The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015, 03:27 AM   #2441
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
As I said it's still a Bay movie
Damn I hope the sequel won't work so we can have later a true reboot of the TMNT series. The 1990 film is so great and will never be replaced by these awful movies.
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #2442
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by letscook89 View Post
As I said it's still a Bay movie
Damn I hope the sequel won't work so we can have later a true reboot of the TMNT series. The 1990 film is so great and will never be replaced by these awful movies.
I wholeheartedly agree with your points of view, my man..
marcelangelo is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #2443
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
You know, if they were going to copy Bay, I would've preferred if Bay had directed it himself. Liebesman has the creative talent of a rock, while Bay has the creative talent of a... let's say a shiny rock. Either way, both are awful directors, but I'd rather see a director's actual style than plagiarized style.

I hope they have Dave Green giving the movie his own feel. This thing is still GOING to feel like a Bay movie, but maybe Green can also mix in his own film style to it. Poor guy: it's his second movie, and he's about to have his career ruined. Like, literally everyone knows this movie is going to be bad. Everyone knew the other movie was going to be bad. Remember when Jonathan, Andrew, and Brad walked out last year in Comic Con, and basically no one clapped?

And then they go, "WE GOT THE BLESSING FROM KEVIN EASTMAN." 1. Eastman says that because he's doing the IDW comics. So, the longer TMNT stays popular (Aka, ticket sales), the better chance he has at being able to continue the comics. Plus, at that point, he probably signed something that said, "Shut up and you won't be sued." 2. When Laird saw the Turtles, he basically said, "What the hell did they do to my creations?!"

Last edited by Foombamaroom; 07-20-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #2444
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Yeah I agree with you Leo, but the producers don't care about Green, for them he's just a puppet. Jonathan Liebesman is the wort director I've ever seen, it's unbelievable how bad his work is. The only persons who care a little bit about the turtles are the actors who play them. Too sad they think they're doing a "good movie".

Oh yea I'm sure Peter Laird felt totally raped when he watched this movie.
The worst concern the people who defend the 2014 movie. All they have to say is : "It's a TMNT movie, what did you expect ?"
I answer this : "Hmm maybe a TMNT movie ?"
or they say this : "It's a kid movie, what did you expect ?"
I answer this : "My god you fools ! The toy story series is supposed to be for kids and it's one of the most touching masterpiece I've ever seen in my whole life!" Kids aren't stupid but producers think they are...

Last edited by letscook89; 07-20-2015 at 08:04 AM.
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #2445
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I think I'd be much more happy if the producers just made an interview and said, "Hey, let's be honest here, we're just using this as a cash cow. This movie ISN'T going to be good, it's just going to be an action movie which kids will go see." instead of trying to play it off as a masterpiece that's so respectful to the original.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #2446
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I think I'd be much more happy if the producers just made an interview and said, "Hey, let's be honest here, we're just using this as a cash cow. This movie ISN'T going to be good, it's just going to be an action movie which kids will go see." instead of trying to play it off as a masterpiece that's so respectful to the original.
That's why you don't work in Marketing.

Marketing sells sh!t and promises you that it's actually an expensive herbal mud facial.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #2447
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Ha ha ha exactly man
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #2448
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
"Do you want to see 90 minutes of complete and utter horse ****? Well, how about you sit down, grab some popcorn, and watch Corporate Cashgrab Reboot Turtles! Or, as we at Platinum Dunes like to call it, April O'Neil: THE MOVIE! Join Megan Fox as... Megan O'Neil? April O'Fox? We don't even know anymore... Join her as she... gets fired from her job. VERY INTERESTING. See her coworker sexually harass her, and watch her be so oblivious to it! Join April as she meets Eric Sachs, who shares her background, which has more coincidental connections to than The Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, yeah, and she meets those other guys. They're in the movie, too... Kinda."
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #2449
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 11,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
"Do you want to see 90 minutes of complete and utter horse ****? Well, how about you sit down, grab some popcorn, and watch Corporate Cashgrab Reboot Turtles! Or, as we at Platinum Dunes like to call it, April O'Neil: THE MOVIE! Join Megan Fox as... Megan O'Neil? April O'Fox? We don't even know anymore... Join her as she... gets fired from her job. VERY INTERESTING. See her coworker sexually harass her, and watch her be so oblivious to it! Join April as she meets Eric Sachs, who shares her background, which has more coincidental connections to than The Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, yeah, and she meets those other guys. They're in the movie, too... Kinda."
You got that right off the back of the DVD/Blu-ray, didn't you. Well, maybe a bootleg copy.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #2450
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Ha ha ha nice, but you forgot : "Wanna see a nightmare-version-of-shrek-turtle who wants to get laid with a human girl who is supposed to be apart of his family ?"
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #2451
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
"Do you want to see 90 minutes of complete and utter horse ****? Well, how about you sit down, grab some popcorn, and watch Corporate Cashgrab Reboot Turtles! Or, as we at Platinum Dunes like to call it, April O'Neil: THE MOVIE! Join Megan Fox as... Megan O'Neil? April O'Fox? We don't even know anymore... Join her as she... gets fired from her job. VERY INTERESTING. See her coworker sexually harass her, and watch her be so oblivious to it! Join April as she meets Eric Sachs, who shares her background, which has more coincidental connections to than The Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, yeah, and she meets those other guys. They're in the movie, too... Kinda."
Now read this in the voice of the Honest Trailers Guy, and it makes it so much better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Oh come on, the Nick forum is deader than a disco dancing dodo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Bad ass isn't shooting someone with a gun; it's attacking them with gardening tools, and winning.
Whatswiththeheadbands? is online now  
Old 07-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #2452
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Now read this in the voice of the Honest Trailers Guy, and it makes it so much better.
I wrote that picturing him saying that. XD Glad someone thought of it like that, too.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #2453
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I wrote that picturing him saying that. XD Glad someone thought of it like that, too.
I totally re-read that summary in the movie voice.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 03:24 AM   #2454
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Raphael's answer to Michael Bay's movies
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #2455
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I see a lot of positive response to my summary, so I'm gonna do one of this one:

"She's back. In 2016, get ready to join reporter April O'Neil again, but this time... in a sexy schoolgirl outfit. Seriously, that makes the movie a bit more watchable. Joining her is Stephen Amell as Casey Jones, a character who has no connection to the Casey Jones you all know and love. Get ready to see the first big-screen incarnations of Bebop and Rocksteady, which sounds like a good idea until you realize that this will be the first ever on-screen version of Bebop and Rocksteady, and these guys at Platinum Dunes are the ones making it... And rumor has it, that the villain Krang will be making an appearance... In the last TEN MINUTES of the movie.
Oh, yeah, and those Turtles. They're in it, too. Mostly for Mikey to sexually harass April again, because everyone loves watching a pet harass its owner.
"What's up, Angel Cakes?"
Mikey, stop.
"Correction, she's a hot chick with a head injury."
Stop it right now.
"Oh, she's so hot I can feel my shell tightening."
NO NINJA, NO NINJA, NO!

Starring:
(Megan Fox) Plastic Face.
(Stephen Amell) You have failed this franchise.
(Brian Tee) Shreddy-O Drift.
(Will Arnet) You need a better agent.
(Tyler Perry) Diary of a Mad Black Stockman.
(Sheamus) Professional Hugger.
(Gary Anthony Williams) Stevie's Dad.

April The Movie 2, Co-Starring Casey and a little bit of Raph. Oh, yeah, and the other guys."
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 AM   #2456
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
Foom, you're awesome, you know that? I couldn't stop laughing at that.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #2457
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Spoiler:
I see a lot of positive response to my summary, so I'm gonna do one of this one:

"She's back. In 2016, get ready to join reporter April O'Neil again, but this time... in a sexy schoolgirl outfit. Seriously, that makes the movie a bit more watchable. Joining her is Stephen Amell as Casey Jones, a character who has no connection to the Casey Jones you all know and love. Get ready to see the first big-screen incarnations of Bebop and Rocksteady, which sounds like a good idea until you realize that this will be the first ever on-screen version of Bebop and Rocksteady, and these guys at Platinum Dunes are the ones making it... And rumor has it, that the villain Krang will be making an appearance... In the last TEN MINUTES of the movie.
Oh, yeah, and those Turtles. They're in it, too. Mostly for Mikey to sexually harass April again, because everyone loves watching a pet harass its owner.
"What's up, Angel Cakes?"
Mikey, stop.
"Correction, she's a hot chick with a head injury."
Stop it right now.
"Oh, she's so hot I can feel my shell tightening."
NO NINJA, NO NINJA, NO!

Starring:
(Megan Fox) Plastic Face.
(Stephen Amell) You have failed this franchise.
(Brian Tee) Shreddy-O Drift.
(Will Arnet) You need a better agent.
(Tyler Perry) Diary of a Mad Black Stockman.
(Sheamus) Professional Hugger.
(Gary Anthony Williams) Stevie's Dad.

April The Movie 2, Co-Starring Casey and a little bit of Raph. Oh, yeah, and the other guys."
You're the Honest Trailers Voice Guy!

No Ninja, No Ninja, No! F'ing brilliant.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 09:19 AM   #2458
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Hey stupid parents, your children will love our Shrek-look-alike Michelangelo, and they will learn all of his famous creepy quotes :

" Aaah she's so hot I can feel my shell tightening"
" Correction, she's a hot chick with a head injury"
" That's great guys, maybe she has hot friends"
" If that wasn't already obvious with that girl, DIBS !"
" My girlfriend is the Hogosha"
" What's up Angel Cakes ?"
" That's my girl"
" It's a very special song girl, for us"
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #2459
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,534
"Correction, she's a hot chick with a head injury."

Thaaaaaaaaat's leading places that aren't okay.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #2460
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Someone really needs to make that their signature so my legacy can live on.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.