See you all tomorrow!

TMNT ONGOING #31 - http://bit.ly/1hm02e3

Talk soon…

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's also previews for Utrom Empire and Nick animated adventures #8.

All in all looks to be a good month for TMNT comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Looking forward to this.
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior

http://redheadedmule.com/comics/ninj...ews-idw/10061/
Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

Oooo, I loved that scene between Raph and Alopex.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

It makes me a little upset... why do all the female characters have to be romantic interests, and why does Raph get a girlfriend and a best friend but we haven't even really seen his relationships with Don, Mikey and Splinter yet?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
It makes me a little upset... why do all the female characters have to be romantic interests, and why does Raph get a girlfriend and a best friend but we haven't even really seen his relationships with Don, Mikey and Splinter yet?
I really though Alopex would gravitate more towards Leo

Oh is Utrom Empire #2 still coming out tomorrow???
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:23 AM   #8
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Is it 100% confirmed that Raph and Alopex are going to be a couple? I really hope not I love this series a ton but if they're going to start shoving in random, pointless love interests I might have to drop it. It's fine if Alopex is an ally, but like you I really want to see the turtles interacting more with one another instead and I'm so sick of all this romance everywhere. Maybe I was just totally out of the loop, but I feel like before the 2k12 series the push for romance wasn't nearly as huge as it is now. Is that just me or did I just never notice it?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:32 AM   #9
Cipher
Foot Elite

Put me down for hoping things between Raph and Alopex stay platonic. Not that that scene on its own implies otherwise.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:15 AM   #10
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It makes me a little upset... why do all the female characters have to be romantic interests
???
Angel, Karai, Koya are not romantic interests. April wasn't a romantic interest for about one and a half year, and Alopex is might still not be one.
Besides, this is how it works in IRL. A female is usually a romantic interest of someone, so as a male, what is wrong with that?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:44 AM   #11
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
Is it 100% confirmed that Raph and Alopex are going to be a couple? I really hope not I love this series a ton but if they're going to start shoving in random, pointless love interests I might have to drop it. It's fine if Alopex is an ally, but like you I really want to see the turtles interacting more with one another instead and I'm so sick of all this romance everywhere. Maybe I was just totally out of the loop, but I feel like before the 2k12 series the push for romance wasn't nearly as huge as it is now. Is that just me or did I just never notice it?
It's there but just like Yoshi and Shen's relationship. Its in the background and only glanced upon. The impression I got from the Raph Alopex scene was that they are friends since both share a common history and are close to Leo who didn't give up on them.

Edit: just read the book its as I thought. Just friends who share a common history.

Last edited by Technogeek29; 02-26-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #12
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Put me down for hoping things between Raph and Alopex stay platonic. Not that that scene on its own implies otherwise.
same here. i do enjoy their new level of friendship, but that's all i hope it is, really close friends.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #13
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Besides, if it turns out that the Foot found out about the location of the turtles via some bug that was placed on Alopex, it might just poison their friendship, considering how much paranoid was Raph at the beginning.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #14
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Looks good man. Can not wait to read it!
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #15
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I really though Alopex would gravitate more towards Leo
She's only using Raph to get to Leo, but Leo still carries a torch for Karai.

This title is so steamy. It really harkens back to the days of Jack Kirby's Young Romance.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #16
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
No, not confirmed as far as I know. It just seemed super flirty. Anyway I'm going to pick up the book today and we'll see.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #17
Tazi
Mad Scientist

After reading this issue...
Spoiler:
So, I was somewhat right, Raph instantly jumped on Alopex, blaming her for the attack.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #18
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
It's there but just like Yoshi and Shen's relationship. Its in the background and only glanced upon. The impression I got from the Raph Alopex scene was that they are friends since both share a common history and are close to Leo who didn't give up on them.

Edit: just read the book its as I thought. Just friends who share a common history.
Well that's a super relief to hear I certainly don't mind Alopex hanging out with the guys, I really like her and it'd be nice if they had another mutant friend that popped in every once in awhile. But the whole romance angle really sullies it for me, and I do admit I can't help see her as a Ninjara type of character. So I'm glad things still seem based on friendship.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #19
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Pretty solid characterization. I was hoping for three issues instead of four but now I see the room needed for various focus. The suspense of the battle with Koya and gang is getting to me already. It looks like after Northampton's four issues we will get two one issues stories,first involving Hun as they return and the next invovling a certain new character.

Mr.Waltz,of all of the printed issues which one is your favorite? Its nice to know the turtles are treated with such care. I was afraid the turtles would not have a friend looking out for them post-sale.Glad I was wrong.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 02-26-2014 at 02:38 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #20
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Pretty solid characterization. I was hoping for three issues instead of four but now I see the room needed for various focus. The suspense of the battle with Koya and gang is getting to me already. It looks like after Northampton's four issues we will get two one issues stories,first involving Hun as they return and the next invovling a certain new character.

Mr.Waltz,of all of the printed issues which one is your favorite? Its nice to know the turtles are treated with such care. I was afraid the turtles would not have a friend looking out for them post-sale.Glad I was wrong.
Wow -- great question! I gotta say that #5 will probably always be very special to me, but #30 is right up there (the scene between Splinter/Tang Shen is one of my favorites, mostly because Ross and Ronda made it look so beautiful). Speaking of Ross and Ronda… they turn things up to eleven in issue #32, just wait and see. You'll gasp, you'll cheer, you'll laugh, you'll cry. It's all there in fantastic four-color goodness.

Y'know, sometimes it's easier to pick scenes than full issues, actually.

I love the Donnie/Fugitoid discussion during Krang War (Ben Bates killed on that), and the Splinter/Raph/Arnold Jones confrontation was absolutely made into everything I wanted it to be by Andy Kuhn. And, of course, I adore pretty much anything Mateus puts his pencil to (and, gang, if you think his work on City Fall was badass, you just wait… pages from issue #33 are already rolling in and, damn, they rule!).

Geez… so many things I've been happy with… and all because I've been so, so darn lucky to work with such talented artists and one superstar colorist.

Talk soon…

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tom waltz