The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellington View Post
All the best, Mr Eastman. Please do not get discouraged by trolls.
Who are you talking to?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #22
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Who are you talking to?
yes men r us?


just a guess.....

we all have faults...kevin is no different.


like i said before, we should all be as open to new things...but constantly open regardless of quality is something a tad different..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #23
d_osborn
Stone Warrior
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yes men r us?


just a guess.....

we all have faults...kevin is no different.


like i said before, we should all be as open to new things...but constantly open regardless of quality is something a tad different..
No one is forcing you to watch it, no one is forcing you to talk about it. I love Keaton's Batman, but I don't really pay attention to Bat Mite or Crazy Quilt ...and I sleep VERY well at night.

TMNT was an independent comic/kid property from the 80s-- an area that isn't known for consistent quality throughout every licensed production. The proverbial "cool kid in a candy store comic nerd that struck it rich" Eastman gets excited about projects and promotes them. He gets paid, big shocker. This shouldn't be surprising anymore.

I think it's super cool he's opening up another channel of communication for fans.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #24
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Currently in Tokyo, Japan)
Posts: 4,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yes men r us?


just a guess.....

we all have faults...kevin is no different.


like i said before, we should all be as open to new things...but constantly open regardless of quality is something a tad different..
How is being an optimist a fault? I like that he can find something good in everything, even if it's bad or enjoy it for what it is.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #25
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I feel sorry for him. he genuinely thinks everyhing is great. no matter how bad it is. where as peter is kind of the opposite. everything needs to be perfect or done his way or else it's an abomination.

I kind of like peter's way better these days
Why feel bad though? It must be great to love any and every thing regardless of quality.

Poor Peter seems to get all hung up on it. For the benefit of the property, but still.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #26
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I never thought we'd live in a world where 50-60+ year old men start youtube channels and social media accounts. These people didn't even grow up with the internet when they were younger, it didn't even exist till they were like 35 or so.
His wife is younger than we are, CC.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:09 AM   #27
Wildcat
Mad Scientist
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
How is being an optimist a fault? I like that he can find something good in everything, even if it's bad or enjoy it for what it is.
I agree with this.

I don't really follow Kevin or Peter but every time he's brought up people say he likes everything and will promote anything. Like all he cares about is having more TMNT?

I'm sure he does not like everything. He probably doesn't see a need to trash or bad mouth things.

Besides if you sell a franchise you're not in the best position to complain about what others do to it.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #28
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
How is being an optimist a fault? I like that he can find something good in everything, even if it's bad or enjoy it for what it is.
being blind to bad quality isn't all that great.

didn't he compare bay turtles to avengers at one point?


I understand he was probably contractually obligated to promote the thing somehow....since i think he had a small part in it. but still..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:12 AM   #29
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,221
Kevin is just a conundrum to me. He seems really scattered these days-- I remember reading an interview where he referred to Karai as being Shredder's daughter but in Mirage she wasn't. She was just a woman chosen to bring order to the New York Foot by the main branch of the clan in Japan. The daughter of Shredder motif wasn't used until the 4Kids show aired.

I remember another interview where Eastman blames the failure of Next Mutation on the toy line. If anything the toyline was one of the best things about Next Mutation.

His support of Leif Tilden passing off random bo staffs as legitimate movie props is also kind of... strange. Kevin has always been a promoter. At the end of the day, it's about money for him. He isn't nearly as knowledgeable with regards to the property he helped create as it's diehard fans are. Peter on the other hand seemed to just keep throwing more and more money at TMNT so that he could shape it how he wanted it. There's no doubt that this contributed to his burn out. I don't blame Eastman for taking a job as a consultant for Nick and IDW since they probably worship him like a god there. Peter is very opinionated and seems like he has to have everything his way so it isn't much of a surprise that they eventually parted ways.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #30
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,226
yep.

i kind of wonder if they where always like that, or if one got that way because of the other.

kevin started being lax about everything and tried to be happy and positive with all the riggors of business driving people down..

where as peter went the opposite route and tried to take charge and control to try and keep things in order.

personally, at this stage i find peter's way worked better. we got 4 great years of tmnt with 4kids because of it, until playmates or someone tried to take control with fast forward.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Kevin is just a conundrum to me. He seems really scattered these days-- I remember reading an interview where he referred to Karai as being Shredder's daughter but in Mirage she wasn't.
Didn't he say that in one of the IDW trades collecting City at War? I thought I'd read that.

Quote:
She was just a woman chosen to bring order to the New York Foot by the main branch of the clan in Japan. The daughter of Shredder motif wasn't used until the 4Kids show aired.
Correct. Apparently having her be her own woman and Shredder's boss wasn't satisfactory... she had to be the underling and daughter of Shredder to "work" as a character.

I'm shocked more fans aren't upset about that, particularly female fans.

Quote:
I remember another interview where Eastman blames the failure of Next Mutation on the toy line.
Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yep.

i kind of wonder if they where always like that, or if one got that way because of the other.

kevin started being lax about everything and tried to be happy and positive with all the riggors of business driving people down..

where as peter went the opposite route and tried to take charge and control to try and keep things in order.

personally, at this stage i find peter's way worked better. we got 4 great years of tmnt with 4kids because of it, until playmates or someone tried to take control with fast forward.
No matter how you look at it, the decisions made for NT:TNM caused the rift one way or another.

NT:TNM: Kevin saying, "Let's try it my way." While Peter sat quietly in the corner.
4Kids: Peter saying, "Well that didn't work, and why would it? Let's try it my way... and by the way, Kevin, let me buy out your half of the damn TMNT rights while I'm at it."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

I'm shocked more fans aren't upset about that, particularly female fans.
It drives me nuts, personally.

Especially since Saki's actual daughter is a completely different character that everyone seems to forget.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-22-2017 at 11:48 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
His wife is younger than we are, CC.
You mean his wife is in her 20's? What?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It drives me nuts, personally.

Especially since Saki's actual daughter is a completely different character that everyone seems to forget.
We few, the faithful, still remember.

#OrokuPimiko
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #35
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You mean his wife is in her 20's? What?
You don't know who Courtney Eastman is?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #36
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,272
Karai had such a great entrance in City at War. I liked the dynamic it set up within the Foot Clan across the globe.

Shame they haven't integrated that back into her character.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:24 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Karai had such a great entrance in City at War. I liked the dynamic it set up within the Foot Clan across the globe.

Shame they haven't integrated that back into her character.
Nope, it's always either daughter of Shredder, or FAKE daughter of Shredder. But always clearly lesser than Shredder, his underling and fundamentally connected to him in some way.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #38
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You mean his wife is in her 20's? What?

I take that back-- she's almost 31. Still younger than many of us, and she was still in her twenties when she married him four years ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,038
Is it just me or -- and I don't mean this in a bad way -- as Kevin gets older, more and more he begins to resemble... Peter Laird?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I take that back-- she's almost 31. Still younger than many of us, and she was still in her twenties when she married him four years ago.
And Kevin is almost 60 now, right? So basically he married a golddigger? I mean there's no reason a woman would marry a guy 30 years older than her if she wasn't in it for the money, especially since Eastman is a millionaire.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kevin eastman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.