The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #15741
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Paige is done as an in-ring performer
https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=114747
Wow, that really sucks. She just got back, had a hot angle that was working out so far and now she's just straight up done. Gotta be a heartbreaker for her.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #15742
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Ricochet is going to The WWE. As a huge fan of him from Lucha Underground I hate this. WWE is gonna ruin him or stick him on 205 live or have him job to lesser talent

http://nodq.com/news/517867107.shtml
Old 01-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #15743
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Ricochet is going to The WWE. As a huge fan of him from Lucha Underground I hate this. WWE is gonna ruin him or stick him on 205 live or have him job to lesser talent

http://nodq.com/news/517867107.shtml
Richochet's said outright he's not going to WWE if they want to put him with the cruiserweights, so unless he caved for some reason - and I don't see why he would, he's got a good setup in the indies - they probably worked something out to keep him off that.

As for ruining him, well, we'll see. Some guys work out, some don't. That's just the way it goes. You do end up with guys who flame out who should have been stars judging by how good they were elsewhere, but then guys like Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Prince Devitt, AJ Styles and others come in and end up world champions. Richochet's got a good shot, the question is if they're going to let him cut loose. He's a high flier, so they need to let him do what brought him to the dance without too much nagging to dial it back.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:38 AM   #15744
ZariusTwo
Overlord

IMPACT spoilers

Spoiler:
-Grand Champion Matt Sydal captured the X-Division title from Taiji Ishimori, he then surrenders the Grand title to Josh Matthews of all people

-Allie captured the Knockouts title from Laurel Van Ness

-Impact will be holding a new PPV this April that is neither Slammiversary or Bound For Glory. "Redemption" will be headlined by Alberto El Patron and Aries for the title

http://rajah.com/node/59810
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:10 AM   #15745
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Man, poor Paige, especially after just coming back. I wonder if she'll still have a role in the WWE, though...sorta like how Daniel Bryan is doing the whole general manager of Smackdown thing. Maybe Paige can root on Absolution or whatever.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #15747
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
EC3 has departed IMPACT Wrestling

http://rajah.com/node/59814
We knew this was coming and all, but I don't understand them letting EC3 go. He's one of the few guys that worked out really well for them and was considered a consistent bright spot during some of their darker years. With the roster as thin as it is, he'd be one of the guys to throw some money at, especially since he's a rare guy WWE didn't know what to do with that they made a star.

Now they've only really got El Patron (who's seemingly looking at retirement), Austin Aries, Lashley and guys on loan from AAA/LU like Johnny Mundo and Cage as far as bankable stars go. Of those, Aries is the only one left they made a star themselves, since they've let James Storm, Bobby Roode and now EC3 go in recent years. In a way they're practically starting over.

Quote:
I wonder if she'll still have a role in the WWE, though...sorta like how Daniel Bryan is doing the whole general manager of Smackdown thing.
They'll probably put her back in the Total Divas rotation, I'm thinking, and yeah, maybe make for a manager or something. At the least, she'll probably have a backstage role. She's got a contract, so they'll want to use her in some capacity.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #15748
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Lashleys contract is actually up too, as well as Eddie Edwards'

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:29 PM   #15749
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Lashleys contract is actually up too, as well as Eddie Edwards'
That's even worse. I've never thought much of Lashley, but Impact's put a lot of the last three or four years into the guy and making him one of their top wrestlers.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:37 PM   #15750
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
We knew this was coming and all, but I don't understand them letting EC3 go. He's one of the few guys that worked out really well for them and was considered a consistent bright spot during some of their darker years. With the roster as thin as it is, he'd be one of the guys to throw some money at, especially since he's a rare guy WWE didn't know what to do with that they made a star.

Now they've only really got El Patron (who's seemingly looking at retirement), Austin Aries, Lashley and guys on loan from AAA/LU like Johnny Mundo and Cage as far as bankable stars go. Of those, Aries is the only one left they made a star themselves, since they've let James Storm, Bobby Roode and now EC3 go in recent years. In a way they're practically starting over.

Ec3 has wanted to leave impact for a while.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:11 AM   #15751
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Ec3 has wanted to leave impact for a while.
I'd heard something to that effect, but nothing about why. Regardless, if it's me, I'd try throwing some money at him to see if I can't get him to stay, at least for another year or two. I know they're trying to cut money to stop the bleeding, but you still need some names to bring people in, especially when you're rebuilding, and it feels like they've let a lot of guys just walk without much of an effort to keep them the past couple years.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #15752
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler:
Well that "Josh Matthews: Grand Champion" nonsense did'nt last long, Aries unified the titles in the latest batch of tapings
Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #15753
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Goldberg Official For The 2018 WWE Hall of Fame
https://411mania.com/wrestling/goldb...wwe-hall-fame/

Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #15754
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Spoiler:
Well that "Josh Matthews: Grand Champion" nonsense did'nt last long, Aries unified the titles in the latest batch of tapings
Spoiler:
Oh man, they gave it to Josh Matthews? No wonder they're nixing it. That's a David Arquette on the scale of bad ideas. Though they were probably looking to nix it eventually anyway. From what I gathered from reports and B&W's of the shows, the format and the very idea never really worked in the context of scripted wrestling.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #15755
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Are those SPOILERS about WWE? I don't wanna read them if they are.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:54 PM   #15756
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Are those SPOILERS about WWE? I don't wanna read them if they are.
Nah they were from the recent IMPACT tapings.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #15757
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Nah they were from the recent IMPACT tapings.
WWE wishes they were this nuts.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #15758
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Chelsea Green aka LVN from Impact who is also Zack Ryder's Girlfriend is leaving impact also

https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/s...94783593041920
Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 PM   #15759
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/braun...e-raw-rampage/

It seems Braun Strowman is never going to stop doing amazing stuff and I love it. Give this man a title already. I want unstoppable champion Braun.

Special shout out to cake guy for surviving not just because he had delicious cake - hey, a monsters gotta keep his energy up between rampages, though the sugar crash could be killer - but because he remembered to play dead during viscous grizzly bear attacks.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:32 AM   #15760
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Apparently ECIII is now free from his Impact commitments and could be back in WWE soon. I wonder if they'd let him keep the Carter name though or force him to go back to Derrick Bateman.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling