The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #2161
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

https://news.toyark.com/2018/07/18/s...nd-more-307105
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:17 AM   #2162
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

On the fence on these since they are made by Mondo for starters and secondly, I like the NECA ones better. However, that Casey is insane and love the Shredder clone.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #2163
brockotter
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
On the fence on these since they are made by Mondo for starters
What the heck does this mean?
brockotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:24 AM   #2164
donatello_tmnt
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
The turtles had poor QC, bad articulation, and were overpriced, so he's a little hesitant to trust you guys again.
donatello_tmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:34 AM   #2165
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Dayum! That is some good looking Foot and Casey, and MOTU. That Skeletor is amazing.

Love the little clone Shredder
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #2166
Donnie
Something from the Past

They look great. Spot-on Mirage figures. I'm still baffled that we are getting an Elite Guard before Splinter, though.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #2167
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I am seriously looking forward to these, especially Shredder and the Elite Guard, but I'm sure I'll snag Casey as well. Pretty exciting!
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #2168
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Wow these look awesome
I'm in!!

Wish the price point wasn't so high but oh well
Old 07-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #2169
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
On the fence on these since they are made by Mondo for starters and secondly, I like the NECA ones better. However, that Casey is insane and love the Shredder clone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatello_tmnt View Post
The turtles had poor QC, bad articulation, and were overpriced, so he's a little hesitant to trust you guys again.
well i love my Mondo set. im all in for Shredder, im drooling over him right now. cant wait, nice work Brock
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #2170
Antnee13420
Random Punk

These are cool but when I first saw all I could think was since when does neca make 1/6 they look just like the neca ones minus Casey
Antnee13420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #2171
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
When do we get official pics Brock?

GIMMIE GIMMIE!

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #2172
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
They look great. Spot-on Mirage figures. I'm still baffled that we are getting an Elite Guard before Splinter, though.
It's because they can use the same base body for Casey, Shredder and both styles of Foot Ninjas. So like the turtles they just need to give them different head sculpts, accessories and (this time) clothes. It makes it easier to justify the costs of production as the body cost is split between 4 figures. Splinter would be 100% unique sculpt so his production costs would be a lot higher.

Not saying we won't see him eventually, just that Mondo would have to be sure the support for the line is there enough to support the figure.

Gotta admit these look very nice. Honestly, I want them all but I don't have the same amount of space or disposable income I did back when I got the Turtles. I still think Shredder is a must, but the others I guess I'll have to see how things look when they go up for pre-order.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #2173
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's because they can use the same base body for Casey, Shredder and both styles of Foot Ninjas. So like the turtles they just need to give them different head sculpts, accessories and (this time) clothes. It makes it easier to justify the costs of production as the body cost is split between 4 figures. Splinter would be 100% unique sculpt so his production costs would be a lot higher.

Not saying we won't see him eventually, just that Mondo would have to be sure the support for the line is there enough to support the figure.

Gotta admit these look very nice. Honestly, I want them all but I don't have the same amount of space or disposable income I did back when I got the Turtles. I still think Shredder is a must, but the others I guess I'll have to see how things look when they go up for pre-order.
Exactly this. At this point I am running out of room for turtles without looking like a TGI Fridays in here. I have so many 1/6th and 1/4 scale additions lately that you just cant display them all. Then they are all so amazing putting them away feels like doing them an injustice. Not to mention all the other stuff I have displayed.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #2174
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well that makes sense.

I only have Michelangelo (exclusive edition ) and I think the only other figure I would get is either Shredder or Splinter (if they make him eventually). I love the figures, it's just money is tight at the moment.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #2175
chrisr291
Random Punk

I'm going to buy everything but can SOMEONE (NECA, MONDO, Playmates?) make a decent Splinter? I can't believe we still don't have one...
chrisr291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:42 PM   #2176
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr291 View Post
i'm going to buy everything but can someone (neca, mondo, playmates?) make a decent splinter? I can't believe we still don't have one...
here here

preach brother

Old 07-20-2018, 12:58 AM   #2177
cloud
Stone Warrior

As long as Mondo has learned their lesson and keeping these at $125 like the Batman and Mr Freeze. I can see these figure performing rather well.
He-man stuff on the other hand is placed at a higher price. Dont understand why why risk it with higher price point.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:16 AM   #2178
Otter
Stone Warrior

Okay, so I'd passed on Mondo's turtles in the past because a) I missed the exclusive version (par for the course in my Mondo experience) of the First Turtle, and b) I felt they were crazy expensive.

But now, seeing the Casey reveal, I'm in. Ordered Raph, and am seriously contemplating the other three.

How do we pass feedback/suggestions onto Mondo? I feel like Casey would really benefit from the midriff-revealing shirt, and a drawstring on his pants. Mirage first-appearance style!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #2179
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatello_tmnt View Post
Heard the Iron Giant figure was fine, but yeah, the various reviews of the 4 turtles put me off the line. The MOTU figs look really nice, but I'm definitely waiting for multiple reviews before even considering a purchase. At $150-200 a pop, I don't want to have to beta test a figure for a company, unless there's a proven record.

Last edited by predaking000; 07-23-2018 at 06:35 PM.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:55 AM   #2180
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
Heard the Iron Giant figure was fine, but yeah, the various reviews of the 4 turtles put me off the line.
Any chance the later production runs had better quality control? I've read that Leo was pretty bad, but he's the next one I'm keen to pick up. And given he's still available, I figure it's got to be a later run. Or was there only the one production run?
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt