The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #281
Powder
So tired of this place

Happy to say I've made my pre-orders using money I made in part from selling off Playmates' Classics. Good riddance!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #282
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
They should pop on ebay/amazon or forbidden planet, that's where I shall get mine from.

Not willing to pay duty etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
I got my Figuarts Power Rangers (via preorder) from Amazon US direct which has options for international shipping including customs/import charges. In the end it worked out about £40-£45 each total, which I thought was quite reasonable. So I'm hoping they get in the Turtles too.

I've used Forbidden Planet in the past but found them very unreliable in terms of taking preorders as many times as the product release date arrived they'd cite a delay - usually a month, but then after that month they'd cite another month, and this would happen repeatedly sometimes. Honestly I think the "one month delay" notification is just an automatic policy they have, and they don't actually check with their supplier. Sometimes the product arrived eventually, but sometimes these "delayed by a month" excuses would go on for 6 months or so before they finally admitted they could not fulfil my order. By which time my options for purchasing the item elsewhere were more limited and/or expensive. So yeh that's my experience of Forbidden Planet preorders - unreliable.
Thanks guys - really helpful to know! Cheers!
Old 02-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #283
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Happy to say I've made my pre-orders using money I made in part from selling off Playmates' Classics. Good riddance!
NICE! I sold mine off last year. I will probably sell off some of my vinyl collection as well to make room for these. Even though they're a few dollars more, I preordered mine thru BBTS. JUST in case NECA comes out with something even more awesome, I can cancel my preorder there
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #284
Powder
So tired of this place

I think it'll be a while before we catch wind of that sorta thing, so it should work out just fine. If not, the dough will be scrounged up by any means necessary!

Old 02-16-2016, 07:12 AM   #285
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I need some experienced advice. (BigBadToyStore)

In the event that these go on sale 1 at a time and not all at once.
If I preorder all 4 of these in 1 cart, will I get charged as each goes on sale, or all at once since I preordered all 4 at once.

Thanks.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #286
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I need some experienced advice. (BigBadToyStore)

In the event that these go on sale 1 at a time and not all at once.
If I preorder all 4 of these in 1 cart, will I get charged as each goes on sale, or all at once since I preordered all 4 at once.

Thanks.
BBTS
You pay when the items arrive in their warehouse. So if they get one figure in you pay for one. And they don't charge until just before they are ready to ship item to you.
They won't charge you for pre order items all at once.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:01 AM   #287
Nasubionna
Foot Soldier

Just pre-ordered mine from Coro. Happy to support a fellow 'dromer and small business! These look so cool, these plus the amazing NECA Henson turtles... it's all so wonderful! *single tear* Good thing I have a decent job again and can afford all this!!
Nasubionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #288
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Does anyone have a good idea when these will go up on amazon?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #289
TCRI
Hench Mutant

For my UK friends: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/tee...nardo-figuarts

£65 though!!! (Converts to $93 USD wtf? *edit was actually £80... - that's $115 USD!!)

Don't know whether to bite the bullet and pre-order or wait and see if anything cheaper comes along...

Will these be in limited quantities do you think? Go out of stock any time soon? Worried I'll miss out...

Last edited by TCRI; 02-18-2016 at 04:19 PM.
TCRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #290
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Actually, now I've read some of the pre-order horror stories I might give them a miss...

Plenty of other UK shops selling SH Figuarts toys - likely some of those will have them for pre-order in the coming weeks.

I want them, just don't want to be ripped off or be waiting for months on end (and then having the order cancel on me and at that point unable to buy them from anywhere).
Old 02-18-2016, 04:40 PM   #291
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Also Clutter Mag had a pretty cool photo on their Fb earlier:

Old 02-18-2016, 05:01 PM   #292
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post
Actually, now I've read some of the pre-order horror stories I might give them a miss...

Plenty of other UK shops selling SH Figuarts toys - likely some of those will have them for pre-order in the coming weeks.

I want them, just don't want to be ripped off or be waiting for months on end (and then having the order cancel on me and at that point unable to buy them from anywhere).
What horror stories are you referring to? Do you have some unscrupulous sales guys over there in the UK?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #293
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Will these be in limited quantities do you think? Go out of stock any time soon? Worried I'll miss out...
They're definitely gonna be tricky to get a hold of, they're online exclusives from Japan, & international retailer access is very limited. I dunno if that place you're talking about is a great option or not as I'm not a UK native, but I'm sure these aren't the sort of thing you'd want to wait around too long for.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #294
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
What horror stories are you referring to? Do you have some unscrupulous sales guys over there in the UK?
:/

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...enplanet.co.uk
Old 02-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #295
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They're definitely gonna be tricky to get a hold of, they're online exclusives from Japan, & international retailer access is very limited. I dunno if that place you're talking about is a great option or not as I'm not a UK native, but I'm sure these aren't the sort of thing you'd want to wait around too long for.
Thanks mate - as soon as I see somewhere has 'sold out'/no longer available to pre-order (likely a US-based store first) I'll pre-order from anywhere, even Forbidden Planet Int.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #296
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I just read that top order, but in their defense Funko POPs are terrible to be shipped to retailers. I constantly get shorted and promised on funko products all the time- especially with star wars.
They shouldnt list as in stock unless they have them though...i get that.

I also want to speak up and agree with Powder- my sales rep said they are already close to selling out even from Bluefin which is why I increased my orders today- if you can pre-order then do it. These blew up at toy fair according to Bluefin

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:57 PM   #297
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I just read that top order, but in their defense Funko POPs are terrible to be shipped to retailers. I constantly get shorted and promised on funko products all the time- especially with star wars.

I also want to speak up and agree with Powder- my sales rep said they are already close to selling out even from Bluefin which is why I increased my orders today- if you can pre-order then do it. These blew up at toy fair according to Bluefin
Good. I hope this means the line will expand into something substantial like Mattels MOTU classics. Hopefully they also figure out a way to better distribute globally too, although Playmates probably has some hold on that because of them being in the 7" scale

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #298
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Archonia has Leo and Don up for preorder on their website.

Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:03 AM   #299
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Thanks for that info - but now I'm wondering should I pre-order all 4... or just the 2 that are more widely available...

Decisions!
Old 02-19-2016, 03:22 AM   #300
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Archonia has Leo and Don up for preorder on their website.
Many thanks Buffy!

Ah... Belgium! Never used these guys before. Are they reputable? They seem so.

Prices are in GBP
Shipping to UK about £10 via courier
Turtles are about £58 (decent price) much better than the £65/£80 at FPI

Quick links:

Leo
Don
Shipping page

I'll leave it until early next week before buying I think - see if anywhere else EU-based or closer to home pops up!