The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #301
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Oop. I saw those. Didn't know they had anything to do with the game... So the title screen is just some art they pulled from something else? Lame.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #302
Powder
So tired of this place

They have nothing to do with the game, each is the gang's yearly Mirage nod print (because that homescreen image is not a tribute to the first turtles game, rather, the first turtle game used the second print cover of Vol. 1 issue 4). So yeah, they pulled it from elsewhere.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #303
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Yeah, it's because there is such a distance between save rooms where you end up losing turtles, all the enemies with lasers and the upside down part in between doesn't help either

Hey, if it helps check out the map of dimension x bellow it's also in the guide a page back. You should be able to find one turtle to help you out of there at least.

Spoiler:
Dimension X Map - It's R for Rescue http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/sc...78eb8.jpg.html
Thanks, dude! Those maps really helped me out! I just completed the game!

One interesting note that I'd like to make is that I didn't have the climbing claws until the very end. To make the jump up the elevator shaft in the TCRI building, I used an interesting mix of double jumping, dashing, and smoke bombs. I was able to get a couple upgrades with that method, too.

I'm sure that not having that upgrade (as well as a few Chi upgrades) probably made the game a lot harder than it needed to be.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #304
Powder
So tired of this place

I've got all the upgrades, yet I can't seem to beat Shredder!

Old 12-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #305
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Shredder's pretty tough. It took me a few tries and when I did it I depleted every Turtle's life to almost dead and used two extra pizzas.

Spoiler:
I used a lot of counters/parries throughout the fight and used Dakkentaijutsu to knock Shredder into the electrified doors and the electrified hanging steel beam when his new weapon wasn't working. Once I got toward the end, I was able to hit him at will and I took him out easy.

The worst thing he shoots are the yellow beams because you can't attack. However, if you switch Turtles at just the right moments, you can exploit the short moments of invincibility you have right after the switch. That should save you some damage.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #306
Powder
So tired of this place

Which move is the Dakkentaijutsu again? I forgot most of the stuff I was trained in the beginning & have regressed into a button masher.
That other stuff though, sounds like some grade A tips, thank you!

Old 12-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #307
Kendamu
Sewerhead

There's a manual on the main menu, but it's the Shellkicker. It's the thing you do at the end of a combo where you pick a direction and hit.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #308
raph27
Mad Scientist

All you guys are talking about Shredder and Dimension X and dashing and claws and I'm sitting here not being able to stay alive the first time you go into TCRI.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #309
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Thanks, dude! Those maps really helped me out! I just completed the game!

One interesting note that I'd like to make is that I didn't have the climbing claws until the very end. To make the jump up the elevator shaft in the TCRI building, I used an interesting mix of double jumping, dashing, and smoke bombs. I was able to get a couple upgrades with that method, too.

I'm sure that not having that upgrade (as well as a few Chi upgrades) probably made the game a lot harder than it needed to be.
No worries at all man! Happy to Help

Yeah, climbing claws make things a whole lot easier plus they're fun too.

Here's the another link to the guide bellow should be able to answer all your questions and help with 100% completion.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-danger-of-the-ooze/guide/

With Shredder, you have to use the right Shell Kicker in the right order (air dash and dash are your best friends -strike hard and fast then get out of there ASAP use ground chi on footbots if can't avoid), he is fairly easy when you know how providing you have at least one pizza and 4 turtles...just incase you get hit by the dragging snow flakes or the yellow beam

Spoiler:
1st - Into Electricity) Shell Kicker that ends with FORWARD
2nd - Up Into The Magnet) Shell Kicker that ends with UP
3rd - Through the Floor in either Corner) Shell Kicker that ends with DOWN

Last edited by LeoRaph; 12-03-2014 at 07:23 PM.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #310
bushido
Stone Warrior

Where is the thread for the previous tmnt game ?
Old 12-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #311
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Where is the thread for the previous tmnt game ?
This?
Or this?
Old 12-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #312
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The second link. Thanks bro.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #313
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Good News for Australian Fans for the 3DS! Amazon.co.uk have it in stock and can deliver here. I ordered it last week priority given it's so close to Christmas and it arrived the other day. I had to test it and it works no problems

There's a couple of Australian sellers on ebay who suddenly have it now but I wouldn't risk it guys.

Unfortunately, I should have trusted my gut from the guy I got it from on ebay. Somehow like several others who bought games from him in the last month my 3DS Version got lost in the post. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he refunded me but yeah I wouldn't risk buying from him again.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #314
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

Well, that's great news for the UK! ^_^ (Why does it take so long for them to get games? It's not like they need to translate them or anything... :\ )

I've been meaning to post this code since the internet has forgotten this game now. (Didn't take long.) I got it with my Casey Jones action figure. I got another code with my Heroes in Training, but it was the exact same one. If anyone happens to get any action figures with the "code inside" sticker on Christmas and willing to open them, please post your codes. There can't be just one code for the whole game. I thinking there's one for every Chi power.

ANYWAYS, the code!

Super Vanish
On the Title Screen, hold START then enter the following: RIGHT, LEFT, DOWN, UP, RIGHT, LEFT.

It's the Ninja Vanish move, but you don't expend any Chi when you use it and you don't need to learn the move before hand in game (meaning you can use it at the very beginning of the game).

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:40 AM   #315
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar_Red View Post
I've been meaning to post this code since the internet has forgotten this game now. (Didn't take long.) I got it with my Casey Jones action figure. I got another code with my Heroes in Training, but it was the exact same one. If anyone happens to get any action figures with the "code inside" sticker on Christmas and willing to open them, please post your codes. There can't be just one code for the whole game. I thinking there's one for every Chi power.

ANYWAYS, the code!

Super Vanish
On the Title Screen, hold START then enter the following: RIGHT, LEFT, DOWN, UP, RIGHT, LEFT.

It's the Ninja Vanish move, but you don't expend any Chi when you use it and you don't need to learn the move before hand in game (meaning you can use it at the very beginning of the game).
Cheers Gunstar_Red! I'll try that, much appreciated!

Hopefully, you could have the dash (although it's not a chi move) from the start with the ninja vanish THAT would be fun...Yeah, no surprise TMNT not getting love gaming wise. Hey, I remember seeing something about some other codes...I think. I'll see if I can hunt some down as well. I'm sure there's more.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #316
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

I think having the dash move at the beginning might break the game after you get the double jump. Then again, who cares if it does.

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:33 AM   #317
snake
Disgusting

Just got the game yesterday. Man is it challenging.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #318
Tora
Hench Mutant

Just picked this up last night. So far I'm impressed. Definitely challenging as I was expecting it to be more lower geared towards kids.
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #319
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier

It's only challenging because of its lack of checkpoints. Lost all the Turtles? Sorry, you have to restart from who knows where.
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:19 AM   #320
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

The difficulty is front-loaded, farther you get the harder to kill you become. The rescue mechanic is not my favorite, but it is at least unusual and can make for tense uphill fights at times early on.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote