Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #3261
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Isn't it like super redundant to have a trickster and a wild card on a team?
Yeah at first I was thinking those sound similar. But then I thought about ‘wild card’ as it is used in card games. And ‘trickster’ as being cunning and achieving goals by deceit. When at first I thought ‘trickster’ as the class clown type.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:31 PM   #3262
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So your saying this Leonardo will steal from the rich, to give to the poor?
I believe it would be more akin to getting his way through charm or charisma. But I can't picture Leo in that scenario. In order to pull that off, he'd have to, for starters, not be a giant antropomorphic turtle.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #3263
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah at first I was thinking those sound similar. But then I thought about ‘wild card’ as it is used in card games. And ‘trickster’ as being cunning and achieving goals by deceit. When at first I thought ‘trickster’ as the class clown type.
It’s kind of like having having a tactition and a strategist on the same team. Both in same in outlook but yet at the same time very different in when you get down to be brass tacks.

Such as for example both tactitions and strategists are planners and come up with the ideas to complete the end goal.

However the Tactition is the one who says “We need to acheve ABC in order to get to XYZ” or if you prefer “In order to get to the mountain we have to take the hill”

The strategist is the one who says “This is how we will take the hill.”

The same is true with a trickster and wild card

A trickster uses lies and deception to achieve a goal. And in some cases the trickster can be a clownish sort, and other times they are more closer to what would could be refered to as a rogue because they don’t follow normal rules or conventional behavior and will generally depending on modivation side with whatever side offers the most gain.

A good example of a trickster would be Torbin Zixx because he would often dupe the Turtles into doing the dirty work in order for him to achieve his goals. Such as having the Turtles assist him in a charaty mission to Bolarathon only for it to turn out that the crates themselves were actually a compound that was used as an weapons grade explosive.

A wild card is a person who is discribed as being more chaotic good or a loose cannon. They may not have a side officially but serve themselves only or they may also be on the same side or have the same end goal as one team. But they have different motives or methods for getting said goal that are unorthodox or don’t fit with the main characters goals.

For example take Yu Yu Hakusho, one of the main characters was previously a notorious criminal. He isn’t exactly evil and can be helpful in many cases. But even though he does trust and respect those he has come to see as friends and allies, when he does offer information, particularly info about his past existance he does maintain a “if you don’t need to know, I won’t bother saying” basis. So much of what he would say is a partial truth or a lie by omission. And much of his reasons or actions are purely because it’s conveniant to him not because he has any real loyalty.

But at the same time he will not hesitate in killing someone because a fool only lets their enemy live to see another day. Such as during the third arc there is one moment where Kurama goes to the Spirit World to confront Koenma about an enemy they were being told face off against. Koenma at first brushes off Kurama’s concerns until the former thief says “Not if you didn’t think this was a foe that we could defeat.”

And in the same arc they Urameshi team apprihends a boy on the enemies side. At one point that kid asks what he should do since he is technically still their enemy. And Kurama responds by saying “What you do now is for you to decide. But if you do choose to go back to our enemy, I will not hesitate in killing you.”

Last edited by victory_angel; 02-17-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #3264
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Does anyone have a theory on where April got that glowing baseball bat from?
Casey is sacrificed on an alter in Magic Mutantland, the bat ending up imbued with his spirit, which is now magic and April keeps as not only a weapon but to remember him by.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #3265
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The bat seems energy based so I don't think it's magic, might be a gadget Donatello made for April? It'd be so awesome if it's called Casey.

The playset that shows the inferior world below New York makes me believe that real New York will almost never be featured, since so little effort was put into the toy section of NY and yet the layer and bottom world is full of stuff to play in.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:03 AM   #3266
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well it seems I was right, Raph will only be the leader temporarily and Leo will eventually become leader, I meme magic'd that into reality and they confirm it in the toyfair video.

It's great when predictions come true. I also like the bit that implies the Turtles may get their classic weapons as the series continues, makes me wonder if their new weapons are just a Season 1 thing. Raph definitely needs his sai's at least when the show progresses.

And finally Shredder is pretty much confirmed, although we may not see him till mid/late Season 1.

It seems like this show is turning around already. Maybe it'll be better than expected.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:34 AM   #3267
newfan
Mad Scientist

Totally fine with you being right about the leader and Shredder Cubed, if you can just be right about the 2012 special you think we'll get later on too that would be great

So is Raph just much bigger mostly in build do you think rather than height too? Hard to tell from the pick of them all together as he's right at the front.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:36 AM   #3268
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Totally fine with you being right about the leader and Shredder Cubed, if you can just be right about the 2012 special you think we'll get later on too that would be great

So is Raph just much bigger mostly in build do you think rather than height too? Hard to tell from the pick of them all together as he's right at the front.
In the toy version he was taller than all of them.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:16 AM   #3269
CyberCubed
Overlord

He is bigger than the others, but at least not too big. I was worried he'd be like Nick's Slash who towered over the Turtles. Being just a head taller isn't much a problem.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:31 AM   #3270
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
So your saying this Leonardo will steal from the rich, to give to the poor?
Not even slightly. I just mean in the general way of being sneaky in order to achieve goals. That...probably wouldn't mean donning various disguises to do them, but being manipulative in the face of his enemies to get them to play into his hands.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:24 AM   #3271
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Not even slightly. I just mean in the general way of being sneaky in order to achieve goals. That...probably wouldn't mean donning various disguises to do them, but being manipulative in the face of his enemies to get them to play into his hands.
Leo being a dishonest little shitbag. I don't know how to feel about that.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:30 AM   #3272
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Leo being a dishonest little shitbag. I don't know how to feel about that.
You mean being a ninja?
Old 02-18-2018, 05:16 AM   #3273
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
In other words. Leo will try to manipulate his brothers and steal that last slice of pizza.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:19 AM   #3274
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Pixel Dan just posted a new video from Toy Fair with an interview of the Producers of Rise of the TMNT. And an interview with the voice actor for Michelangelo.

One of the Producers name drops the Technodrome Forum.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-18-2018 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #3275
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It does say "The Muscles" on Raph's toy card.

I think it's obvious because Raph being the leader will only be temporary. We're going to see a Leonardo who grows into being a leader for the first time, and Raph will probably make some blunders leading the team and eventually realize that Leo is better suited for the task. With Splinter's blessing Leonardo shall become the true leader he is destined to become. It'll be a great character arc for Season 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Just in case it wasn't obvious from the start, Raph being the leader is most likely a temporary character arc, rather than a new status quo. This sort of thing happens a lot in children's cartoons.

I put a 75% chance of this happening, in this exact order:
  1. Raph is made leader at the start of the show.
  2. He sucks at it.
  3. Leo shows superior leadership skill throughout the season.
  4. Towards the end of the season, Leo is forced to act as temporary leader.
  5. Everyone realises Leo is the superior leader.
  6. Raph resigns his title to Leo.

I've seen this a lot. I put 20% on a different series of events leading to Leo becoming the leader by the end of season 1. 3% on it happening by the end of season 2. And the remaining 2% are the odds of anyone other than Leo becoming leader by the end of season 2.
You know I was at first iffy on the idea of Raph being a temporary leader at first but Leo taking over would actually be an interesting character arc. I'm more interested on how Raph's going to take this though. Whether it hurts his pride that his once less serious brother takes it from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I really hope Raph doesn't remain leader, it's my only problem with the show, I don't care if Shredder never appears. I mean Leo the trickster? ugh.
Quote:
So Leonardo is a trickster now? that's gonna take some getting used to.
Yeah, I'm just uneasy about Leo's personality in this show.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #3276
utromx
Thug

If raph is the “self proclaimed leader” maybe Leo is a self proclaimed trickstertrying to be something he’s not because he’s young. Maybe we will get some character evolution and Leo will come to grow into a leader and raph will learn to be a team player. Also with hints that they will get their signature weapons later I’m starting to like this show a little more. It gives the characters places to go. I really hope we get some more info soon. Maybe at SDCC.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #3277
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utromx View Post
If raph is the “self proclaimed leader” maybe Leo is a self proclaimed trickstertrying to be something he’s not because he’s young. Maybe we will get some character evolution and Leo will come to grow into a leader and raph will learn to be a team player.
I could deal with that.

Given how they're making Leo sound... I wanna drag the little bugger off by his mask tails and make him go spend some quality crossover time with 2003 Leo who can teach him how to grow the hell up and BE Leo. (And I don't really even mean the leader part, but that would factor in.)

Quote:
*whistles to herself and quietly walks away*

I at least give them credit for being able to deal, unlike certain movie people at one time.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #3278
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I could deal with that.

Given how they're making Leo sound... I wanna drag the little bugger off by his mask tails and make him go spend some quality crossover time with 2003 Leo who can teach him how to grow the hell up and BE Leo. (And I don't really even mean the leader part, but that would factor in.)
Well with the other dimensions Leo may well see other versions of himself.

Last edited by newfan; 02-18-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #3279
Vicky82
Emperor

The TMNT account on Instagram posted this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWPWoqHgEZ/?taken-by=tmnt

Old 02-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #3280
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Pixel Dan just posted a new video from Toy Fair with an interview of the Producers of Rise of the TMNT. And an interview with the voice actor for Michelangelo.

Can you summarize what was said? I don't have time to watch a youtube video
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters