The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 02:22 AM   #1
TobeyP
Random Punk

Third Party Clothed Power Rangers Figures

Recently I've seen new figures of power rangers that are part of the 1/6 range that are clothed. There are two from companies Ace Toyz and FiguReborn. I was wondering what ones you thought were better quality. I think I might look at the Ace Toyz.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:08 AM   #2
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobeyP View Post
Recently I've seen new figures of power rangers that are part of the 1/6 range that are clothed. There are two from companies Ace Toyz and FiguReborn. I was wondering what ones you thought were better quality. I think I might look at the Ace Toyz.
From what I know the FiguReborn Power Rangers are 1/9th scale figures (around 9.5" tall) and only have Red Ranger available right now. He comes with six hands, his power sword, and blade blaster (in all three forms: holster mode, blade mode, and blaster mode). The exclusive thing that comes with this figure as compared to Ace Toyz is the blade blaster in blade mode. Ace Toyz's version doesn't come with that. And it looks like FiguReborn plan to release Black, Pink, Blue, and Yellow Rangers as well.

Ace Toyz Power Rangers are 1/6th scale figures (around 12" tall) and have Red, Black, Pink, Blue, and Yellow Rangers available right now. They all come with six hands, their signature weapons, and blade blaster (in two forms: holster mode and blaster mode). The exclusive thing that comes with these figures is, if you buy all five rangers in a bundle deal, they come with the additional power blaster weapon of all five of their weapons combined which is an entirely separate bonus piece. I don't know how easy this deal is to get now that they've already been released.

In addition Ace Toyz also has Green Ranger and White Ranger available for pre-order right now too. A few people have gotten their Green Rangers in but more are on the way or maybe delayed because of the corona virus. Green Ranger comes with six hands, the dragon dagger, and the sword of darkness. White Ranger comes with six hands and Saba. Ace Toyz also has teased that they are making a Lord Drakkon figure as well.

Personally from looking at both FiguReborn and Ace Toyz, I think Ace Toyz figures look better. I noticed in the costumes I really preferred the Ace Toyz versions for sure. I thought that in the smaller scale of FiguReborn that the stitching on the costume looked a little too big especially on a smaller scale figure and that bothered me when looking at them by comparison.

I also preferred Jason's helmet by Ace Toyz when compared to FiguReborn. I don't know if any of the helmets are perfect on any figure so far. It really depends on how nerdy or specific you are as a fan. But for third party releases I think Ace Toyz are very well done overall. I'll have to wait for the finished product but the White Ranger might be the most accurate figure. I hope that information helped.