The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Traditions/Rituals you follow

What sort of traditions, rituals do you follow? This is not necessarily a religious thread as rituals can also be non religious, having to do with family and culture etc and this is more about practices rather than beliefs.

Would be interesting In hearing your inputs.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Each Halloween I try to watch Trick'R'Treat.

I have a playlist of Christmas specials that I watch all day while getting hammered on eggnog on X-Mas day.

Regrouping with old friends and Seeing Twiztid in Toronto once a year has become somewhat of a tradition.

That's about it. Nothing special.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess just the usual family holiday stuff, not really anything big.

Unless you count little stuff... like how every night after turning the lights out in the computer room, on my way to bed, I lightly pat the fish tank and tell my fish good night and see her in the morning.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Just usual holiday stuff mostly.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Hmmm. I have to think about this, because for me tradition and ritual are two very different things, when maybe they really ought not to be. Though for some reason I prefer to think of them as routines.

It doesn't feel like the Winter Holidays for me if I don't watch "Love Actually" at least once. Or if I don't have a Christmas Tree in my living room.
Also, lasagna. There's always a Christmas Lasagna.

In the Spring I've taken to planting flowers.

Daily...do flossing, making my bed, and feeding the neighborhood birds count?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #6
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

The absolute first thing I do when I get home from anywhere is take my shoes off. Almost nothing is more important than relieving my feet of the hot discomfort known as shoes

It's somehow accidentally become tradition that once or more a year I play Digimon World and I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do for this year's playthrough. I livestreamed it a few years back and I got comments from people regarding things I'll need to do a whole new playthrough for and I think this time around I'll actually do those things, buuut that would require pre-planning a video game playthrough @.@
Old 06-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

None, really. Holidays to me are just days without any classes or work. I don't celebrate any of them.

Things I do every morning such as showering, brushing my teeth, etc. aren't exactly what I'd call "rituals".
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #8
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I'm not sure if this counts, but after a row of night shifts I treat myself to a hot dog stuffed crust New Yorker pizza.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #9
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Hmm where to start.... Holiday traditions for me include a ritual circle and meditation on Samhain (Halloween to most of you), Beltaine(aka Mayday/May 1st) and Yule/Solstice (around Christmas). At Yule I watch the 4Kids TMNT "Christmas Aliens" episode and try to watch White Christmas as well.

Regular or daily "rituals" for me include sitting down to use the wifi after work for a while, taking off shoes when I come home (and often a bubble bath too), and listening to music when I write. We also have a bedtime ritual of ALWAYS saying "I love you" and good night to each other when we turn in. Have only ever failed to say it about four times in almost 20 yrs!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

After I've done my grocery shopping for the week I always treat myself to a chocolate bar.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I wake up at six every morning, eat breakfast, get dressed and ready for the day, and then usually go online. Then I do the nerve stimulator with Dad usually after he gets his medicine which is usually about eight. After that, I just spend the day how I like unless we're going grocery shopping or something. Might watch something on TV if there's anything on during the day. We usually put Dad in the chair after I do the nerve stimulator on him and then we feed him lunch at twelve or twelve-thirty. He doesn't eat dinner unless he's hungry, but we do give him a snack if he asks for it and get him drinks throughout the day. Sometimes I work with him on flash cards to improve his speech and we always make sure to check when the baseball games are on so we can turn the channel for him.

Needless to say, we have developed a lot of rituals since Dad came home and they have worked pretty well.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #12
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I used to have a lil ritual I engaged in every day a little after 4
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I used to have a lil ritual I engaged in every day a little after 4
Your signature says it all
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #14
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm descended from fortune hunters and outcasts, so my family does not have strong cultural roots, but we've created our own traditions. About a month out form Christmas every year, my mother's side of the extended family gather and make a Christmas pudding from a recipe my grandmother (the family matriarch) adopted and refined over the years. We take turns stirring old coins into the mixture - they have to be pre-metric as modern Australian coins are made of alloys that you probably don't want in your food.

The day before, my grandmother would make a version of Cornish pasties that she called 'footlongs', and Johnny Cake, and we'd eat them for lunch on pudding stirring day. She sadly died about ten years ago, but the tradition lives on. The pudding is then cooked and hung for a few weeks, and consumed after Christmas lunch. The coins are collected, cleaned and stored for the next year.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #15
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I'm descended from fortune hunters and outcasts, so my family does not have strong cultural roots, but we've created our own traditions. About a month out form Christmas every year, my mother's side of the extended family gather and make a Christmas pudding from a recipe my grandmother (the family matriarch) adopted and refined over the years. We take turns stirring old coins into the mixture - they have to be pre-metric as modern Australian coins are made of alloys that you probably don't want in your food.

The day before, my grandmother would make a version of Cornish pasties that she called 'footlongs', and Johnny Cake, and we'd eat them for lunch on pudding stirring day. She sadly died about ten years ago, but the tradition lives on. The pudding is then cooked and hung for a few weeks, and consumed after Christmas lunch. The coins are collected, cleaned and stored for the next year.
Those traditions sound lovely.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:45 PM   #16
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Up until last year, Mr Duckie and I used to have a tradition that my mom and I started when I was 12 or so, and which I continued with him after we got together. At least once each year, usually on the weekend of Memorial Day (it's the closest to our anniversary date) we would go to the Scarborough Renaissance Faire as an anniversary "trip". It's a couple of hours from where we currently live and in the past we were even closer. We made a full day of it- open to close- and went to our favorite shows and strolled around the vendors. We usually spent much of the day hanging around a few of our favorite shops and performers, and listened to the musicians scattered about the Faire. Sadly he is no longer able to see or get around well enough to make the trip fun. We tried it last year but he had to be pushed around in a wheelchair and had so much trouble seeing anything that it wound up not being worth it. But it was a great tradition while it lasted and we even had a vow renewal there!

Old 06-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #17
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I watch every WWE pay-per-view with one of my best friends and we also watch every E3 conference every year with our other best friends.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #18
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I will make a wish at 2:22pm since that's the time I was born and I feel it brings me good luck to do that.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #19
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

There is one spiritual/religious ritual of sorts that I practice every year in spring, usually on or around Beltaine(May 1st). I go outdoors at some point, often several times over three or four weeks around that time, and do something to renew my connection to nature and the web of life. It can be almost anything- like going out in a storm to feel the rain on my face, walking a route home from work that takes me past a more natural setting to enjoy the closeness of nature, stopping at one of my favorite rest spots to sit and meditate and listen to the birds, or going out into a field of wildflowers and picking a bouquet to bring home and place in a vase in my kitchen (bring the outdoors indoors). It helps me reconnect with the beauty and wonderous variety of nature and the cycle of renewal and rebirth that comes with spring. It is my favorite season and Beltaine is a personally important holiday for me because I first converted to Wicca just a couple of weeks before that holiday, making it the first pagan holiday I ever celebrated.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

I watch We Wish You A Turtles Christmas every year on Xmas. I'm sure I have some others but that's all that comes to mind right now.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote