The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-08-2015, 05:09 AM   #21
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Hmm... I'll buy Raph if they are $200 or close to that. $300 is a bit high...

If they are $150 or so I might have to get all 4...

Please bump when these go on pre-order!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #22
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Anyone familiar with this company/group have any guess on how big the figures are? And how long they'll be producing them?
They will be in 1/6 scale. So its likely they will be anywhere between 12-14" depending on whether or not they choose to go for true accuracy (the turtles were quite large in the movie).

ThreeZero/ThreeA makes a lot of 1/6 scale figures, and tend to be significantly cheaper than say Hot Toys. Normally you are probably looking anywhere from $125-$200 per figure, but as someone else said these are new body sculpts so there very well could be a price increase. They have licensing agreements with properties such as Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Halo...etc

I've heard a lot of good about their products, and have decided to pull the trigger on their Walter White 1/6 scale figure...but the bad I've heard generally consists of how slow they put out figures in comparison to the other big 1/6 figure makers. Many have been patiently waiting to beef up their Walking Dead collections after buying the 2 pet Zombies that were released quite awhile ago.

So if you end up buying whatever Turtle/Turtles are first released, don't plan on completing the set for awhile.

Wish they had gone 90's TMNT as apposed to these things
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #23
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I just really hope these 2014 movie turtles sell well so they make a Shredder figure. I definitely want a nice Shredder figure from this movie but I don't want to spend as much as he will probably cost at Prime 1 Studio! And besides that, it's more about the size of the statue than anything. I've tried to limit myself to statues or nice figures to no more than 16" tall and the Prime 1 Studio Shredder will exceed that height for sure. So I'm hoping this line does well so I can get a 1/6 scale Shredder!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #24
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Splinter is getting a statue too

Old 03-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

http://www.actionfigurefury.com/thre...ction-figures/
Quote:
Threezero has put a nice surprise on their Facebook page this morning – a couple of teaser images for their some of their complete TMNT 2014 and TItanfall sixth scale action figures.

Threezero TMNT 2014 Sixth Scale Figures Teaser Leonardo Michelangelo

Now obviously all four of the TMNT 2014 Ninja Turtles aren’t shown in the teaser image (they are all going to be produced though), but we do get a very good look at Leonardo and Michelangelo. Each of the figures looks like they are going to contain all of the armor and accessories that we saw them have on-screen. Michelangelo even looks like he’s going to be coming with a 1/6th scale skateboard accessory!

Whether of not you fell in love with the most recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, you can’t say that these figures don’t look stunning. Apart from customs and action figures that were made specifically for kids, this is going to be the first time that we get any 12-inch Ninja Turtles action figures that were meant specifically for collectors.

I’m definitely going to be supporting this line. If we all support it, Threezero may see that TMNT has potential and they might eventually go for some of the classic Ninja Turtles licenses. It is probably a long stretch to think like that, but remember that we vote with our wallets?
Spoiler:

I'm impressed, they even got that little peek of material that sticks out over the top of Leo's 'belt'. Awesome details.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #26
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

These look great, hope they won't be too expensive.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #27
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

For those of you not familiar with 1:6 scale collectibles, I would prepare yourself for a very expensive hobby. You can say that you would only buy one. But that's how the 1:6 addiction starts lol. Also, be prepared for delays in the release of these as ThreeZero is notorious for being late on products (e.g. walking dead line).

I'll bet this is closer to $300. People saying it will cost $150 are merely wishfully hoping. ThreeZero released Tyrion Lannister recently and he goes for about $150. He is a much smaller figure. These figures will be big and have tons of detailing. They will indeed be closer to $300. People are going to be paying $1,250+ for the full set depending on shipping costs.

I think they look great but wish that ThreeZero would try to get the license to make 1:6 scale Henson turtles (1990). Would be amazing.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 AM   #28
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
For those of you not familiar with 1:6 scale collectibles, I would prepare yourself for a very expensive hobby. You can say that you would only buy one. But that's how the 1:6 addiction starts lol. Also, be prepared for delays in the release of these as ThreeZero is notorious for being late on products (e.g. walking dead line).

I'll bet this is closer to $300. People saying it will cost $150 are merely wishfully hoping. ThreeZero released Tyrion Lannister recently and he goes for about $150. He is a much smaller figure. These figures will be big and have tons of detailing. They will indeed be closer to $300. People are going to be paying $1,250+ for the full set depending on shipping costs.

I think they look great but wish that ThreeZero would try to get the license to make 1:6 scale Henson turtles (1990). Would be amazing.
You're right on the money, dude. These will be $250-$300. I can't see a reused part on these guys. Someone's gotta pay for the new body molds that will only be used once.

I also agree with your point about the 1/6 addiction...you can't just have one.

Any guesses on the release date for these 2? maybe winter 2015 and they will follow up with Don and Raph in Spring 2020?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #29
cloud
Stone Warrior

Also keep in mind that the $250-275 price point will include free global shipping so its not really that expensive compared to Hot Toys.
The Turtlea if being in 1:6 scale should be 13-14" tall.
Usually of Threezero store will include an exclusive acessory. I'm guessing its either an alternate headsculpt or Mikey's hover skateboard.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:34 AM   #30
Chris
Mad Scientist

Pre-order 9th April at $230 each or ThreeZero exclusive set of both for $380 (an $80 saving), both prices include international shipping (announcement here https://www.facebook.com/threezeroHK...1&pagefilter=3)

Loads of pictures here http://www.threezeroblogjp.com/blog/tmnt03

At $230 each I'd have been out but the exclusive set at $380 brings the price down to $190 each including postage so I may have to bite. Hopefully I'll have a bit of time though as I've just got back from holiday so want to clear my credit card bill before pre-ordering as ThreeZero take payment at time of pre-order.

They said on Facebook Raph and Don will be revealed later this year.

Last edited by Jester; 04-04-2015 at 03:49 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:49 AM   #31
DVD
Mad Scientist

I've just found these up for preorder here.
It was great going through the photo set (check them out on their site).
The photos just make you wanna order there and then, but, I can wait for a bit. I want to give my regular guy a shot at getting them for me (I believe in customer loyalty), even it means waiting a little longer.

Anyway, so two are on their way (Leo and Mikey) with the other two confirmed for the later in the year reveal. All together now, Awesome!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #32
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

As much as I disliked the movie, I was on the fence with these figures.

After seeing that batch of photos in the link above I can say with 100% certainty that I am not pulling the trigger on any of these.

Those eyes....ugh, they look so lifeless and bland. The rest of the figures look greatly detailed, but those eyes look like Hasbro painted them
Old 04-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #33
DVD
Mad Scientist

I have got to pay more attention when I'm reading Chinese details!
On the sites I've been looking at, I was misreading the retail price and the release dates. I realized that the prices quoted were in Hong Kong dollars, so the actual price of each figure (when bought as a pair) is no more than a Hot Toys figure. So that was cool.
Next, the release date was actually the time of the preorder ! Doh!

I've decided to do the two pack preorder to secure them at the retail price. I can see these figures selling fast, or going up in price very quickly.

I still think these look amazing.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #34
tipet
Hench Mutant

The expressions looks very neutral. Maybe if they had come with extra heads, I would buy them. But for now I will pass.

tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Two more days till the pre-order date! Can't wait!

Check out the sweet, intricate details!

Spoiler:

-----------
We are excited to announce pre-order for Leonardo and Michelangelo collectibles based on TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES film! Collectible figures will be available for pre-order at www.threezerostore.com starting from April 9th 9:00AM Hong Kong time for 230USD/1780HKD each with International shipping included in the price.

As part of the special and threezerostore exclusive offer: we will have both Leonardo and Michelangelo collectibles offered for a special price of 380USD/2950HKD with International shipping included in the price.

The Leonardo and Michelangelo collectible figures come in 1/6th scale and are designed after the characters on-screen appearance. Leonardo stands approximately 32.6cm / 12.8inches tall, comes with an extra pair of exchangeable hands and two katanas with scabbard. Michelangelo stands approximately 30cm/11.8inches tall and comes with an extra pair of exchangeable hands, pair of nunchaku, sunglases and a skateboard.

1/6th scale TMNT Michelangelo collectible details
*Stands ~30cm tall/11.8inches tall
*Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness as seen in TMNT film
*Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
*Body with over 25 points of articulations
*Realistic paint application to highlight all the details along with battle damaged effect as seen in the film.

Michelangelo comes with following accessories:
*Exchangeable hands
*Nunchaku x 2
*Sunglasses

*Skateboard

1/6th scale TMNT Leonardo collectible details:
*Stands ~32.6cm / 12.8inches tall

*Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness as seen in TMNT film
*Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture

*Body with over 25 points of articulations

*Realistic paint application to highlight all the details along with battle damaged effect as seen in the film

Leonardo comes with following accessories:
*Exchangeable hands

*Katana x 2 (with scabbards)

You can find all the images of Michelangelo and Leonardo collectibles at our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=415383e859

Found some more links:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2939988&type=3

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 04-06-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #36
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Two more days till the pre-order date! Can't wait!

Check out the sweet, intricate details!

http://i.imgur.com/KCHn2nw.jpg
This is actually a picture of the Prime 1 statue.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:19 PM   #37
Shark_Blade
Emperor

What's a Prime 1?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #38
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
What's a Prime 1?
Those big statues we've seen some time ago based off the new movie.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:27 AM   #39
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So....is it rubber over an endo-skeleton for movement, or is it something different over the joints?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 04-07-2015 at 02:33 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:45 AM   #40
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So....is it rubber over an endo-skeleton for movement, or is it something different over the joints?
Looks like the elbow joints are the only seamless joints on the figures, so for that joint expect a rubbery sleeve over the arm. Looks like you can see every other joint...no ankle pivot either from what I can tell. Prepare for stagnant ninja poses.

Also with the seamless elbows, I wouldn't recommend leaving them bent at any extreme angles for extended periods of time. They could very well crack over time.

Maybe Hot Toys can snag the rights and make some proper 1990s 1/6 scale turtles because these figures are a bust and an easy pass for me. But for those who get them; I really hope they turn out better than these prototypes...and hopefully they address those brutal eyes