The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

I played a bit of the Genesis version and had trouble pulling off moves. I kept losing, so I gave up.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #42
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wait, it was bundled? I thought Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt was the only game bundled with the NES? I mean, TMNT came out in 1989 already, while the NES is from 1985. I know in some places, such as in oru country, the NES only made it to the stores in like 1990, so maybe here it was bundled with TMNT? Come to think of it, the first two NES games my brother got as a kid were SMB1 and TMNT when he got his NES in 1990...
It was the default bundle in Europe and helped solidify the system outside of Japan and the US
Old 12-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

Ah, okay, that makes sense. So it was regional, as I suspected.

I tried a quick Google last night of "NES pack-in games" but gave up quickly, not wanting to sift through the endless links about the NES mini.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #44
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
TMNT III was really great, I'm pissed it's not more fondly remembered. A case could be made for it being better than II or IV.
It has been released in 1992, well into Genesis and SNES lifespan, so naturally it was overlooked.
Which is really unfortunate since it's one of the most beautiful NES games, with awesome soundtrack and decent gameplay.

While I admit, that TIT might have better gameplay, Manhattan Project is my most favorite TMNT game.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #45
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Ah, okay, that makes sense. So it was regional, as I suspected.

I tried a quick Google last night of "NES pack-in games" but gave up quickly, not wanting to sift through the endless links about the NES mini.
Well, to this day is the 11th best selling NES game, and the 1st not published/created by Nintendo, and the fact that was a bundle game had a huge part in that
Old 12-05-2018, 12:43 AM   #46
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
But the NES version has a WHOLE EXTRA LEVEL!
It's actually two extras levels plus the Stockman-Fly boss. So that's something when the original game was so short.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #47
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
It's actually two extras levels plus the Stockman-Fly boss. So that's something when the original game was so short.
All levels from arcade version has been made longer.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

Thanks for refreshing my memory. It's been over ten years since I played the NES version.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #49
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wait, it was bundled? I thought Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt was the only game bundled with the NES? I mean, TMNT came out in 1989 already, while the NES is from 1985. I know in some places, such as in oru country, the NES only made it to the stores in like 1990, so maybe here it was bundled with TMNT?
It was bundled with the Nes in the UK. It's probably the best sales the Nes ever got over here.

Quote:
Thanks for refreshing my memory. It's been over ten years since I played the NES version.
Never owned the Nes version. I owned the Amiga version which had better graphics and sound although some stuff missing from the Nes version.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #50
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
I guess anything's possible, but again, investment vs. reward. Do enough "old school" fans really care enough about those games to make a compilation profitable, with or without remastering? I'unno, I'm not convinced. They haven't made any of the newer games profitable, even with the help of the younger crowd the new games are ostensibly marketed to. This seems like one of those cases where TMNT really isn't as popular as TMNT fans think it is. I'm fairly sure the last time a TMNT game actually turned a profit was at least 25 years ago.
I dunno. Ubisoft were so pleased with the sales of the 2007 movie tie-in game that they said they wanted to make a followup regardless of whether there was a sequel to the movie. I'm guessing that morphed into Smash Up were a commercial rut started to set in.

I would guess the Konami games that were released during the 2000s were popular enough since they cranked out four of 'em. Observation bias but I noticed a fair amount of kids in the wild playing the GBA releases back in the day.

I think the market is very different now for these kind of releases. Kinda why I think TMNT needs to let go of trying to emulate the arcade style beat 'em up formula, kids don't seem to be all that interested in it and most older folk who want a retro TMNT-game experience want it based on the version of the turtles they know not the Nicktoon or a nebulous sorta based on everything version.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote