The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #601
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Given that is coincides with recent movie premier dates... any chance the two week break is a mini version of the hiatus they took from the show all summer because of the movie? Or just coincidence that it happened when there's a bunch of premieres?

Given that some are among closer U.S. allies, was starting to wonder if whatever pea brained idea it was to halt the show has a relapse.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #602
RedOnYellow
Thug

Airing an episode Halloween night would have been suicide. Who knows why they skipped out the 24th though.
RedOnYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #603
JTH
"ME"

I brought this up on another site, so I'll just post it here too.

It's to gather the ratings as a sign of anything now, because the ratings are now pretty skewed with the fact that there are now 2 different airings which split the viewing audience between them.

Heck, I'll just copy the quote I made here:

There were 2 factors for the lowered ratings after Vengeance is Mine.

1. They released the episodes on Nick's website a week prior to the aired premiere, so many people saw them that way. *Which many of us already know*

2. The episodes aired on Friday Night & then on it's original time on Sunday morning. So now you have the viewers split across two separate airings, because say the Friday airing hit 1.3, then the Sunday airings (which tended to draw higher) drew a 1.5-1.6, we know those aren't all the same fans from Friday, probably 20% tops of that is the Friday Crowd.

So we'll do some math here: (OH BOY! MATH PROBLEMS ON A NINJA TURTLES FORUM! )

20% of the 1.6 is .32, that would represent the fans that see both airings. 1.6 - .32 = 1.28 (That's all the people that saw the Sunday airing for the first time.)

Add the 1.28 of new viewers from Sunday with the 1.3 that saw the Friday airing, that's 2.58. That's about the number they were pulling at the start of Season 2, so in that perspective, it's possible not that people stopped watching as much as the viewing audience got split between two different airings.
---
As far as the 20 episodes for Season 4, I think it's either because Season 4 may be a more stricter storyline so there may not be as many of the filler episodes, or they chose to shorten the season to take the money that would be used for the 6 extra episodes and invest it into making Season 4 look even better in visuals, details, or possible the money could be used to possibly slightly change some of the character designs like possibly making the Turtles, April, & Casey look a little older by Season 4, which would cost slightly more money to produce new character designs.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #604
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
I brought this up on another site, so I'll just post it here too.

It's to gather the ratings as a sign of anything now, because the ratings are now pretty skewed with the fact that there are now 2 different airings which split the viewing audience between them.

Heck, I'll just copy the quote I made here:

There were 2 factors for the lowered ratings after Vengeance is Mine.

1. They released the episodes on Nick's website a week prior to the aired premiere, so many people saw them that way. *Which many of us already know*

2. The episodes aired on Friday Night & then on it's original time on Sunday morning. So now you have the viewers split across two separate airings, because say the Friday airing hit 1.3, then the Sunday airings (which tended to draw higher) drew a 1.5-1.6, we know those aren't all the same fans from Friday, probably 20% tops of that is the Friday Crowd.

So we'll do some math here: (OH BOY! MATH PROBLEMS ON A NINJA TURTLES FORUM! )

20% of the 1.6 is .32, that would represent the fans that see both airings. 1.6 - .32 = 1.28 (That's all the people that saw the Sunday airing for the first time.)

Add the 1.28 of new viewers from Sunday with the 1.3 that saw the Friday airing, that's 2.58. That's about the number they were pulling at the start of Season 2, so in that perspective, it's possible not that people stopped watching as much as the viewing audience got split between two different airings.
---
As far as the 20 episodes for Season 4, I think it's either because Season 4 may be a more stricter storyline so there may not be as many of the filler episodes, or they chose to shorten the season to take the money that would be used for the 6 extra episodes and invest it into making Season 4 look even better in visuals, details, or possible the money could be used to possibly slightly change some of the character designs like possibly making the Turtles, April, & Casey look a little older by Season 4, which would cost slightly more money to produce new character designs.
That does make some sense and I hope you're right. It just really bugs me when they mess around with this property in such a weird way. It makes me feel like they don't even care and are trying to destroy it which would be stupid. I will say, the merchandising aspect is fantastic but the way the TV show is being handle, to me, is unsatisfying and questionable.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #605
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
As far as the 20 episodes for Season 4, I think it's either because Season 4 may be a more stricter storyline so there may not be as many of the filler episodes, or they chose to shorten the season to take the money that would be used for the 6 extra episodes and invest it into making Season 4 look even better in visuals, details, or possible the money could be used to possibly slightly change some of the character designs like possibly making the Turtles, April, & Casey look a little older by Season 4, which would cost slightly more money to produce new character designs.[/I]
Those are all good points, but the last one I'm thinking isn't because they want to make it 'better,' but because it will be the last season and the extra money will be to make the show go out with a bang.

Season 3 started in October, so with 20 episodes, Season 4 will likely end over the summer of 2016. I'm wondering if the execs are playing it safe and not letting the franchise get 'tapped out' by running it too long?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #606
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Last Friday's episode was the most watched episode this season with 1.7 million viewers.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-ra...ce-march-2014/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #607
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Last Friday's episode was the most watched episode this season with 1.7 million viewers.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-ra...ce-march-2014/
Cool. I wish 1.7 wasn't the biggest number this season though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #608
lindz247
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Cool. I wish 1.7 wasn't the biggest number this season though.
And Buried Secrets in second with 1.6? That can't be right.

Michelangelo ~ He's one of a kind
lindz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #609
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindz247 View Post
And Buried Secrets in second with 1.6? That can't be right.
Buried Secrets has been my favorite episode of the season. It's not a bad episode just if you don't like it. And it's been one of the most story-oriented episodes of season 3 and those draw more viewers.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #610
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

It's' odd how Nick keeps messing with the schedules of this series, same matter they did with Legend of Korra? I just hope they don't make these guy's choose between the staff or budget cuts next, that was a low blow, if they hate the show that's how they'll treat them
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #611
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The move to Sunday yielded an improvement in ratings. The highest of the season.

1.852 million viewers

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-11-2015.html
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #612
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
The move to Sunday yielded an improvement in ratings. The highest of the season.

1.852 million viewers

That's actually bad though.

The lower ratings contributed to two separate airings on both Friday Night & Sunday with about 1.6 a piece.

The Sunday only airing with a 1.8 means they lost nearly a million and a half viewers.

Last edited by JTH; 01-22-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #613
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

That to be expected. Many people are in their homes on sunday mornings and are watching tv while others day they have work or can be out at the time the episode airs. That will show Nickelodeon that they must leave it on Sunday mornings if they want it to get high ratings and change it again
Old 01-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #614
k_lala
Hench Mutant

I wish 4Kids kept better track of what its ratings were back in the day. It's hard to find those stats online.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:52 PM   #615
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

1.852 million viewers

I think a big part of that is because of the bitter cold temperatures (colder than average) that the American Midwest, South, and Northeast experienced after New Year's, and ending a few days ago.

Quote:
The South didn't miss out on the chill. The wintry chill plunged all the way to the Gulf Coast, sending low temperatures into the 20s as far south as New Orleans and San Antonio Thursday morning.

Temperatures in Atlanta dropped to 11 degrees on Thursday morning; the city squeaked just one degree above freezing that afternoon.

A trace of snow was even reported in Jacksonville, Florida and a record cold high temperature was tied with a high of only 40 degrees.

Subzero cold occurred as far south as the mountains of North Carolina and parts of central Missouri Thursday morning. The low reached 16 below zero atop Mount Mitchell in North Carolina; in Highlands, just north of the Georgia border, the mercury reached 4 below. Rolla, Missouri, about halfway between St. Louis and Springfield, dipped to 1 below zero.

The lowest temperature so far this season in Nashville had been 18 on Nov. 19. This has easily been beaten, with an official temperature of 4 degrees at 5 a.m. Thursday. Last Wednesday's high was only 27 in Nashville, and Thursday stayed below freezing as well, topping out at 30.

A third surge of bitter cold swept into the Upper Midwest Thursday night into Friday and into the Northeast Friday night and into Saturday.

Highs Saturday never got above 23 degrees in New York City on Saturday, rivaling the high of 21 recorded in the Big Apple on Thursday. The city was below freezing from Monday evening until Friday afternoon.

Chicago dipped to a low of 2 below zero on Saturday morning, making it the sixth day in a row with low temperatures zero degrees or lower.
http://www.weather.com/forecast/nati...east-southeast

At least Nickelodeon is taking advantage of the weather (since more kids will stay indoors) this time around unlike last year in not airing anything new in January during 2014's polar vortex.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #616
KrN
Thug

Vision Quest had 2.3 million viewers!

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-18-2015.html
KrN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #617
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrN View Post
Vision Quest had 2.3 million viewers!

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-18-2015.html
That big jump is awesome.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #618
CyberCubed
Overlord

They should have just left it on Sunday to begin with. The Friday night run was disastorous.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #619
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Glad to see it went back up into the 2 million range. I bet the string of fillers (while most were enjoyable) gave the show a bad name for a while and more fans are coming back now that it's found its focus again. Putting it on Sundays when people are less busy is also a plus.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #620
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They should have just left it on Sunday to begin with. The Friday night run was disastorous.
Your opinion is flawed and clueless as usual...

Tags
7 seasons at least, nick, ratings