The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Google Announces Gaming Platform Stadia

At a press conference today, Google officially announced their new video game platform, Stadia, which delivers instant access to your favorite games on any type of screen— TV, laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile phone. The platform, which doesn’t require a traditional box or console, will debut later this year and have games available in 4K and at 60 frames per second.

When players use Stadia, they’ll be able to access their games at all times, and on virtually any screen. And developers will have access to nearly unlimited resources to create the games they’ve always dreamed of. It’s a powerful hardware stack combining server class GPU, CPU, memory and storage, and with the power of Google’s data center infrastructure, Stadia can evolve as quickly as the imagination of game creators.

Data centers make Stadia possible, but what sets the system apart is how it works with other Google services. In a world where there are more than 200 million people watching game-related content daily on YouTube, Stadia makes many of those games playable with the press of a button. If you watch one of your favorite creators playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, simply click the “play now” button.Seconds later, you’ll be running around ancient Greece in your own game/on your own adventure—no downloads, no updates, no patches and no installs.

The Stadia controller will have a direct connection from to the data center through Wi-Fi for the best possible gaming performance. The controller also includes a button for instant capture, saving and sharing gameplay in up to 4k of stunning resolution. And it comes equipped with a Google Assistant button and built-in microphone.

Stadia will launch later this year in the US, UK, Europe, and Canada.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun 4: In Space (1996).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E5).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:14 AM   #2
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well if anyone can make it work it’s Google but I’m not into streaming games. I’ve never even downloaded a digital copy. Unless you count the few I have on my table but that’s different. I’m talking about consoles.

Would have been cool to see how they designed a physical machine though.

Also could have had fun with the name...Google Player. Huge missed opportunity. Right?

Wanted to say Google Play-Station but no way Sony would allow it unless they partnered with them.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Sumac
Banned

Potentially interesting concept.

But I love to "own" my games. Even if its in digital form on my HDD.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting

This is going to be the HD DVD of video games.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote