The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #2881
Ninjinister
無問題

So Microsoft is officially shuttering the ability to obtain games on the ol' 360's Indie service today.

Are there any games that y'alls really loved? Anything that stuck with you, or maybe just something that you enjoyed despite being terrible AF?

The Xbox Live Indie Games program actually got me a job, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. I really liked Battle High: Elemental Revolt and when I found out they were working on a sequel, I pitched voice acting for it and wound up not only voicing 3 characters and the announcer, but also cast the actors for the rest of the launch roster.

I also first bought Wizorb on the 360. I love me some Breakout clones and this is by and far one of the better ones out there. Since then I've also bought it on PSP and OUYA.

I also really like Chu's Dynasty but the roster was way too tiny. I'm disappointed the devs never ended up expanding the game.

Oh! And Streets of Fury! An incredibly cheeseball brawler with digitized graphics that's nevertheless loads of fun. With skill and/or luck you can rack up INSANE combos!
Old 04-20-2022, 07:52 PM   #2882
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'll confess I have an odd annoyance with XBOX Marketplace... the gender-specific "fits" of various avatar costumes which lock your avatar into only being able to buy certain costumes and the opposite gender sets disappear entirely from your marketplace interface. I mean... what's the point, really?

I was a huge latecomer to anything XBOX, and I didn't even own a 360 console until around 2017, so I missed out of the marketplace's heyday when Microsoft was trying so hard to 1-up Nintendo's Mii-verse. I don't even recall if I was asked about "Gender" preference when I set up my Xbox avatar, I just used the male body-type and tried to make the little goober look as much like me as possible.

I kinda like some of the Dragon's Lair sets that are offered, and I'd actually like to purchase both the Dirk the Daring and Princess Daphne costumes, just so I could pretend I'm using one of those characters are my avatar from time to time. Unfortunately, Xbox believes I should only be able to dress my digital mascot up as Dirk (or the Black Knight). Not only am I not permitted to put a female "fit" costume on a male-bodied avatar, but I don't even get the option to buy it from the digital store. Again, why is it such a big deal?

I am able to create alternate profiles on my system, which I have simply named "Player 2 - Player 4" at present. I currently have them dressed up as the Scooby-Doo gang's Shaggy, Velma, and Daphne. I don't really have much opportunity to do local multi-player games, so I don't use them much, but I think I should be able to have that option. Even though I can log-in as one of those stand-in avatars, I'm not permitted to complete purchases in the avatar marketplace, so even their appearances have to be fairly limited.

Kinda surprised the leftists didn't rip into Microsoft for being so traditionally minded in their strict binary gender philosophy, but I guess it just shows how far western society has gone into progressivism since the heyday of the 360's online service. My annoyance has anything to do with that. I just like having options, and it's one of those rare deals when a game company refuses to take my money for what should be a cheap and easy digital transaction which would cost it nothing.

Rant over.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:59 PM   #2883
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Had an issue where suddenly my XBox 360 profile, and apparently it affected a lot of people. Thankfully it was finally fixed and I was able to regain my profile and claim the free game I didn't have the chance to download before that mess happened.

I got a couple of older games to check out I just downloaded but never played.

Been having some fun with Torchlight lately.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:01 PM   #2884
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Had an issue where suddenly my XBox 360 profile, and apparently it affected a lot of people. Thankfully it was finally fixed and I was able to regain my profile and claim the free game I didn't have the chance to download before that mess happened.

I got a couple of older games to check out I just downloaded but never played.

Been having some fun with Torchlight lately.
When did this happen? I have purchased a few games on the Microsoft website that do not even show up on my console's download que. Seems like unless I purchase a game directly from the store on my console, I run into this problem a lot recently. And there are some games that I can't find listed. It's kinda funny when you search for "games" Microsoft will give you every possible hit from their Moves & TV service too.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:41 AM   #2885
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
When did this happen? I have purchased a few games on the Microsoft website that do not even show up on my console's download que. Seems like unless I purchase a game directly from the store on my console, I run into this problem a lot recently. And there are some games that I can't find listed. It's kinda funny when you search for "games" Microsoft will give you every possible hit from their Moves & TV service too.
Sometime last month, but I guess it was happening a little before then. I was out of the loop and decided to turn on the ol 360 and ran into that mess.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microsoft, xbox