The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #9781
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I just saw this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Usagi-Yoj...YAAOSwhURZgSVk

This might be a Walmart exclusive....not sure.

Last edited by TMNTFanatic4Life; 08-02-2017 at 11:33 AM.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #9782
Cobrakahn
Random Punk

I saw a fresh case of the Usagi wave at a Target yesterday, with the regular Usagi in his blue suit. They seemed to have moved closer to the front of the shelf but only have 2 racks instead of 4?
Old 08-04-2017, 09:53 PM   #9783
Reputator
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakahn View Post
I saw a fresh case of the Usagi wave at a Target yesterday, with the regular Usagi in his blue suit. They seemed to have moved closer to the front of the shelf but only have 2 racks instead of 4?
If new shipments are being sent out, that's a very encouraging sign for those of us still frustrated at not finding him.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #9784
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Finally!!

IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/23u90fs.jpg[/IMG]
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #9785
mikepl333
Random Punk

Muckman future release

Any sign of this guy being released again, since Playmates screwed us over with this one. I reached out to Playmates with no reply, not shocked considering they have the worst "customer" service.

Anyone purchasing this off ebay for the idiotic prices are complete tools and only encouraging the further scalping of these figures, no different than the NES bs..SERIOUSLY!
mikepl333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #9786
Btown
Hench Mutant

got the notification from amazon that Werewolf Michelangelo was in stock. I went to the app and added to my cart (was 11.99 primed) by the time I changed my address it said it was no longer available.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #9787
calmik
Foot Soldier

there are 3 XL Usagi figures at my local walmart. almost tempted. but never bought any other others. still no regular Usagi around my area. seen a few Armored ones though.
calmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #9788
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmik View Post
there are 3 XL Usagi figures at my local walmart. almost tempted. but never bought any other others. still no regular Usagi around my area. seen a few Armored ones though.
How much is the XL Usagi? I've never purchased any of the XL figures before.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #9789
calmik
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
How much is the XL Usagi? I've never purchased any of the XL figures before.
it was 12.99 at my Walmart.
calmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #9790
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I found the XL Usagi at a Walmart in Milwaukee. They had 3 of them at a cost of 12.93 each plus tax.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #9791
jiggacrazy
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepl333 View Post
Any sign of this guy being released again, since Playmates screwed us over with this one. I reached out to Playmates with no reply, not shocked considering they have the worst "customer" service.

Anyone purchasing this off ebay for the idiotic prices are complete tools and only encouraging the further scalping of these figures, no different than the NES bs..SERIOUSLY!
I broke down and finally bought a Muckman from eBay. I get what you're saying but I had to weight the risk of never getting one and/or paying $500 down the road...or paying $75 now. If the run on them is done, $75 is going to be looked at as a bargain in 5 years. If they do another run...well, that was the risk I was taking. But he came out in April. That's 5 months ago now. It's a safe bet he's gone and done.
jiggacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #9792
tmntman
Mad Scientist

I stopped by a Target store today to find that they have done their fall reset as well. Sadly no TMNT Mega Construx nor did I see any Half-Shell Heroes (though I didn't actually look for them) They did have one new item though, box sets of the Mini Mutants figures. Each set had the four Turtles, a Kraang, a Foot Soldier and either Splinter or Shredder. There appears to be two sets and they were priced at $20 each.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #9793
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggacrazy View Post
I broke down and finally bought a Muckman from eBay. I get what you're saying but I had to weight the risk of never getting one and/or paying $500 down the road...or paying $75 now. If the run on them is done, $75 is going to be looked at as a bargain in 5 years. If they do another run...well, that was the risk I was taking. But he came out in April. That's 5 months ago now. It's a safe bet he's gone and done.

I'm thinking this Nick Muckman toy will become the new Scratch. I was lucky to find one for less than 10 dollars back when it first came out and I haven't seen a single Muckman since then. I mean, I did see another but the package was crushed badly.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #9794
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Even that one you could have bought and sold for $50. Why leave it on the peg?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #9795
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I don't understand why Playmates would do such a limited run on Muckman. Does not make financial sense to me. There is still plenty of time before the new show/toys start. I would think to make the investment of creating prototypes&molds for Muckman a large production run would be required. Plus once all that work is done just keep producing the popular toy and make money. It's weird to me.

Also Super Shredder and Human Karai both took around eight months before showing up plentiful in retail if I'm not mistaken. I'm optimistic Muckman will be around at retail because I still need him, but am not willing to pay vintage toy price for new figures. I mean Playmates doesn't like to keep unused molds just setting around. Just look at the classic collection.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #9796
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I seem to remember Quarry making it to production but in an extremely limited run. Super Shredder took about six months to "leak out" everywhere but after a few months there were a ton of them. I am almost sure at this point that they have discontinued Muckman on the basis that they THINK there is little to no interest in the character.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:20 PM   #9797
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

I think it just has to do with timing. He came out right before the Samurai assortments and just hasn't been included in any of those cases. There's no reason to believe that he won't be showing up in future cases.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #9798
Reputator
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
I think it just has to do with timing. He came out right before the Samurai assortments and just hasn't been included in any of those cases. There's no reason to believe that he won't be showing up in future cases.
Yeah but now the line has a limited time left. Who knows what will happen? Figures become rare for exactly reasons like this.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #9799
indy1936
Random Punk

Anyone have any luck finding Samurai Donnie in Maryland? I have found everything from this wave but him. The shelves seem bare of any basic Turtle figures at all targets, toys r us and walmarts.
indy1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #9800
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Went to a local Walmart that had some 12 inch Usagi Yojimbo in stock. For $13 it doesn't seem like a bad deal. Seems like they have been selling for much larger amounts on ebay this month.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote