The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 06:50 AM   #7881
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm very sorry about your friend, Prowler. I send you and him my deepest condolences.

------------------------------------------------

A school in Japan has forced a student to dye her hair black.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-01-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #7882
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The no good lying USPS... Never had anything against them, but presently I'm annoyed.

Apparently a package was to be delivered today, a few days earlier than predicted. (Fine by me!)

According to the tracking...

8:59 AM - Out for delivery

(Our mail usually shows up before noon unless there is a substitute mail person. Nothing came in the mail for me.)

6:29 PM - Delivery attempted

Excuse me? We have been home all evening, the door is open, the lights are on, no one came to the door, no notice left as claimed... Attempted delivery? Hogwash!

I'm guessing maybe it was simply missed, but I wish they could mark it as simply delayed then and not something that makes a person expecting it worry.

Weirder, Amazon's tracking page also shows

From USPS at 9PM today.
Delivery attempted

And I was looking at this around 7:30pm, so um...

edit:

Next day...

Tracking now claims that it was delivered at 7:33am. NOPE. Not only did it not come with the rest of the mail, our mail never even comes that early! Usually in the 10 or 11 o' clock hour on average and always before noon unless there is a substitute, in which case it comes a bit late, never early. 7:30 in the morning? Bologna!

What the hell, seriously.

12/6 - Went to the post office about it. They were able to look up the tracking number and see via their GPS system that the package was indeed scanned on my road... But who knows where the hell it went. Most nearby neighbors would have probably handed it over by now. Which makes me think it could be the one crappy house that wouldn't. (And if so, then not really worth trying to fight them over it since it didn't cost much, could be awkward, and if they got into it then forget it anyhow... ) I mean, why would you not give a neighbor their mail if you got it my mistake... And if opened, isn't that kind of a crime?

Just makes me almost hesitant to even order stuff now thinking it may not go to the right house...

12/9 - When the first snow seen for the season has to be measured in inches rather than just a flurry or a dusting, but you had to be at work before it even started so 30 min before sunset you leave work and have to first clean the inches so far off the car to go home... (And it's a soft top Wrangler, so that includes the roof.)

And then you're expected back in at frigging 7am, but this all might ice over by then. Um. Yeaaah... icy roads and driving on them is one of my greater fears.

12/12 - There is a special place in hell for people who shoplift with their kid in tow, and even use their kid to do it. At least for today, I kind of hope this person is hit by a truck sooner or later and the baby is adopted by better people.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-12-2017 at 02:43 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #7883
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know... it's bad enough what my nephew has done to the Christmas tree, having torn off most of the ornaments from the lower half - I'd bought a set of cheap plastic ones assuming he's going to mess with them of course, but that he was allowed to tear them all off and his parents feel no sense of remorse and haven't bothered for one moment to try to put it back and fix the work I did really irks me - but NOW one of my glass TMNT ornaments, made by my brother-in-law a few years ago, has vanished. And it would no doubt be like my sister and brother-in-law to not give a flying %!#& about anything concerning anyone other than themselves or accept responsibility for the crap their kid does. Let alone tell me what became of my ornament that should have been out of this little monster's reach... but lord knows they probably let him drag something over there and climb up to start tearing away at anything else.

Thanks USPS for failing to deliver a supposedly delivered package AGAIN. TMNT stuff this time.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-22-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #7884
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Yeesh. That would grind my gears, too. Sounds like you're not having a very happy Yule, Indigo. Hope it improves, and the packages do finally get to you. Also hope your ornament turns up, as I had one special TMNT one growing up (mom still has it, I think) and I would be upset too if something happened to it because of some little brat being allowed to mess with the tree.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #7885
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Fortunately the ornament did turn up and in one piece. Who knows where it was, but at least good old wayward Raph is back.

---------------------

Customer: [Asking about kitchen appliances. Told that sorry, everything we have it out.] "Are you going out of business?" [Informed that no, our store is not.] "Because I've seen stores that ARE going out of business with more stock on their shelves."

Wtf... Thanks. Job secuity concerns, in an ailing company that HAS closed various stores in the country, are really what I wanted to think about today. Merry Christmas Eve to you too, asshat.

God forbid it could be possible that we've simply sold a lot and haven't gotten much of that kind of stock in as of late. Rather unfair to take an attitude when you can't find something if you wait until Christmas eve to look for it...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-24-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #7886
mrmaczaps
Banned

Any holiday with my family... we usually all meet at my Grandmother's but she is too afraid to tell the idiot cousins who smoke not to smoke in her yard (like it always was when we were growing up, people who smoked had to go to the front of the house, in the road away from everyone else on the back of the house where the porch is... ). Now the cousins just step outside the door and have their cigs and the smoke just comes right back in with them when they smoke. They all know I can't be around it due to my brain tumor but she would rather not upset them so I usually don' bother going. She doesn't want to piss them off but its okay for them to make me physically ill.... Last time I stayed almost the entire holiday, one of the idiot smokers would have a butt then come in and sit as close as possible to me. So, I just don't go if those family members are there. Went for a bit of Christmas today because of the snow, most of them weren't going to make it over and my cousin' girlfriend was the only one to say hello.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:42 PM   #7887
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The no good lying USPS... Never had anything against them, but presently I'm annoyed.

Apparently a package was to be delivered today, a few days earlier than predicted. (Fine by me!)

According to the tracking...

8:59 AM - Out for delivery

(Our mail usually shows up before noon unless there is a substitute mail person. Nothing came in the mail for me.)

6:29 PM - Delivery attempted

Excuse me? We have been home all evening, the door is open, the lights are on, no one came to the door, no notice left as claimed... Attempted delivery? Hogwash!

I'm guessing maybe it was simply missed, but I wish they could mark it as simply delayed then and not something that makes a person expecting it worry.

Weirder, Amazon's tracking page also shows

From USPS at 9PM today.
Delivery attempted

And I was looking at this around 7:30pm, so um...

edit:

Next day...

Tracking now claims that it was delivered at 7:33am. NOPE. Not only did it not come with the rest of the mail, our mail never even comes that early! Usually in the 10 or 11 o' clock hour on average and always before noon unless there is a substitute, in which case it comes a bit late, never early. 7:30 in the morning? Bologna!

What the hell, seriously.

12/6 - Went to the post office about it. They were able to look up the tracking number and see via their GPS system that the package was indeed scanned on my road... But who knows where the hell it went. Most nearby neighbors would have probably handed it over by now. Which makes me think it could be the one crappy house that wouldn't. (And if so, then not really worth trying to fight them over it since it didn't cost much, could be awkward, and if they got into it then forget it anyhow... ) I mean, why would you not give a neighbor their mail if you got it my mistake... And if opened, isn't that kind of a crime?

Just makes me almost hesitant to even order stuff now thinking it may not go to the right house...

12/9 - When the first snow seen for the season has to be measured in inches rather than just a flurry or a dusting, but you had to be at work before it even started so 30 min before sunset you leave work and have to first clean the inches so far off the car to go home... (And it's a soft top Wrangler, so that includes the roof.)

And then you're expected back in at frigging 7am, but this all might ice over by then. Um. Yeaaah... icy roads and driving on them is one of my greater fears.

12/12 - There is a special place in hell for people who shoplift with their kid in tow, and even use their kid to do it. At least for today, I kind of hope this person is hit by a truck sooner or later and the baby is adopted by better people.
Oh man. Thats the worst. A few years back I ordered the original Crisis on Infinite Earths hardcover, still sealed... the one with the error. It shipped, said it was "out for delivery" and so i was home and I waited for the mailman... He handed me the mail, no package. A bit later, the tracking number said delivered, so I called and the post office said "well it says delivered" and i explained i was handed the mail but not given any package....

Two weeks of dealing with them and checking with all the neighbors and i'd just about given up hope of getting it or a refund (not lost, tracking says delivered so post office wouldn't refund & ebay seller wouldn't refund because it showed delivered) and this little old lady knocks on the door... she had gotten it, set it down thinking it was her monthly book club book... and she opened it... and she destroyed the slipcase... and she wouldn't give me the money I had paid for it when I said she has damaged it... Called the post office & they said sue the old lady... they were not responsible (typical government workers) even though the postal worked misdelivered it... even though he admitted (on camera) to doing so by accident... he refused to make it right... so I have 2 open copies (well, of that version...)...

Anywho... hopefully your merch shows up.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:16 AM   #7888
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Any holiday with my family... we usually all meet at my Grandmother's but she is too afraid to tell the idiot cousins who smoke not to smoke in her yard (like it always was when we were growing up, people who smoked had to go to the front of the house, in the road away from everyone else on the back of the house where the porch is... ). Now the cousins just step outside the door and have their cigs and the smoke just comes right back in with them when they smoke. They all know I can't be around it due to my brain tumor but she would rather not upset them so I usually don' bother going. She doesn't want to piss them off but its okay for them to make me physically ill.... Last time I stayed almost the entire holiday, one of the idiot smokers would have a butt then come in and sit as close as possible to me. So, I just don't go if those family members are there. Went for a bit of Christmas today because of the snow, most of them weren't going to make it over and my cousin' girlfriend was the only one to say hello.
Sorry to hear that, not only your health problem but also the lack of consideration of others towards it. It's not too much to ask that they step away a little.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #7889
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Oh man. Thats the worst. A few years back I ordered the original Crisis on Infinite Earths hardcover, still sealed... the one with the error. It shipped, said it was "out for delivery" and so i was home and I waited for the mailman... He handed me the mail, no package. A bit later, the tracking number said delivered, so I called and the post office said "well it says delivered" and i explained i was handed the mail but not given any package....

Two weeks of dealing with them and checking with all the neighbors and i'd just about given up hope of getting it or a refund (not lost, tracking says delivered so post office wouldn't refund & ebay seller wouldn't refund because it showed delivered) and this little old lady knocks on the door... she had gotten it, set it down thinking it was her monthly book club book... and she opened it... and she destroyed the slipcase... and she wouldn't give me the money I had paid for it when I said she has damaged it... Called the post office & they said sue the old lady... they were not responsible (typical government workers) even though the postal worked misdelivered it... even though he admitted (on camera) to doing so by accident... he refused to make it right... so I have 2 open copies (well, of that version...)...
That sucks. I don't understand people who don't look at the name on the package... I guess if someone lives alone they might fall out of habit, but come on! In most cases, if you aren't expecting a package, just look at the damn name! Though some cruddy people probably don't even care if it was meant for them or not.

Quote:
Anywho... hopefully your merch shows up.
I hope so... Not worried about the first anymore since the company sent a replacement, though I feel bad about them having to. (Plus if someone got into it then it's too late anyhow and would have to be thrown out, so they may as well keep it. Ugh. )

The second however is one of those TMNT patches and pins. No fair. Never had an issue with USPS until now. And now I'm worried what other mail of mine or other family members, possibly with personal info, this could happen to and we don't know.

edit: So while she was out my mom stopped by the post office with my tracking number. While for the first I was not given an exact address, just told the GPS shows it scanned on our road, my mom was told for this one it was supposedly delivered to a house on a main road directly across from the exit of our road. Different road, same number. >.> Supposedly our (or a) mail person will try to get it back. Fingers crossed. Since it's been a week I'm a little afraid they just kept and/or gifted it.

Oddly, we used to know who lived there (but not closely), though I doubt it's the same people now.

----------------------------

My only grind from yesterday... Opened a bee ornament (that I do love) from my toddler nephew, to find out from my sister that his behavior toward the family Christmas tree, that apparently the other day involved shaking the damn tree, resulted in my bee ornament getting a chunk taken out if its wing.

At least my sister had it in her to go hunting online, supposedly had a heck of a time finding one of the same mold (good, I'm glad it was a challenge if she can't control her kid better...), sold on the website of a bee keeper/supplier/honey maker, and had it rushed delivered. It's pretty and a good companion for my now slightly disabled one, if not as cute as that one. But I appreciate she replaced it rather than shrugged it off like she'd often be prone to do with things anymore... (Though when told she said it had a "chip" in a wing. Luckily most of the wing is still intact, but that certainly is no chip.)

Though I may see if I can carefully secure my original one somehow so it won't break further or cut anyone and remain usable.

----------------------------

Today's grind... dumpster divers on private property. (Is that even frigging legal??)

Right soon after my mom had left I went out into the living room and see a red pickup parked blocking our driveway and some guy looking into the large dumpster sitting in our yard. (My sister and brother-in-law are building an "addition" onto the back of the house and my mom's roof just got redone at the same time.) At first I thought this was one of the work guys... but then he's picking around and some girl gets out of the trunk and they're just taking metal pipes and whatnot.

So... I grabbed my camera and recorded several clips of them. Hopefully even getting the license plate when they left.

My mom doesn't care, but I find that rather irksome to just come onto private property and do that. HAD they come to the door and asked if they might take a peek I very well may have given permission, but wtf. I find it both rude and creepy, like they must have already noticed and came back when they thought no one was home. No doubt trying to sell the stuff for money... god forbid any homeowner they take from might have wanted to do the same with what was THEIR stuff.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-26-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #7890
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Sorry to hear that, not only your health problem but also the lack of consideration of others towards it. It's not too much to ask that they step away a little.
I didn't think so either but every time I speak up the ones who smoke just shrug and say suck it up...
Old 12-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #7891
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Leatherhead is hard enough to draw.

Now I'm trying to do my depiction where he's significantly younger than usually portrayed...
Old 12-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #7892
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Something has been wrong with my Jeep lately, gradually worsening a little for the past number of weeks. Periods of being really rough/shaky, esp when sitting with foot on the break or when it starts to move forward after reversing. (After it gets going however it seems okay and drives okay. Though it's done it after breaking after a short period of driving.) Could even be sitting at a light just fine and out of nowhere it gets rough/shaky feeling for a minute. Done that two or three times. This morning, after reversing out of the driveway, it even died immediately when I shifted into drive. Not sure if the cold snap helped contribute to that, or what...

Prob get it in soon for a maintenance and a look over at the auto center at work. Just hope it's not anything major that is hurting it in the meantime. I wish I could at least figure out what is going on with it and have some kind of idea already before taking it into a shop. Brother-in-law would have previously helped out, and I'd have liked him to at least help me figure out what's up with it (lord knows he isn't expected to fix it though he's worked on it before), but he's being an asshat, so...

Bonus grind... that idiot in DeviantArt that is spamming a mass ton of Disney mashup/Photoshopped junk and including TMNT and MANY other completely unrelated properties/subjects in their fake tags in the details... and of course the report feature has no way to address it. Ugh.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-27-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #7893
Katie
Just...way too serious.

That sounds like the “pooh’s adventures of ______.” Movie poster/fan fiction garbage where Pooh and his pals meet every f:cking cartoon character the maker could think of.

Garbage.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #7894
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wouldn't bother me much if the TMNT were even involved, even if the mass amount of uploads would still be annoying, but I despise when people use unrated tags. Ya just want to see what's new on the TMNT fan front and end up having to wade through a ton of unrelated garbage.

The list of keywords is so long though, I'm not sure too many fandoms AREN'T irritated at this person now, given the comments on their page from all sorts to cut it out. lol

Grind... apparently the store is saving money and not using heat today, now that Christmas is past. And does this now that we hit this bitter cold snap. Tired of being cold. I've been cold since I left the house at 9:45 this morning... Arg.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #7895
Vegita-San
Emperor

If you're in Hollywood, Do you HAVE to be a part of this feminist movement, and act totally bat crap crazy?

Someone I went to highschool with is now cow towing to the 'you must be afraid of powerful women in charge' line just because I disliked a certain movie..and he writes for hollywood.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised if I find myself defriended now. but it's absolutely amazing how so many people in hollywood tend to tow the same line. it's almost like their media is being monitored by their bosses and they have to behave in a lemming like way.

sad
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:10 PM   #7896
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
If you're in Hollywood, Do you HAVE to be a part of this feminist movement, and act totally bat crap crazy?

Someone I went to highschool with is now cow towing to the 'you must be afraid of powerful women in charge' line just because I disliked a certain movie..and he writes for hollywood.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised if I find myself defriended now. but it's absolutely amazing how so many people in hollywood tend to tow the same line. it's almost like their media is being monitored by their bosses and they have to behave in a lemming like way.

sad
LOL. Maybe you are the one who is sad.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #7897
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Been having a crappy week so far. Got into a fight with family on Christmas, couldn't go to work for two days due to rain, fingers became swollen and extremely itchy for some reason, and barely got any hours in before my job decided to kick me to the curb.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:41 PM   #7898
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Been having a crappy week so far. Got into a fight with family on Christmas, couldn't go to work for two days due to rain, fingers became swollen and extremely itchy for some reason, and barely got any hours in before my job decided to kick me to the curb.
I'm sorry that you are currently dealing with those things, TurtleTitan. You don't/didn't deserve to go through those situations.

I wish you well.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:59 PM   #7899
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grind... How a song like this kind of falls flat at the end. I'm sure for theists it doesn't, since I'm sure that's the angle it's getting at, but if you don't believe in all that... well the end is no more of a pick me up than saying a fave fictional character would give a damn when they don't, won't, and can't.

https://youtu.be/uWKkdgyJ_NI

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a cute song and kinda relatable if you're feeling alone in the world, but if not a theist it's just... Hey, validation of a listener's feelings... oh never mind, I feel alone again, and maybe more-so, thanks.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:07 PM   #7900
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Grind... How a song like this kind of falls flat at the end. I'm sure for theists it doesn't, since I'm sure that's the angle it's getting at, but if you don't believe in all that... well the end is no more of a pick me up than saying a fave fictional character would give a damn when they don't, won't, and can't.

https://youtu.be/uWKkdgyJ_NI

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a cute song and kinda relatable if you're feeling alone in the world, but if not a theist it's just... Hey, validation of a listener's feelings... oh never mind, I feel alone again, and maybe more-so, thanks.
I'm a theist and i agree with you. I'm personally not a fan of religious songs at all, including that one for reasons you've stated.

There a few exceptions though, I love the songs from the Biblical Dreamworks films "The Prince of Egypt" and "Joseph: King of Dreams" as well as the all time legendary soundtrack of the Ten Commandments (1955) which gets across so much with no words.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote