The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #281
THGhost
Puppet Master

I am insanely jealous, evan2000. Although I do not envy you having to constantly swap discs to watch the episodes in chronological order.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #282
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I am insanely jealous, evan2000. Although I do not envy you having to constantly swap discs to watch the episodes in chronological order.
Thanks... I guess?

Yeah it's a real hassle watching it directly from the discs for Season 3 to 4. To ease the process I'll probably rip all the episodes to my computer so I can arrange them in folders in chronological order. I'm considering converting them to 16:9 widescreen as well, as I have recently developed a script to do so without making objects in the video look fat.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #283
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
... I have recently developed a script to do so without making objects in the video look fat.
How is that possible?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #284
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I forgot to ask, does anybody have a high quality scan of the DVD cover art (including the spine art) of Notes From The Underground (Volume 5), with the correct 1st part of Raphael's face? I would like to print just that part myself and overlay it above the incorrect spine art, so Raphael's face would look right on my DVD shelf. Anybody who can help, please?
Yeah, I'm have the same problem with my US version of 'Notes from the Underground' as well. I've ordered another one from amazon hoping it will be the other side of his face but it could end up being the same one again.

Anyone know how to determine which cover art of Raph's face you can get with this dvd? I have a feeling the earlier years of this dvd have the other side of his face and the more common later releases have 2nd part of his face.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #285
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Thanks... I guess?

Yeah it's a real hassle watching it directly from the discs for Season 3 to 4. To ease the process I'll probably rip all the episodes to my computer so I can arrange them in folders in chronological order. I'm considering converting them to 16:9 widescreen as well, as I have recently developed a script to do so without making objects in the video look fat.
You could always, y'know, watch them in 4:3 how they were originally made.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 10-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #286
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

If anyone is looking for Season 3 Box 1 there's a brand new copy available on ebay the seller ships worldwide:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEENAGE-MU...item3396839a90
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #287
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
If anyone is looking for Season 3 Box 1 there's a brand new copy available on ebay the seller ships worldwide:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEENAGE-MU...item3396839a90
Ta very much mate. It's about time one of them shipped worldwide. I'm amazed nobody grabbed this the minute you posted it. Think there's still one available that ships worldwide too.

Last edited by THGhost; 10-09-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #288
Longview01
Foot Soldier

evan2000 do you need me to take mine round my parents on Sunday because they have a pretty awesome scanner and I could scan mine in for you there?

Took a quick pic of mine with my ipad

I've got the Australian Season 5

Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #289
THGhost
Puppet Master

Can somebody please PM me if Season 3 Box 2 every appears on eBay with UK/worldwide shipping? All the others are affordable but only ship to Australia for some unknown reason. Thanks.

I'm confused, as I'm sure many people are who are trying to collect all of the 2K3 series. Box 1 says that it contains volumes 1-3 of season 3 and Box 2 contains volumes 4-6 of season 3. Weren't there 7 volumes in total though? The Boxes do say they contain 13 episodes each though, so that sounds good.

Last edited by THGhost; 10-09-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #290
k_lala
Hench Mutant

It still scratches my head on why 4Kids released Turtles Forever on DVD the way they did. After all that hype, release the version no one wants, not in widescreen, not in blu ray, not un cut, not with the right artwork.

I honestly think they planned for the full release version but sales were so bad with this one they didn't have the budget to do it.

I hope a US blu ray version comes out eventually.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #291
nedschneebly
Random Punk

Got the new UK DVD in today. Not 60 minutes as listed on amazon. Back of the case says 80. Will check exact time and disc size when I have my pc available. Here's some pics. Love the inside artwork.

Last edited by nedschneebly; 10-09-2014 at 09:11 AM.
nedschneebly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #292
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview01 View Post
evan2000 do you need me to take mine round my parents on Sunday because they have a pretty awesome scanner and I could scan mine in for you there?
Great! Yes please, you're awesome!

BTW I'm looking for the cover art of Season 1 Volume 5 (Notes From The Underground), not Season 5. I need the first quarter of Raph's face on the DVD spine! The DVD I got has the wrong spine and currently Raph's looked like a 3-eyed mutant on my shelf!

If you could kindly scan the entire cover of Season 1 V5 (front+spine+back) and share it here, so those of us (like me and LeoRaph) can print it out and overlay on our DVD spine to make our image of Raph correct, we would be so grateful!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #293
nedschneebly
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
I hope a US blu ray version comes out eventually.
I would be happy with a blu-ray from any region!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #294
nedschneebly
Random Punk

New UK DVD is 3.87 gigs, 81 minutes and no subtitles. Rerelease maybe?
Old 10-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #295
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedschneebly View Post
New UK DVD is 3.87 gigs, 81 minutes and no subtitles. Rerelease maybe?
Probably yes. Can you take a snapshot using VLC at the 4:37 mark and compare with the one thingy snapshot earlier? Are they identical?

Quote:
Box 1 says that it contains volumes 1-3 of season 3 and Box 2 contains volumes 4-6 of season 3. Weren't there 7 volumes in total though? The Boxes do say they contain 13 episodes each though, so that sounds good.
The US "volumes" are completely different from the Australian "volumes" and cannot be compared directly. For instance, the 7 volumes in US (3.1 to 3.7) contains a mixture of Season 3 and first half of Season 4 episodes and are not in chronological order. And then the second half of Season 4 is released as a standalone Season 4 set. In Australia, there are 4 sets (Season 3 box 1 & 2, Season 4 box 1 & 2), each set contains 13 episodes in 3 discs. Each disc is considered as a "volume" so box 1 contains volumes 1-3 and box 2 contains volumes 4-6, simple as that. And as an added advantage, all episodes are correctly arranged in chronological order! Oh, and the final episode of Season 4, Ninja Tribunal is included in Australian Season 4 box 2 but not included in the US Season 4 release. It was pushed into the Season 5 release instead.

Quote:
You could always, y'know, watch them in 4:3 how they were originally made.
I will keep both the 4:3 copy as well as the converted 16:9 version, and decide which one to use based on the aspect ratio of my playback device (iPad = 4:3, everything else = 16:9)
Old 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #296
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
How is that possible?
Quote:
For alien robots, anything is possible.
Sorry, could resist! Alright back to topic...

It can be done, using non-linear scaling. Many Japanese-brand televisions (eg. Sharp/Toshiba) have a widescreen mode called "super live" that uses this technique to stretch 4:3 content to 16:9 without distorting objects near the center, basically by stretching the edges gradually more than the middle. This usually works well as most 4:3 contents tend to focus the primary object in the center of the screen, while the edges are mostly secondary objects and backgrounds which are less noticeable when stretched.

Based on the same concept I developed my own avisynth script to scale many of my 4:3 videos to 16:9, with mostly positive results. At best, the converted image looks like native widescreen content; at worst, the objects near the edges look just as bad as linear scaling, but never worse. While it is not always perfect, I would say it is worth the trade off between linear scaling (things look fat) and not scaling at all (things look normal but there will be black bars at the two sides).

Take a look at some of the snapshots from my conversion of episode 1:

There will be certain times objects (near the edge) are obviously stretched such as the mousers in the 2nd screenshot and Leo/Raph in the 4th screenshot, but as the video is playing you will hardly notice them. It's good enough for me that objects near the middle always stay normal.

Last edited by evan2000; 10-09-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #297
k_lala
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedschneebly View Post
Got the new UK DVD in today. Not 60 minutes as listed on amazon. Back of the case says 80. Will check exact time and disc size when I have my pc available. Here's some pics. Love the inside artwork.

http://i59.tinypic.com/14y50y1.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2rmbfbn.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/352iz4w.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/28jjhnb.jpg
I believe that's the exact same as the AU version, i have to go home and look to confirm.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #298
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
I believe that's the exact same as the AU version, i have to go home and look to confirm.
It's not the same. I have the AU DVD as well, it looks exactly like this, the DVD case is black (not transparent) and there isn't any inside artwork.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #299
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Great! Yes please, you're awesome!

BTW I'm looking for the cover art of Season 1 Volume 5 (Notes From The Underground), not Season 5. I need the first quarter of Raph's face on the DVD spine! The DVD I got has the wrong spine and currently Raph's looked like a 3-eyed mutant on my shelf!

If you could kindly scan the entire cover of Season 1 V5 (front+spine+back) and share it here, so those of us (like me and LeoRaph) can print it out and overlay on our DVD spine to make our image of Raph correct, we would be so grateful!
Will do buddy, will post it up on Sunday from my parents.

Shall I do a complete scan and let you guys do what you must to it?
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #300
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview01 View Post
Will do buddy, will post it up on Sunday from my parents.

Shall I do a complete scan and let you guys do what you must to it?
Thanks a lot! Most importantly I want the spine art (with Raph's face) but I don't mind having the full cover too! With a good color laser printer I might even replicate the entire cover instead of just printing the spine portion.

Tags
dvd, dvd releases