The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 04:57 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

South Pole records coldest winter on record

https://weather.com/news/weather/vid...nus-78-degrees
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:22 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Human-induced global climate change is a real problem
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #3
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I cant wait for all the climate control freaks to say that this is too cold when in fact...its supposed to be that cold.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:23 AM   #4
Sumac
Banned

So, about that "Global Warming" fellas scared us for the last decade non-stop...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Corona Winter

Maybe because we've burned less fossil fuels during the Corona pandemic?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 10-06-2021 at 11:59 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:31 AM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"There's a hole in the ozone layer! It's going to keep growing and will DOOM us all!"

"It didn't, though. And now it's repaired."

"Global warming! Everything is going to be over if we don't change our ways in 10 years! Hah! Now that's a real inconvenient truth, right?!?!"

"But it didn't happen. Cooling happened in many cases."

"Well that's because we misspoke. It's not global warming or global cooling... it's climate change!"

"Climate change. Huh. So change in a bad way, right?"

"Probably bad! Mass extinctions and... and stuff!"

"And this is all/mostly because of mankind?"

"W-w-we think so! If we can just make some small changes in our lives then we can turn this all around, maybe! I think I read a paper that said that's what would happen. Even if mandatory monorails bring down carbon emissions by 0.0004% in 5 years that is a difference we can make!"

And so forth and so on.

An interesting fact from a lot of the data coming in is that the places that were statically cooler but now have warmed a bit, tons less are dying from cold as a result, while less and less people are dying from heat. Climate change is actually saving lives, and by the truckload apparently.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:06 PM   #7
ABrown
Banned

I think it's actually kinda fun when we get one of those "polar vortexes" every few years so so, and the high for the day is like -10 for a couple of days. As long as there's no snow, I'm fine.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:08 PM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm convinced now, yes it's all an elaborate hoax, makes sense. Let's continue polluting to save more lives. Those libtarded democRATS are so dumb with their ecology, they just want the jews to control us.

Old 10-06-2021, 01:00 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm convinced now, yes it's all an elaborate hoax, makes sense. Let's continue polluting to save more lives. Those libtarded democRATS are so dumb with their ecology, they just want the jews to control us.
Obviously you're being hyperbolic, but everything about "the libtards" IS fear-based. That's all that it is and all it has ever been. If they're not deeply afraid of climate change ending the planet in 10 years, then it's COVID doing the same thing (or whatever the virus is this year), or maybe Trump starts World War III any minute now, or your republican neighbor, or any one of a number of ridiculous scenarios they convince themselves of and becomes part of their day to day condition.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 10-06-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:34 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Fear has been used in politics forever you're being naive if you don't see the same fear when browsing breitbart. However that is irrelevant to the discussion of trying to pollute less. And the 3 biggest polluters USA/China/India are always trying to save face while not really doing anything about it since it would hurt their economies. While the countries that are being affected already are the ones doing something about it.

I think it's highly convenient for the US as a whole that it became a political issue in the last two decades. I am also convinced that most liberals are only "social media ecologists" and don't actually do much to lower their carbon foot print. Outright saying it isn't a problem is just ridiculous.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:49 PM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Fear has been used in politics forever you're being naive if you don't see the same fear when browsing breitbart.
The thing is demRATS pretend that they are nothing like the opposition and constantly accuse Republicans using fear to manipulate people, as if they are not doing it themselves.

Yes, all political forces rely on a fear, since it is the cheapest way to motivate people to do something. But one thing is an open fear-mongering, another is pretending that you are not doing it, while doing exactly this very thing. It makes the whole thing stink.

Quote:
I think it's highly convenient for the US as a whole that it became a political issue in the last two decades. I am also convinced that most liberals are only "social media ecologists" and don't actually do much to lower their carbon foot print. Outright saying it isn't a problem is just ridiculous.
The real problem is a pollution, not emissions themselves. Even if mankind is behind global climate change, it is unstoppable now and no amount of changing stuff for 0,5 % per year would cancel it or something. Especially, when you have such players as India and China, who won't cooperate with anything out of sheer stubbornness and pride.

Yeah, US trying to save face is pretty bad, but in the bigger picture it still doesn't change anything.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
The thing is demRATS pretend that they are nothing like the opposition and constantly accuse Republicans using fear to manipulate people, as if they are not doing it themselves.
It's a much bigger difference than that. With the leftists, it is always "The End of the World is near!" level fear they propagate. The right? At worst, "The left may tank the economy!" and they'd probably be right. With religion largely going away or at least sliding into the backseat, it's the leftists that've replaced the loud crazies with almost exactly the same message.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:21 AM   #13
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's a much bigger difference than that. With the leftists, it is always "The End of the World is near!" level fear they propagate. The right? At worst, "The left may tank the economy!" and they'd probably be right. With religion largely going away or at least sliding into the backseat, it's the leftists that've replaced the loud crazies with almost exactly the same message.
You're damn right....sadly.

It is ironic though, that side, that claims to be on the side of "science and logic" acts like rabid zealots, threatening "End of the World" at every opportunity, if people won't repent and join them. Almost, like Left devolved into a cult.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:36 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
You're damn right....sadly.

It is ironic though, that side, that claims to be on the side of "science and logic" acts like rabid zealots, threatening "End of the World" at every opportunity, if people won't repent and join them. Almost, like Left devolved into a cult.
Zealots is exactly the right word. Perfectly ready to eat their own for the good of the cause. You don't see that on the other side and even in the few times you may be able to point to... not even close to with this level of fervor. Maybe during an election nomination cycle and then that's it.

And I'm not even hard-posted into anything. I haven't moved anywhere ever in where I stand. I voted for Obama both times. I voted for Hillary the first time, Trump the second. I'm a Latino. My mom is still a legal immigrant from South America. I work a full time job. I'm a parent. There are big things on both sides I disagree with. If I see lunacy, then it's lunacy. It's just... lately and alarmingly only coming from one side. And very loudly.