The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 05:23 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Loud House Creator Chris Savino Suspended After Harrasment Claims

He also threatened to blacklist anyone who broke up with him after a consensual realtionship

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-ri...ve-154068.html
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Wonder what this will do for the series itself.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Wow, that guy sounds like a winner.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I've heard of him before, but I never knew this guy had a comic strip about cartoon cat incest:

4Chan is clearly the place to go when stories like this break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #5
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Wow, that guy sounds like a winner.
What do you mean?

-----------------------------------------------

Jeez, this whole thing is just ... hurting me.

I know that society's corrupted, but still. All of these allegations/crimes shook/shock me to the core.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
What do you mean?

-----------------------------------------------

Jeez, this whole thing is just ... hurting me.

I know that society's corrupted, but still. All of these allegations/crimes shook/shock me to the core.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Wonder what this will do for the series itself.
I'm worried about the victims/innocent people involved. I can't imagine what they're going through. It must be painful.

I wish them well.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
It was like this for the whole history of human civilization.
Welcome to real world.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well he's a real piece of work. The harassment is bad enough, but to harm someone's career or threaten it as well?? WOW. WTF.

I hope his own is over, it's time for him to move on.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

You have to be careful with 4chan as they can get a lot of content out of context to go along with their witch chase which might just be to ruin someones life.

In fact this story broke on 4chan earlier this year from a person trying to dispel rumors of someone from Disney that 4chan wanted to label as a creep and he mentioned there were real bad guys in the industry like savino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I've heard of him before, but I never knew this guy had a comic strip about cartoon cat incest:

https://memestatic.fjcdn.com/picture...05_6214223.jpg

4Chan is clearly the place to go when stories like this break.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #11
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I am disturbed by how easy it is for the corporate entities involved to come out of these situations with clean hands. They rightly blame the individuals involved, but stop short of taking any responsibility for the environment they have cultivated. Nick will cut this guy loose and release a statement condemning his behaviour and making some vague value statements, but they probably won’t admit to the failure of their HR department, or management to make it clear that employees and contractors cannot act this way.

HR is just to be an arm of finance these days. Their primary responsibility seems to be saving money; squeezing as much work as possible out of as few employees as they can get away with, and being reactive when they catch a whiff of bad PR.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #12
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I am disturbed by how easy it is for the corporate entities involved to come out of these situations with clean hands. They rightly blame the individuals involved, but stop short of taking any responsibility for the environment they have cultivated. Nick will cut this guy loose and release a statement condemning his behaviour and making some vague value statements, but they probably won’t admit to the failure of their HR department, or management to make it clear that employees and contractors cannot act this way.

HR is just to be an arm of finance these days. Their primary responsibility seems to be saving money; squeezing as much work as possible out of as few employees as they can get away with, and being reactive when they catch a whiff of bad PR.
I agree. Employers need to create a better working environment for all employees.

In other words, they need to accommodate them.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:04 AM   #13
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I have to put this disclaimer in and then I will respond: sexual harassment is gross and I do not think it’s ok. I have been through it. Most women have. Not condoning.

Ok, now that that is out of the way, what exactly do you think a business should do to accommodate its employees? What if one employee wants a special accommodation that causes a hardship for another one? A perfect non-threatening example from my office is the air conditioning. A couple if the ladies asked that the temperature be raised because they were cold. Changing the temperature in the office is a convoluted process that involves forms, but they got it done. Everyone else in the building is now uncomfortable and hot so that the building services folks could accommodate these two ladies. Is that ok? I want to not be burning up all the time. Why can’t they wear a sweater or have a lap blanket? Are their feelings more valid than everyone else’s?

It’s really easy to just say everyone should always be made to feel super safe and fuzzy all the time, but in real world practice, it’s impossible.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #14
plastroncafe

Is Your Thermostat Sexist?

Quote:
It begins, quite literally, with a man in a business suit. In 1966, the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ashrae) created Standard 55, a set of guidelines for indoor climate regulation. The standard, which has been updated periodically over the decades, relies in particular on a pair of numbers. The first number is known as the metabolic equivalent of task (met) and expresses the energy cost of a given physical activity—operating a cash register, for instance. It was originally derived from studies of a forty-year-old, hundred-and-fifty-four-pound man. At rest, this Adam of metabolic equivalency expended 1.0 met. The second essential number quantifies the thermal insulation of clothing according to something called the clo scale. A men’s business suit, plus the usual undergarments, footwear, and accessories, registers a 1.0 on that scale. In designing and operating a building’s climate systems, engineers and facilities managers are meant to consider how active workers will be and how they are likely to dress. An auto-repair shop, for example, where technicians wear coveralls and lug around exhaust manifolds (high clo, high met), requires more cooling and ventilation than a surf shop, where clerks stand around in board shorts and flip-flops (low clo, low met).

What if you’re not a forty-year-old, hundred-and-fifty-four-pound man in a business suit? What if you’re a woman? According to a study that appears Monday in the journal Nature Climate Change, you’re probably cold. For the study, Boris Kingma and Wouter van Marken Lichtenbelt, a pair of researchers at Maastricht University, in the Netherlands, asked sixteen young women to enter a climate chamber one by one. Each of the participants wore underwear, sport socks, a cotton T-shirt, and cotton-polyester sweatpants, for a grand total of about 0.58 on the clo scale. (They also wore fourteen coin-sized wireless skin-temperature sensors.) This outfit, Kingma told me, was not meant to simulate what a woman might wear to work, although a typical summer office getup—say, a lightweight blouse and pants—is even less insulating. The women sat behind a desk in a standard office chair (add another 0.10 clo of gluteal insulation) as the chamber fluctuated between warm and cool. They were asked to indicate at various points how comfortable they felt, from -3 (cold) to +3 (hot) on the ashrae scale.
I post this because I find it interesting, and yes I'm well aware that the title is more than a bit clickbaity.

There is no way to make everyone happy, but there's usually a way to make a lot of people comfortable.

I would be curious to know what the dress code at your place of employment is. Because one way to help with this situation would be allowing people who are too warm to augment what they wear to work.

Surely a dude in a wool suit is going to be able to handle a far cooler temperature than a woman who is required to wear a dress to work.

And sometimes being cold isn't just a matter of putting a blanket on your lap.
My previous office building had an air conditioner that Reddit 55 degrees all year round. And because I sat next to it I was always 55 degrees all year round.

In the summer it was easy to manage I would open the window and let the air conditioning go outside.
But in the winter I had gloves a hat and a scarf on at my desk.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #15
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
It’s really easy to just say everyone should always be made to feel super safe and fuzzy all the time, but in real world practice, it’s impossible.
In normal environment people should be able to find some kind of consensus, like an adult thinking people.
I agree, you can not make everyone comfortable and feel good at the same time, some people will be left unsatisfied and for those there are 2 options: leave or tolerate.

Of course, it does not pertain to the cases of harassment - those should never be tolerated.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd never be the sort to file a complaint or try to change the temperature, I'd just dress warmer or keep a sweater at work. Although cool is one thing, and manageable, but too cold sucks though. I'd still never try to make the place accommodate me, but if it was computer work or something else very hands on and detailed and gloves just aren't possible (which sounds absurd anyhow)...always trying to do it with cold, stiff hands would be both uncomfortable, and for so many hours a week, and affect my productivity.

Anyway... I feel for Nick, but if anything of this was known for a long time but ignored, then I hope anyone accountable to that is held to it. When reaching for dreams jobs, such as working at Nick and its animation studios, etc., no one should ever have to worry about, nor even think about, this kind of crap affecting their work environment, job opportunities, or career advances should they accept a position there! If they don't ditch him for good, it could be a loss of some future talented employees/artists they could have had.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

With all the sexual harassment claims going around the industry, be thankful that non of it has ever happened during the production of any TMNT series.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #18
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

This image seems to taken a darker turn in hindsight
Old 10-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #19
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Is Your Thermostat Sexist?

I post this because I find it interesting, and yes I'm well aware that the title is more than a bit clickbaity.

There is no way to make everyone happy, but there's usually a way to make a lot of people comfortable.

I would be curious to know what the dress code at your place of employment is. Because one way to help with this situation would be allowing people who are too warm to augment what they wear to work.

Surely a dude in a wool suit is going to be able to handle a far cooler temperature than a woman who is required to wear a dress to work.

And sometimes being cold isn't just a matter of putting a blanket on your lap.
My previous office building had an air conditioner that Reddit 55 degrees all year round. And because I sat next to it I was always 55 degrees all year round.

In the summer it was easy to manage I would open the window and let the air conditioning go outside.
But in the winter I had gloves a hat and a scarf on at my desk.
We have a pretty liberal dress code for a bank because we are not customer facing, but tank tops and sleeveless are not allowed and skirts and bottoms must be no higher than mid- calf. But denim and stuff like that is ok. Our windows don’t open and we are on the west side of the building, so after 1:00 or so we als get direct sun into the office. It’s miserable. Also this is Alabama. It is routinely over 100 F in the summer here.

Problem is, you can put more clothes on. Can’t take more off after a cerrian point. Temp in the office was 72. Now is 78. No one but these two complained at 72.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #20
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
We have a pretty liberal dress code for a bank because we are not customer facing, but tank tops and sleeveless are not allowed and skirts and bottoms must be no higher than mid- calf. But denim and stuff like that is ok. Our windows don’t open and we are on the west side of the building, so after 1:00 or so we als get direct sun into the office. It’s miserable. Also this is Alabama. It is routinely over 100 F in the summer here.

Problem is, you can put more clothes on. Can’t take more off after a cerrian point. Temp in the office was 72. Now is 78. No one but these two complained at 72.
78?! Holy crap!
Okay, I realize that being from New England had acclimated me to a weird set of temperature norms, but that's way to effing hot for inside of a building.

I can see going from 72 to 75, but 78?
Oh HELL no.
Quote:
Quote: