The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 04:43 AM   #1
Nortock Diab
Foot Soldier

TMNT Volume 4 #29 FAN PRINT

Hi everybody

I wanted to let you know about a project I have in mind which consists in reprinting TMNT vol.4 #29.

As you know, this is one of the rarest and most sought after TMNT book and for quite some time I realized that the only way to get a physical copy would be to print it myself.

Scans are legally available on the web and I was able to print a copy that I am quite satisfied with (even if scans are not of the highest resolution).
You can find some photos of the only existing copy below:
Blank sketch page is filled with a Jim Lawson drawing related to a possible conclusion to Volume 4.
This drawing was commissioned by a fan and never saw print in a book before (Jim talks about it on his Facebook page).

Now that the pages layout is done, other fans like me could benefit it.
Thus, I plan to print a batch of this book for any people interested in a copy.

I told the fan who owns the Jim Lawson drawing about this plan and he gave me his blessing for using the "Possible conclusion to Volume 4" in my project. In my opinion that is a very cool added value that makes this print more unique.

The price per copy shall not be higher than $10. For your information, I do not plan on making profit with this print. Price paid for a copy will only cover printing and shipments costs. This is very important for me. The idea is mainly to fill the gap in fans collections.

I'll be happy to answer any questions !
Nortock Diab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Thats all copyrighted artwork except maybe the fans commission... and illegal to print your own. Any place thats printing these is breaking the law. Unless you have the printer and are doing it yourself.... which then, its still not legal...
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP!

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:32 AM   #3
ToTheNines
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Thats all copyrighted artwork except maybe the fans commission... and illegal to print your own. Any place thats printing these is breaking the law. Unless you have the printer and are doing it yourself.... which then, its still not legal...
Lol, what a cuck. If Mirage actually gave a ****, they'd have made a second printing.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Powder
Endless Screw

I'm in for one.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #5
Nortock Diab
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps
I understand your concern. Yet my belief is that there is a tolerance to encourage the fan community to take part in the process.
Thanks to this we saw an ending to Volume 3, Odyssey, a reprint of an official story only published in Spain and many others.

In my case we are talking about a book legally available on the internet, not currently available in a physical copy from the publisher and which will likely not see print for years.
As stated above, this project not being profitable is mandatory in my opinion and I will pay a close attention to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder
I'm in for one.
Thanks!
I will let you know when I need more information.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:36 AM   #6
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
I understand your concern. Yet my belief is that there is a tolerance to encourage the fan community to take part in the process.
Thanks to this we saw an ending to Volume 3, Odyssey, a reprint of an official story only published in Spain and many others.

In my case we are talking about a book legally available on the internet, not currently available in a physical copy from the publisher and which will likely not see print for years.
As stated above, this project not being profitable is mandatory in my opinion and I will pay a close attention to this point.

Thanks!
I will let you know when I need more information.
Theres a difference between a full fan made comic and taking digital copies of a book that has been published and making your own printing of it. The book/artwork may be legally available online for download but that does not mean you can legally print out copies to sell. Its still copyrighted material. Someone did this a few years back on here and I said the same thing then too.
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP!

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Theres a difference between a full fan made comic and taking digital copies of a book that has been published and making your own printing of it. The book/artwork may be legally available online for download but that does not mean you can legally print out copies to sell. Its still copyrighted material. Someone did this a few years back on here and I said the same thing then too.
There is no difference, jackass. Either way, it's not for profit. TMNT and all of its characters are trademarked, so selling your own fan comic is just as "illegal".

But if he's only being reimbursed, plus the whole issue is online FOR FREE, there is no crime. Stop crying.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #8
JonesyKitty
Stone Warrior

Interested in a copy if you end up doing this. I'm trying to complete my comic collection and this will work to fill the gap!
Old 04-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #9
DestronMirage22
Stone Warrior

I'd love to get one, but do you accept money orders? That's the only form of payment that I have, since I don't own a credit card.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:51 AM   #10
Nortock Diab
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty
Interested in a copy if you end up doing this. I'm trying to complete my comic collection and this will work to fill the gap!
Thanks!
I'll give you more info in due time but everything is going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22
I'd love to get one, but do you accept money orders? That's the only form of payment that I have, since I don't own a credit card.
I'm sure we'll figure something out. I sent you a PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #11
funatic
Stone Warrior

Keep me in the loop too! Still kicking myself for scoffing at the $10 price tag on a big stack of #29s that I could have bought one of and got signed by Peter Laird IN PERSON at a tiny FCBD signing way back in 2008. If this goes well you should consider doing #30 too, also hard to find!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:14 AM   #12
Nortock Diab
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic
Keep me in the loop too! Still kicking myself for scoffing at the $10 price tag on a big stack of #29s that I could have bought one of and got signed by Peter Laird IN PERSON at a tiny FCBD signing way back in 2008.
Too bad...
I'm glad I am of some help though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic
If this goes well you should consider doing #30 too, also hard to find!
As I have #30 myself, this will not be my next move.
However I have other printing plans. Particularly a 10-page story that absolutely never saw print elsewhere than in its own country. It will be fun .
Old 04-26-2017, 05:45 AM   #13
Nortock Diab
Foot Soldier

Everything is on track!
Enough people showed their interest.
I now only have to update the file to send it to the printer and decide the exact print run.

I will then let you know about the cost per copy and shipment options.

In the meantime you can read this lovely testimony of a lucky fan who found an original copy.
Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #14
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
depending on the cost i'd consider getting a copy.

http://myconius.deviantart.com/
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM   #15
Nortock Diab
Foot Soldier

Exact cost will be known pretty soon and there will be some spare copies!