The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
It was on the PC and PS2 first. The PC didn't have stripped down graphics. The Wii version was a more direct port of the PS2 version, whereas the 360 and PS3 versions were uprezzed from the PC.

Fun puzzles? Give me a ****ing break.

Also, anything ported to the Wii after the fact is almost always a gimped version.
No, they were upressed from the PS2 versions, look it up. The Wii version is universally thought of having good puzzles, not to mention a few puzzles changed from the PS2 version making it feel fresher. The Wii port is really good if you can live with SD. Waggle doesn't affect the gameplay much and the exclusive puzzles while not to your standards were fun for the majority.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #23
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I love tomb raider.

Have all the games, even the spin-off dlc game: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

I'm an active member at a tomb raider forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Speaking of falling off the Great Wall, here are clips on some of her most interesting game deaths from the games I have played. No, this is not my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bMBj5ZKrc

I'll give you some insight. I did get eaten by the T-Rex once, but that was only in Tomb Raider 1. I missed him in the second game.
There's a t-rex in Tomb Raider 2. There's a hidden path that goes down the dark abyss of the first China level.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #24
HugeBadWolf
Foot Soldier

Love the TR games, have played them all (apart from Guardian of Light) on various systems.
Recently bought TR2 for PS1 so I can go for a wander around the Maria Doria (?sp) again but haven't got round to it yet.

Cheers,
Doug
HugeBadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I remember when I was the first one of all my friends to find the two T-Rexes. They didn't even believe me first when I told them, lol.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #26
Peanut
Second Gear

Tomb Raider is a product of its time and the series has aged poorly. There's still some merit to the new games in the series, like Legends, but very little beyond that. Lara Croft was an icon of that generation of games for the simple reason that she was a chick with huge boobs who was marketed as such. It wasn't because the games were any good, even if they were impressive at the time.

I still hold to the fact that, aside from Legends, the best game in the series is Guardian of Light, which ironically enough is the least like any other game in the franchise.

The new game does look pretty alright, though.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #27
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Tomb Raider is a product of its time and the series has aged poorly. There's still some merit to the new games in the series, like Legends, but very little beyond that. Lara Croft was an icon of that generation of games for the simple reason that she was a chick with huge boobs who was marketed as such. It wasn't because the games were any good, even if they were impressive at the time.

I still hold to the fact that, aside from Legends, the best game in the series is Guardian of Light, which ironically enough is the least like any other game in the franchise.

The new game does look pretty alright, though.
I never liked Lara because of her boobs, luckily. It's just to adventure that caught my attention. Plus, I was thinking at the time that the grapics were cool. Yes, they are very dated today, but I still have fun playing the games. Too bad my Tomb Raider 3 game disc is not working anymore. That one was never one of my favorites anyway.

Wow. Guardian of Light looks interesting. I never knew a game like that existed.

Still, I will agree with you on some things. The series has aged poorly. Like I said - outdated graphics. Also, I feel like the games have gotten better graphics, but have become a lot more complicated to play. I bought Tomb Raider: Anniversary thinking it was going to bring back the memories of playing the first Tomb Raider on PC. It didn't. Tomb Raider had its difficult moments, but it wasn't as complicated as this reboot. I was so frustrated and disappointed. Everytime I played the darn thing, it was like "climb here, jump, climb here, aim by yourself, climb here, stand and balance on a stick, swing on poles, and just die." Games shouldn't be that stressful. That's just bad for your health. Also, the reason why she could be aging poorly is because of brand new games that are becoming popular today: Halo, Call of Duty, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, etc. You get the picture.

I'm not sure about this new Tomb Raider game. I don't even like the voice for her in this one. Besides, Crystal Dynamics are calling it "Tomb Raider." Hello! There was already a "Tomb Raider," and it came out in 1996! I would have preferred something like "Tomb Raider: Origins," or "The Becoming of the Tomb Raider." Everytime I go on YouTube to look for "Tomb Raider," I'm looking for the first game, NOT this one!

Last edited by Bauer536; 01-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #28
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I can't be the only one looking forward to the new Tomb Raider (2013) game? The release date is TODAY!

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #29
Super Moderator

I still have yet to receive my key from AMD so I can't play Tomb Raider yet.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 03:24 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered includes disclaimers about the "harmful" stereotypes in the games.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/to...4hmotkSzQoDRGk
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote