The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Razhar and Tokka appear more?
Yes 15 50.00%
No 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #81
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Razhar in the 1987 episode, 'Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter' was not a dumb feral mutant. He was an intellectual looking for a food source to survive.

CKD, I listed Baxter because he is a first string character.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 04-13-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Razhar in the 1987 episode, 'Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter' was not a dumb feral mutant. He was an intellectual looking for a food source to survive.
Yes, but he had no backstory. He was just a mutant living in the wilds.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #83
ToTheNines
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And yet he functioned as an actual Shredder, fulfilling all of the core functions and backgrounds of Oroku Saki (albeit with some changes). Same for Nick's take on the character.
Plus the Utrom thing was a twist, and not revealed until partway into season 2. In his exo-suit, he was as much of a Shredder as the next.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #84
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And I'd say most of the updated characters in Nick all form the same functions to make them true to their characters as well. That's why I don't understand some of these people's double standards here.

We finally have a Rahzar with an actual character and backstory, as opposed to the dumb feral mutant he was in the second movie. Until IDW introduces their version of Rahzar in the future...if that ever happens, Nick's version is still the most developed version of the character.
I'd disagree with you, especially regarding Bebop and Rocksteady.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

What do you mean?
Old 04-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #86
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
What do you mean?
Two new unique characters (Russian gangster / former soldier and street high-tech master thief) who got shoved into mutations and forced by poor writing to become Bebop and Rocksteady because toys+nostalgia=$
Old 04-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #87
ToTheNines
Banned

Here we go again.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Two new unique characters (Russian gangster / former soldier and street high-tech master thief) who got shoved into mutations and forced by poor writing to become Bebop and Rocksteady because toys+nostalgia=$
They were planned to be Bebop and Rocksteady from the beginning. They just made them more unique this time around, since in the original show, Archie, and even IDW...they're kind of interchangeable from each other. There are some slight minute differences between the two, but not that much.

Rocksteady now being a Russian and Bebop being a Michael Jackson impersonator does set them apart. And as said, Rocksteady is still a white guy with blonde hair, and Bebop is still a black man with a purple mohawk before mutations. They're also still thieves/crooks, just not street punks, and they still work for Shredder.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #89
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
They were planned to be Bebop and Rocksteady from the beginning. They just made them more unique this time around, since in the original show, Archie, and even IDW...they're kind of interchangeable from each other. There are some slight minute differences between the two, but not that much.

Rocksteady now being a Russian and Bebop being a Michael Jackson impersonator does set them apart. And as said, Rocksteady is still a white guy with blonde hair, and Bebop is still a black man with a purple mohawk before mutations. They're also still thieves/crooks, just not street punks, and they still work for Shredder.
Fine, Cubed. That's fine.

You do you.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #90
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

I rather that Bebop and Rocksteady are street punks, they were streat punks in the IDW comics, at least they got them right.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #91
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
So? At a certain level, the Turtles, Splinter, and Shredder are pretty interchangeable across the board.

Quote:
That was... shockingly superficial. Rocksteady: white blond dude? Check. Bebop: black dude with purple mohawk? Check.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I rather that Bebop and Rocksteady are street punks, they were streat punks in the IDW comics, at least they got them right.
"Got them right?" What the hell does that even mean? So they're not allowed to change or update characters? Rocksteady and Bebop are still crooks/thieves who work for Shredder. They're still comical/silly villains and have the same human origins.

By your logic every character has to be 100% identical to whatever their first appearance was. I love how Rat King can be an immortal God part of the Pantheon in IDW, and nobody has a problem with that. Yet if Nick did something even slightly different with a character, people are up in arms.

Quote:
So? At a certain level, the Turtles, Splinter, and Shredder are pretty interchangeable across the board.

That was... shockingly superficial. Rocksteady: white blond dude? Check. Bebop: black dude with purple mohawk? Check.
What does this even mean? Nick's Bebop and Rocksteady are basically true to the characters. Of course they have some changes (the way Bebop acts and fights in particular), but that's to be expected with new versions of a character.

I swear the double standards here are bizarre.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #93
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
"Got them right?" What the hell does that even mean? So they're not allowed to change or update characters? Rocksteady and Bebop are still crooks/thieves who work for Shredder. They're still comical/silly villains and have the same human origins.

By your logic every character has to be 100% identical to whatever their first appearance was. I love how Rat King can be an immortal God part of the Pantheon in IDW, and nobody has a problem with that. Yet if Nick did something even slightly different with a character, people are up in arms.

What does this even mean? Nick's Bebop and Rocksteady are basically true to the characters. Of course they have some changes (the way Bebop acts and fights in particular), but that's to be expected with new versions of a character.

I swear the double standards here are bizarre.
What I liked about the IDW version was, they were less goofy, and a lot more dangerous, leaving a path of destruction along the way
Old 04-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
What I liked about the IDW version was, they were less goofy, and a lot more dangerous, leaving a path of destruction along the way
So in other words you're fine with IDW changing Bebop/Rocksteady from what they were known for, yet when Nick does the same you feel it's "too different."

What.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #95
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
So in other words you're fine with IDW changing Bebop/Rocksteady from what they were known for, yet when Nick does the same you feel it's "too different."

What.
I don't like how Bebop and Rocksteady were portrayed in the Nick series, They were forced to being mutants against there will, and they hated it.

The ones on the IDW comics, and even Out Of The Shadows loved being mutated, cause they wanted to be bad asses, only they are bad at being bad asses. lol
Old 04-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I don't like how Bebop and Rocksteady were portrayed in the Nick series, They were forced to being mutants against there will, and they hated it.
Dude, what?

They didn't like being mutants at first, but Rocksteady loves being a mutant now. He even uses the "Rocksteady" name over his own in the Nick cartoon calling himself, "The Rocksteady." Bebop also seems fine with it now. Of course Shredder is going to mutate them, he did the same thing in the OT only back there they were too stupid to realize they were being used as guinea pigs to fight the Turtles.

And that's what you're complaining about? Talk about nitpicking.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:40 PM   #97
Andrew NDB
Banned

Quote:
The ones on the IDW comics, and even Out Of The Shadows loved being mutated, cause they wanted to be bad asses, only they are bad at being bad asses. lol
Which makes the Shredder have NO credibility as a villain boss that he would employ such things.

"Oh, but he could deploy them into certain scenarios where BRUTE FORCE is needed!!"

Yeah, he sure could, if he was a moron. You can't predict what Bebop and Rocksteady will do. They'll probably trip on a banana peel and shoot whatever Foot you assign to them in the face before muttering about "Youse toitles gonna pay!"
Old 04-14-2017, 04:28 AM   #98
neatoman
Banned

Quote:
I'm more bothered by how quickly they accepted though. They attack Shredder once, tries to return to their old selves once and then what? They never talk about how it sucks that they're monster or try to undermine the Shredder again?

Quote:
I'm not so sure the IDW versions were in for the "badass" factor, it seemed more like they were so desperate for acceptance they were willing to go through with it. In OotS it was just kind of weird, they had no idea what would happen and then just went along with their orders like nothing happened... I really hate that movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Which makes the Shredder have NO credibility as a villain boss that he would employ such things.

"Oh, but he could deploy them into certain scenarios where BRUTE FORCE is needed!!"

Yeah, he sure could, if he was a moron. You can't predict what Bebop and Rocksteady will do. They'll probably trip on a banana peel and shoot whatever Foot you assign to them in the face before muttering about "Youse toitles gonna pay!"
Yeah, Bebop and Rocksteady aren't reliable. In IDW's defence however, they were constantly kicked out of gangs for being incompetent and unreliable, Karai even tells them she's going to kill them if they step out of line again. So at least it's acknowledged?
Old 04-15-2017, 05:38 AM   #99
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Bebop and Rocksteady, and also Karai, Dogpound and Fishface, could've stayed human in this version. Tigerclaw was a great mutant antagonist for this series.
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Old 04-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #100
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Now I want to see a version of TMNT where Shredder deploys Rocksteady and Bebop only once. And, then eliminates them immediately for failing him, like he did the Purple Dragon leader at the beginning of 2k3.

The FW fanboys would throw a fit.

A version where he just plain fires them would be funny too. They could be living on the street doing pathetic petty crimes like stealing candy etc. like in the magazine comics.
Closed Thread

Tags
cubedindenial