The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
Shredder
Admin/Layton Apprentice

New TMNT Comic Debuts in the UK!

For all of the UK TMNT fans, you may be interested in a new monthly comic that was just released featuring the Turtles! This new comic series "will feature two strips each issue and include features, including behind the scenes articles on the movie and TV series." The magazine is on-sale now, and is available for £2.60 per issue or £28.75 for a one-year, 13 issue subscription. For more information on the comic (including a picture of the first issue cover) and for subscription information, feel free to visit the official site at http://www.titanmagazines.co.uk/tita...roduct&sp=S908

"Well, actually, I always wanted to be a writer. Being a ruthless conqueror was my second choice." --Shredder, Take Me to Your Leader
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
gobo
Wacky Action

Already been discussed, sir. US residents can't get it. BTW, weekly magazine that only has 13 issues per year? Please explain.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
Shredder
Admin/Layton Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Already been discussed, sir. US residents can't get it. BTW, weekly magazine that only has 13 issues per year? Please explain.
Well, even if a topic is being discussed somewhere on the forums, we still will post about any new TMNT-related release in the News section. This way, people can check one central area for anything new about the TMNT, since it's easy to overlook a thread mentioning a release with so many forums here.

Oops- I fixed the original post. It should read "monthly," as there are only 13 issues per year.

"Well, actually, I always wanted to be a writer. Being a ruthless conqueror was my second choice." --Shredder, Take Me to Your Leader
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Yeah... this is for the front page of the website as well. not just the forums. You'll see it's right on the main page.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Already been discussed, sir. US residents can't get it.
How do you KNOW we can't get it? Where does it say on the website that we U.S. residents can't subscribe to this? You've got me VERY confused here, gobo. Please explain.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
How do you KNOW we can't get it? Where does it say on the website that we U.S. residents can't subscribe to this? You've got me VERY confused here, gobo. Please explain.
Last I knew anything, they said at the official site for this magazine that they don't ship it outside of The Brittish Isles. Also, no book-stores in the 'States carry it. I just tried subscribing, but it tries to sign me up for six issues of 24 - The Magazine instead. So, it's not looking too good for US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Well, even if a topic is being discussed somewhere on the forums, we still will post about any new TMNT-related release in the News section. This way, people can check one central area for anything new about the TMNT, since it's easy to overlook a thread mentioning a release with so many forums here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi heavenly6 View Post
Yeah... this is for the front page of the website as well. not just the forums. You'll see it's right on the main page.
Dunno how I missed these, but "my evil, yo " I hadn't even realized which forum this was. I just hit the "new posts" button every time. >_<

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Last I knew anything, they said at the official site for this magazine that they don't ship it outside of The Brittish Isles. Also, no book-stores in the 'States carry it. I just tried subscribing, but it tries to sign me up for six issues of 24 - The Magazine instead. So, it's not looking too good for US.
If this is true, this bites BIG time!

And I'd like to know WHY. Is it because of the difference in the money? Given that I've seen British websites that sell comics, and U.S. collectors CAN buy them, this seems a bit weird to me.

Anyway, can you tell me WHERE on the site that it says that? NOT that I don't BELIEVE you, but I'd like to check this out for myself.