The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #61
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Because she has a horrible taste in fashion?
*gasp* Lies and slander! Irma's fashion sense is impeccable. (The fact that my hair is also currently purple biases me not at all... )

Also mad props to Plastron, Bubbly, Darth and Metal for their comments - you guys rock.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #62
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Thanks, Penny. I'm in a relationship myself, but I don't want to get married or have kids because it's just not something I want to do or feel I need to do, and if my significant other can't respect that, then there's no sense in me being with someone like that. Luckily, he understands my reasoning and respects it, and that's all I ask. I just think it would be good for a woman to just stay single if she wants to. Nothing wrong with that.

Hmmm, maybe I'll write an original fiction that's devoid of romance. That would be something we've never seen before.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #63
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post

Hmmm, maybe I'll write an original fiction that's devoid of romance. That would be something we've never seen before.
That's what I do. I don't put my female characters in relationships nor make have them have babies, so it's awesome to have another female author that doesn't have her female characters check off the traditional boxes.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #64
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

Because Jones is secretly a nerd that is acting like a cool kid.
He actually lost his teeth being beat up by bullies. When his family moves to NYC he decided to act like some hardcore Hockey player but he is still a nerd at heart. He tries to go out with April cause she seems like a cool girl but he is in fact attracted to Irma. He likes her so much he cant stand being near her. He really, really wants Irma.
Sighphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #65
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
That's what I do. I don't put my female characters in relationships nor make have them have babies, so it's awesome to have another female author that doesn't have her female characters check off the traditional boxes.
I don't mind having my characters have romance if the situation calls for it, but I certainly handle it in a slow way. I'm definitely going to eventually write a fan fiction (TMNT of course) where the female protagonist isn't involved with any of the boys or Splinter and is just a friend of theirs. Not sure when I'll write it, but I'd like to just to show that not every female needs to be in a relationship.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #66
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Thanks, Penny. I'm in a relationship myself, but I don't want to get married or have kids because it's just not something I want to do or feel I need to do, and if my significant other can't respect that, then there's no sense in me being with someone like that. Luckily, he understands my reasoning and respects it, and that's all I ask. I just think it would be good for a woman to just stay single if she wants to. Nothing wrong with that.

You'll have to write something plot heavy with some adventure throw in.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casey jones, irma