The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Bill
Stone Warrior

1994 Farmer Donatello and his Modern Mutant Tractor

Hello Dear Dromers, back in 1994 and despite the thousands of lawsuits against Playmates after the release of 1993 Farmer Mike (lol) this “all new” Figure and Vehicle came out.

Like its predecessor, we don´t have a whole front toybox art, again Playmates show us an almost complete window toybox front with a couple of small drawings. Fortunately we still have drawings in all the rest of the toybox, and I would dare to say that there are even better than the ones used for 1993 Farmer Mike, love the Shredder cameo inside the barn, the sheep, the harvest, all looked great. By the way, could you imagine a Farmer Shredder? (No, that would be too much).

The vehicle itself was very good indeed, and the figure was also great, both were “all new” sculpt figure and vehicle (thanks Playmates for not doing a repaint job this time), full of details, love the pipe, the bird.

Again, we can say a lot of negative things about it: goofy, campy, a total lack of respect to the original turtles figures, the end of the toyline, franchise abuse, two years in a row lost forever or just an embarrasment to have or buy this. Like I said in 1993 Farmer Mike thread http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42112, I think this figure and vehicle are also reat in style, colours, sculpt, concept, I cannot say anything against it. Ok, perhaps Playmates were pulling our legs with these variants but I have seen worst Batman The Animated Series variants, believe me.

Farmer Don and his modern Mutant Tractor did not appear in the original tv series but it perfectly could have been introduced in any episode where Donatello decided to just relax in a Farm
I still haven´t found a good review on youtube of Farmer Don and his modern Mutant Tractor

Here´s featured in the 1994 Playmates toy catalogs (Photos Courtesy of VaughnMichael)

Hope you liked and thanks for reading. What do you think about this vehicle? Nice variant or same ugly mistake? Do you got it? Or do you got both like me?

Any memories you wanna share from where you bought and saw it the very first time?
Thanks for reading and for all your comments and support.

Last edited by Bill; 04-13-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
mikey0
Foot Elite

I love the illustration of the basic Shredder on the side. Toon Shredder was a better substitute for the time. '93 was the cut off for toy promotion, apparently. Farmer Don never appeared on bed sheets or in a book. The packaging is the best part of the deal for Farmer Don and his Modern Mutant Tractor. Other than that....meh. Why would Don wear those colors?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
jiggacrazy
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I love the illustration of the basic Shredder on the side. Toon Shredder was a better substitute for the time. '93 was the cut off for toy promotion, apparently. Farmer Don never appeared on bed sheets or in a book. The packaging is the best part of the deal for Farmer Don and his Modern Mutant Tractor. Other than that....meh. Why would Don wear those colors?
Why would Don wear those colors? Why the F%$& would a turtle be a dressed as a farmer?! That's probably the better question.
jiggacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggacrazy View Post
Why would Don wear those colors? Why the F%$& would a turtle be a dressed as a farmer?! That's probably the better question.
Ive gotta say ive wondered this since I was a kid. But I was thinking about this today and maybe theyre in exile/ hiding from the Foot at April's farm house, like in the mirage comics. I guess its not too far fetched to think that he threw on some old flannel and jeans while doing yard work incase any passers by got a glimpse. I'm sure thats what Playmates had in mind

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Redemption
Stone Warrior

I just dont like these farmer toys. Nothing I would want in my collection. It does not fit into the TMNT world as far as I am concerned.

You can tell playmates was out of ideas.
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
ToSte
Hench Mutant

WTF is Shredder doing? Looks like he's trapped under a pile of hay and yelling for help, but alas, Donatello cannot hear his cries over the dull roar of his tractor.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #7
HallamSpaceCadet
Random Punk

Lawsuits?

What was up with Farmer Mike other than being a hugely unpopular toy?

Last edited by HallamSpaceCadet; 04-26-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Quoting error
HallamSpaceCadet is offline   Reply With Quote