Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #461
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
but if that happened, then cubed will feel...help me with a better word, un unique..
Cubed is the key, really. If he can use his troll powers for good and not evil, he could be herbacide for all the plants.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #462
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"Ninjatos" are FAKE swords made by Hollywood. There is no historical context for them, they're a HOAX.
This.

The only place a straight bladed ninjato belongs, are on the wall of a dudebro that call himself a "lethal weapon" after spending a year at a McDojo and bought a black belt.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #463
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
This.

The only place a straight bladed ninjato belongs, are on the wall of a dudebro that call himself a "lethal weapon" after spending a year at a McDojo and bought a black belt.
Any "school" that gives out a blackbelt after only one year should be ashamed of itself.

And so should the student; Amazon is much cheaper than a year's worth of "classes."
Old 04-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #464
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
As per my memory, pretty much every artist has drawn them straight, rather than curved. But yeah, they've always been called katana.
I've always taken them for what they've been called - katana - and chaulked up the actual design as just art style. (And cutting corners, and time, drawing straight lines over and over for every frame.)

Sometimes I feel like some people (not necessarily meaning you, ToTheNines) insist they aren't katanas, rather the fake Hollywood sword, just to try to take away some of Leo's coolness cred. Cripe, the guy is always 3rd in fave polls anyhow, what more do people want; respect the blades, man.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #465
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Anyone have pics of the tmnt shorts we got I think for SDCC last year?

I wonder if they were indeed sort of pilots for a new show.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #466
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Anyone have pics of the tmnt shorts we got I think for SDCC last year?

I wonder if they were indeed sort of pilots for a new show.
They weren't a test pilot for this show and you know they weren't. They were just fun one-off shorts.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:28 AM   #467
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They weren't a test pilot for this show and you know they weren't. They were just fun one-off shorts.
No of course they weren't... They just happened to pop up a little less than a year before they announced another reboot... Which will replace the current show right after it ends... And they also popped up two years after the ratings had stagnated... And they could have been made in the style of the current show but weren't...

I'm joking of course but we shouldn't dismiss the possibility.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-09-2017, 03:55 AM   #468
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I absolutely think the SDCC shorts had a secondary purpose to see which style and type of humor gains the most interest, especially since the new show is going to be 2D animated. I don't think we'll see a straight up adaptation of any of the shorts, or direct design style used, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw elements from the most popular shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Any "school" that gives out a blackbelt after only one year should be ashamed of itself.

And so should the student; Amazon is much cheaper than a year's worth of "classes."
That's the way of McDojos; "become a black belt in no time, honest".

The local Karate school had McDojo tendencies back in the 70's. They where a bunch of rowdy "black belts" jackwagons that made fun of the Ju-Jutsu school and went out on clubs on Saturday nights to stir fights... Only to get their own asses beaten.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #469
Vicky82
Emperor

Anyone want to apply for character designers for the new TMNT show

http://www.animationinsider.com/2017...urtles-reboot/

Old 04-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #470
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I've always taken them for what they've been called - katana - and chaulked up the actual design as just art style. (And cutting corners, and time, drawing straight lines over and over for every frame.)
This is basically how I feel about it. I know the ninjato is a Hollywood creation, but I don't usually feel the need to correct people when they use katana instead and consider the ninjato placeholders
Old 04-14-2017, 11:42 AM   #471
CyberCubed
Overlord

The more I think about, it's a real shame we're getting another new show so soon. The last thing I want for TMNT is constant reboots so close together. Really wish they'd wait until the 2020's until the next TMNT cartoon.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #472
ToTheNines
[sic]

You'll be here starting fights with anyone who has a discouraging word about it, guaranteed.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #473
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
You'll be here starting fights with anyone who has a discouraging word about it, guaranteed.
Depends what it's like. If it really is like Teen Titans Go, I'll probably not care for it, but I'll probably still watch it for the heck of it.

I don't defend Next Mutation or the Platinum Dunes movies, so if there is a bad TMNT iteration I don't care about it. I defend only the TMNT iterations that I like or are good.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #474
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

IDW still pumps out solid content. They have the more mature ongoing series, and then the Nick/Batman crossover which is a lot more competent than it probably deserves to be.

So I'm optimistic for a new show that is more structured and sensible than the Half Shell Heroes animation but isn't as Kill Splinter Every Season as the 2012 series is. I don't know, maybe the 2012 series doomed itself by including 2D animation sequences that were sometimes more interesting than the episode they were featured in...
Old 04-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #475
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
So I'm optimistic for a new show that is more structured and sensible than the Half Shell Heroes animation but isn't as Kill Splinter Every Season as the 2012 series is. I don't know, maybe the 2012 series doomed itself by including 2D animation sequences that were sometimes more interesting than the episode they were featured in...
The summary for the show says it will be more comedy focused and "lighthearted" so I wouldn't expect an action-oriented show if I were you. I wonder if this was done purposely because the Nick show was getting too dark at times (Splinter dying, Shredder dying, Tiger Claw losing an arm, some of the monster designs being rather scary/gross looking for kids, etc), so they want a more kid friendly series.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #476
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Absolutely. Unless the Turtles have nostrils.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #477
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
careful, THIS is where the mods usually decide to step in, for some reason when we stick up for our opinions ;o)
Old 04-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #478
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
IDW still pumps out solid content. They have the more mature ongoing series, and then the Nick/Batman crossover which is a lot more competent than it probably deserves to be.

the new show doomed itself by being all over the place.

anything they setup never paid off and it never had that grand epic feel they where obviously trying to go for. at times.. other times we got shellacne, or stupid pointless giant shredder monsters with a saki tongue coming out it's mouth for some odd reason....and..ugh. no wonder i never rewatch this series.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #479
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

The most recent season of 2012 is pretty solid to me only episode I didn't like was "End times" being that the pacing was a but rushed. On the one hand I like that the revive Shredder plot wasn't dragged through the whole season.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #480
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
The most recent season of 2012 is pretty solid to me only episode I didn't like was "End times" being that the pacing was a but rushed. On the one hand I like that the revive Shredder plot wasn't dragged through the whole season.
personally, i felt the space arc was the most solid. it felt more like tmnt than any of the other seasons did for some reason, and i still can't really pin down why.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters