The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 11-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The funniest ways Cartoons and comics deal with cursing and insults.

Avatar Aang letting off some steam by exclaiming some expletives.

Of course given the fact that Cartoons and Comics are being sold to and aimed at children there's no real cursing going on, no F-bombs, so the creators went to sometimes hilarious lengths to come up with kid friendly alternatives. And I figured it to be fun to talk about those.

Well, a thread like this wouldn't be worth anything without Raphael from the 2012 series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and our red bandanna wearing hot head sure came up with some funny curses and insults. Sewer Cakes, Sewer Apples and Sewer Bunnies were frequently used throughout the series. Always in situation which in an action movie would have standard given us an "Oh S#!t!" by the protagonist.

Terra in New Teen Titans' "The Judas Contract" I couldn't find a picture but she has a very specific insult for Starfire, calling her "Balloon bod", which, seeing as what Starfire looks like in the comics, is actually quite well suited.

But when it comes to creative use of cursing and insults, NOTHING can beat the Transformers franchise.

"If I take out Optimus Prime, even Starscream's gonna have to kiss my afterburners."
—Thundercracker

"We were brilliant in battle, Megatron. The Dinobots overwhelmed us with sheer brute force!"
"Brilliant, my boron compressor!"
—Starscream and Megatron

"Look out the clutch-munching window!"
-Rook

"Stick it in your command module, eight-eyes."
—Rattrap

"Tell Megatron to blow it out his exhaust port. We're having a demolition derby."
—Drag Strip

"You overgrown Autobot! I will scramble your circuits so bad you'll need a GPS scanner to find your own exhaust port—"
—Blitzwing to Omega Supreme

"The Arctic? Great. Another chance to freeze our sparkplugs off."
—Arcee

"Waspinator find Spider-bot and tear him a new waste-disposal unit!"
—Waspinator