The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Mutant Apocalypse Speculation and wishlisting thread

I'm kinda surprised this doesn't exist already but here we are -

In a vague attempt not to clog up the main discussion thread with what I sense will be a cloud of speculation and fan listing over what little we presently know of the last TMNT arc, please use this thread to put down your wild theories and discuss.

Please note that any and all posts here are pure speculation and should not be taken as certainties of any description.

So to get the ball rolling and for my own thoughts on how the last TMNT arc will go down then;

It will start off with Raph rescuing a convoy from bandits in a high speed chase. It will turn out that Raph is now a grizzled vigilante that protects innocents from the warlords and raiders that infest the apocalyptic 'badlands'. Possibly a Nightwatcher reference.

The chase will end with Raph finding a strange new mutant and its robotic protector. He'll recognise the robot as Don's creation and the new mutant will recognise him. Reasonably likely the new mutant girl will be called Venus because references.

We learn that 'Venus' is Don and Aprils daughter. We get an emotional series of played back clips via Metalhead 2.0 showing Don and April working on a terraforming machine to try and restore the world based on the Kraang tech from Series 1 but it doesn't work and can only be used as a weapon. We also learn that a masked Warlord learns of the tech and stole it, only later realising it needed a powerful psychic to control it. That warlord came back for April and Don and April died in the confrontation.

We learn that 'Venus' has inherited April's psychic power and that Don built the robot to protect her. We also learn that the warlord knows about her and thats why the bandits were chasing them. She tells him Dons device can also be used to save the world by restoring the old one (or something equally cryptic) and mentions the Fugitoid.

Raph grudgingly agrees to help protect her and get them to the device

We'll get some background info that the world went to hell after the turtles failed to stop some cataclysmic event. We learn that Raph blames himself for what happened, and that it was something he did/didn't do that destroyed the world they knew. We learn Mikey didn't make it during the battle and that Leo and Raph got into an argument and left in the years following. We meet an aged Casey who is now a kick ass badlands mechanic and perhaps his teenage daughter Shadow because references (Karais daughter as well? Why not?)

Chase scene with the bandits, leading to being 'rescued' and arrested by the EPF remnant led by Leo. Leo initially unimpressed with their story and explains that its his job to make sure the Warlord cant use the weapon. He is pressured into 'dealing with' the girl by his commanding officers. Leo can't do it and allows them to escape.

Final race to the secret device. Its revealed its a time travel device, able to make a jump back in time to before the cataclysm, but if they use it they erase their current timeline and Venus ceases to exist completely. However she is the only one who can use it.
Raiders arrive and attack, the Warlord is revealed to be a bitter and vengeful Mikey, Leo and the EPF make a last minute rescue and fight the bandits while Raph and Donbot hold off the Raiders long enough for 'Venus' to activate the machine. Leo and Raph reconcile in battle and we get some emotional fairwells (probably including a Terminator 2 reference as Donbot is destroyed protecting Venus). Evil Mikey turns out to be a truly tragic Mikey and we get a emotional gut punch as he and Leo reconcile even as they kill each other.

Raph is sent back in time and appears back in NYC before the cataclysm. He recovers quick enough to stop himself from doing/not doing the mistake he initially made and status quo is restored.

Last minute wrapping up with strong implications of April and Don getting together in the long term; Raph and Leo repairing their friendship and sticking together long term; and Mikey alive well and the heart of the group.

Happy endings all round, albeit that Venus no longer exists at all, Donbot died, etc, etc

Thats my theory on how it'll go down during Mutant Apocalypse. What is yours?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
NikitaZhukov
Thug

I suppose the villain is Verminator X.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

Thanks for creating this, I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.
I don't think I can come up with a whole plot like that without taking more time to think about it

Raph may have something to do with the apocalypse starting or advancing given the title, I can see there being a separation/bad blood between Raph and Leo as that fits those two.
I hope I don't see Karai with Casey, Sadly I see her as dead and that forming part of Leo's pain. Maybe Raph caused it, adding to their feud? that's a bit stretched though.
As for the end, we may see them or almost all of them die but I can't help but think it could be undone somehow.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Thanks for creating this, I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.
I don't think I can come up with a whole plot like that without taking more time to think about it

Raph may have something to do with the apocalypse starting or advancing given the title, I can see there being a separation/bad blood between Raph and Leo as that fits those two.
I hope I don't see Karai with Casey, Sadly I see her as dead and that forming part of Leo's pain. Maybe Raph caused it, adding to their feud? that's a bit stretched though.
As for the end, we may see them or almost all of them die but I can't help but think it could be undone somehow.
I like your theory about Karai.

I think we will see Casey though. Ciro shared the Bodycount/Old Glory mask and I doubt that has anything to do with the FW 3-Parter.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I like your theory about Karai.

I think we will see Casey though. Ciro shared the Bodycount/Old Glory mask and I doubt that has anything to do with the FW 3-Parter.
Yeah it is part of the final, you can see his mask in one of those colourscripts but no Casey though.

It's at the bottom of the picture.

Spoiler:

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah it is part of the final, you can see his mask in one of those colourscripts but no Casey though.

It's at the bottom of the picture.

Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey)

I have no strong feelings either way with Shini but I could see her as a white haired witch in a temple, helping with her magic maybe.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey)
I think Casey will appear in the final but I doubt he will survive till the end though.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:57 AM   #8
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Well Casey would be at worst around 68 - which makes him old, but not too old to still be marching around trying to fight (even if old age is catching up on him).

I think it'd be cool to see him at a grizzled old fighter grumbling at the rigours of age. Kinda like Whistler in the old Blade movies.

And yeah, Karai dying as a result of Raph's actions (unintentional or not) would be a great way to help drive Raph and Leo apart.

I suspect that everyone will 'die' in the finale one way or another, but it will be retconned so that the timeline never happened in the first place (see the original time travel theory in my first post)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #9
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey
That would be cool but you'd never know that since they were never buddies in this series. However, maybe during those 50 years they did become buddies.

Did anyone ever take into consideration that maybe this is all just a tall tale that maybe Raph or one of the others is telling? Just a thought.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 09-11-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:28 AM   #10
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

i with kavaxas and our demon army attacked and destroyed the world. The turtles couldnt find our demonic army! I WON! That what happend!!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #11
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The same thing happend in the 2003 series where i had conqured the world in the future and karai and april were old but karai was still my servant!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Oh great, not this guy again!

Why can't you just stay dead already?

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Yeah, it would've been even worse if had they put the ice cream kitty music video at the end of the mutant apocalypse

Its much more fittig at the end of the crossover and has a happy ending feel to it, thus why Nick probably wants that.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I was thinking she was Alopex.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:57 AM   #15
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Very disappointing way to end the series.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #16
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I seriously hope for a reset at some point because it would be depressing for them to end it this way especially if not all four Turtles are there. Not sure how I feel about a dream sequence, but based on what others said about the monster arc, Renet did hint that she would see Mikey in the future so I hope she makes things right again.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I seriously hope for a reset at some point because it would be depressing for them to end it this way especially if not all four Turtles are there. Not sure how I feel about a dream sequence, but based on what others said about the monster arc, Renet did hint that she would see Mikey in the future so I hope she makes things right again.
She's not in the final episode

Old 09-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #18
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Very disappointing way to end the series.
As of right now, I agree with you. I'll be open minded to it, but I'm really worried this will suck eggs.

Even if it does, I won't sweat it. To me, Owari was the series finale and the Kavaxas arc/Lone Rat was a nice epilogue.

I don't mean to say that the rest isn't canon, but everything else in season 5 has just been fun extra stories with no cohesive narrative. It's not like the whole show has been leading up to "Carmageddon" or whateve.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

The fact that they describe possible futures tells me that this isn't concrete, however, they did also say that people would be talking about this for time to come which argues the miserable end.
We'll have to see.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #20
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Having seen only the teaser clip, I've got to say I'm really kind of stoked for this Mad Max ending to things.

It feels very non-linear, twisted, and hearkens to the future we only get random smatterings from Mirage.

I kind of even like the beard.
Though, I'm a little sad that this future Raph has both eyes.

(haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone else mentioned this could either be a D&D style campaign? Or possibly a story Mikey is telling...or reading?)
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finale not final, pappenbrooksonicfetish