The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #241
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
For April and Irma to wear micro shorts and mini skirts respectively, while they walk around school, AND avoid getting scrutinized in any way ... just wow. I guess their area had a lax code of conduct.

I wish my schools were like that. I know their school isn't real, but still ...
Well, wasn't April's school run by the Kraang? Seems like the whole thing was a sham designed to keep close tabs on April's whereabouts.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #242
CyberCubed
Overlord

The animators seemed to think there was nothing wrong with April's clothing:

Even if she didn't have leggings on underneath they look like regular shorts to me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #243
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Belly shirts were definitely a no-no, so 2k3 April would've been made to wear a jacket over it. But as long as the navel was covered it didn't seem to matter. . . .
belly shirts were not really that "in" in the mid 00's, that was more of a 90s and recent thing again in my experience. In the mid/late 00's it seemed to be "tacky" at least for a while, now it's pretty common again. But maybe that's only in my area.
When my college roommate and I watched "The Unconvincing Turtle Titan" episode back in the day, we were never sure what to make of the artistic decision to render April's... uh.... "lower back."

View my sketch work!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #244
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

No need to crack about it
Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #245
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

I can't believe anyone would think that the outfits in the 2k12 show would offend anyone. This is kind of an absurd tangent.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #246
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
sdp, what was even on that page and a half that took a whole class period if all that stuff was fine? Or was it just what the district wanted but the school itself was super lax on it?
It wasn't High School, it was during Jr. High and it was only one period of 7 were we went through the students handbook including the dress code and went over all the rules. The rules were still there in HS but seldom enforced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
When my college roommate and I watched "The Unconvincing Turtle Titan" episode back in the day, we were never sure what to make of the artistic decision to render April's... uh.... "lower back."
http://i.imgur.com/kzIsv0wh.png

It's not there only, it's in the entire series, I only think it's meant to be her lower back since it's a kids show because if not it's clearly plumbers crack. I mentioned it once here many years ago and everyone ignored my comment so I thought i was the only one who thought that
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #247
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
I can't believe anyone would think that the outfits in the 2k12 show would offend anyone. This is kind of an absurd tangent.
It's just Papenbrook, it's her schtick.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #248
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also all female characters are also sexualized in every cartoon that ever existed, by the writers or animators themselves. This is nothing new, you can find it in any show.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #249
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also all female characters are also sexualized in every cartoon that ever existed, by the writers or animators themselves. This is nothing new, you can find it in any show.
Are you saying that the writers or animators did this in the 2k12 show? I just can't see it.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #250
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why not? There were dozens of April ass shots in the camera, or when Don/Casey were crushing over April there was suggestive camera pan shots of her body. Then all the Karai/Shinigami stuff.

I mean the writers/animators are humans too. They purposely put stuff like this in every cartoon. Think of any other cartoon you ever watched. You think the 30-40+ year old adults working on them don't enjoy this stuff?
Old 05-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #251
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Why not? There were dozens of April ass shots in the camera, or when Don/Casey were crushing over April there was suggestive camera pan shots of her body. Then all the Karai/Shinigami stuff.

I mean the writers/animators are humans too. They purposely put stuff like this in every cartoon. Think of any other cartoon you ever watched. You think the 30-40+ year old adults working on them don't enjoy this stuff?
I mean... I'm sure there are just as many "ass" shots of the turtles. The pan behind a character is a pretty common "cool" camera shot. I guess I'm thinking more of like... things that are egregious or actually strange given the age of the characters in the 2k12 show. On the whole the entire show would be appropriate to show to someone of any age.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #252
newfan
Mad Scientist

I didn't see Nicks April to be meant as sexy particularly. The only ep that focused on a body part was when she had the space suit on, Don and Casey were all love hearts and she covered her breasts and said they were creeping her out.

Last edited by newfan; 05-10-2018 at 02:15 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #253
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

It's not there only, it's in the entire series, I only think it's meant to be her lower back since it's a kids show because if not it's clearly plumbers crack. I mentioned it once here many years ago and everyone ignored my comment so I thought i was the only one who thought that
Though the Turtle Titan episode stuck out to me, I really don't recall any other obvious examples of that particular animation decision in other episodes of the series. Granted, animations often drew April's pants as low on her wait, but I the extra line on the character model was usually higher up the actual back.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #254
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Our precious little TMNT franchise has grown up. The "diamond in the ruff." The outlier. They might as well change the name to, "Middle age mutant ninja turtles" now.

Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
That makes me feel very depressed. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I'm one year older than TMNT.

Quote:
The cheek of it!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #255
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/kzIsv0wh.png
If that's a butt crack, then for someone with not much butt that crack seems to come up a bit high, given her approximate hip area.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-10-2018 at 06:54 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #256
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Not true at all

The internet is just full of freaks who screencap every single frame of a cartoon/show so of course we're talking about human bodies, there's only so many angles you show and unless they skip transitional scenes there'll be scenes that can be taken out of context and posted all over online.

You grab a couple of those, make a collage of them, share, and boom. Now you have a bunch of screencaps of what it looks like a character being sexualized constantly so "it must be the whole show that's always doing it because those animators are dirty" or if you're on the other camp who like animated drawings for some reason you start fapping.

Now of course there are shows with some fan service but nothing like what the internet would lead you to believe.

Quote:
Though the Turtle Titan episode stuck out to me, I really don't recall any other obvious examples of that particular animation decision in other episodes of the series. Granted, animations often drew April's pants as low on her wait, but I the extra line on the character model was usually higher up the actual back.
Oh, it's definitely there in most episodes, I noticed it quite frequently when I watched all the episodes of 2k3.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #257
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
The animators seemed to think there was nothing wrong with April's clothing:

https://realnerdunion.files.wordpres...s_s02e19_a.jpg

Even if she didn't have leggings on underneath they look like regular shorts to me.

You use THAT shot, and claim there's nothing wrong with her shorts??!! Cubed, you are either trolling REALLY hard, or you truly have no clue. Those things are practically painted on her rear, and so are the leggings. I mean, it's nice that she can rock the look, but that would NEVER fly in most public schools, even in New York. Too distracting to male eyes. And just because you saw them wearing that stuff, doesn't mean they didn't get reprimanded for it. You probably just didn't see the consequences getting handed down. Most schools send the student home to change (and mark them absent without permission to boot) or have them "borrow" something more appropriate the school provides. (And nobody wants to wear that stuff- it's usually ugly or way out of style, to embarrass them so they don't do it again.)

Like Indigo, ours required shorts to be at least down below fingertips, and no skin-tight ANYTHING. It was just asking for trouble to even try wearing that stuff to class. Especially in high school, when guys can be utter pigs. That's the entire point of the rules- students are there to learn, not to be seen or impress anyone. Public schools do have standards of conduct, though some inner city schools seem to give up on them. But I bet if you'd been in a school just a few miles away (maybe in a wealthier district or neighborhood) you would not have seen anyone get away with that.

It's not "1950's" America, it's just common school standards of etiquette, dress, and conduct. Something that inner city schools may become lax on, but most others don't.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #258
Leo656
The Franchise

So anywhere that's not NY or NJ is apparently a Puritan hellhole. Neat.

I'm with Cubed; I'unno about anywhere else but at least insofar as Central NJ, nobody gives a sh*t about dress codes. My high school technically had them, but only the "No Profanity" rule was ever enforced, and only selectively. I wore a Guns N Roses shirt with a naked chick riding a giant pistol, once a week for several years, and only ONE time did a teacher notice - and he laughed it off because he was a huge GNR fan. I also never wear sleeves, and back then my motorcycle jacket was covered with chains and pins and things. No issues. Some of the "punk" kids would have vests or jackets with a thousand safety pins in 'em, or chains almost dragging on the ground. No issues.

As for the girls, forget it. "Daisy Dukes", tank tops, leggings/yoga pants - come to think of it, I think skirts of any length were a hard "No", period, but seemingly anything else was permitted. This one girl who sat behind me in Language Arts used to come in wearing tiny shorts, black fishnets, and knee-high lace-up boots. And God Bless her for it, too.

There's a bunch of schools close to where I live and work, so I see a lot of high school-age kids walking to and from school, enough to say that little, if anything, has seemingly changed around here.

Which is good. "Distraction" my ass; Dress codes are oppression, and if someone who's right about to enter the workforce can't focus on his school work because of a visible bra strap, that person is not ready to be released into the world unsupervised.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #259
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, look who it is...

Well, I mean, it is Jersey... I'm sure anything looks puritan compared to Jersey. Cubed, are you in part of NY closest to New Jersey? lol

As a neighboring state with far more than our share of NJ people hanging out over here, now I know most of them aren't coming over here dressed like the people from Jersey Shore (the show), so what part is that really happening in other than the 'Shore' part...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-10-2018 at 09:52 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #260
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't remember anyone getting in trouble for a dress code violation when I was in high school, and I'm from the land of Puritans.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote