The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-24-2005, 08:26 AM   #2021
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Serebii.net has some screens of that Pokemon Dungeon game and it looks pretty cool. No idea how it'll play though.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #2022
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Chains
I love you Peanut. Alot. You just made me a happy man. Marry Me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 高橋愛
What about me? Cheating on me now? I don't wanna live anymore...
Quote:
i take it back Ai! I didn't mean it!
God I forgot how good SPAM is .
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:30 AM   #2023
Super Moderator

Spam is okay in this thread because no real mods check this thread daily. We just got the gamer mods, and we rule.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #2024
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

*passes out on keyboardddjdjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

*wakes up and wipes off drool*

Goddamn, I am never getting up on a Saturday morning again, period.

*edit*

Jesus, I just got a press release email from G4 about their Satoru Iwata interview and they misspelled his name 12 times. Satru Iwata. Fu*king imbicillic morons.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:34 PM   #2025
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
I love you Peanut. Alot. You just made me a happy man. Marry Me?
I love you too, man. I also love you Ai, so don't go and kill yourself!

Anyways, is anything interesting happening today? Cause if not I'm going the hell back to bed.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #2026
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Meh, just another boring Saturday. I'm going back to bed and sleeping til Monday....

*lays in bed with backlit SP*
Old 09-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #2027
Dinny
Stone Warrior

Japanese sales figures for the week of September 12th through the 18th. For the first time in a long time the DS is not at the top of the charts, and while the PSP came very close to dethroning the DS, it was another of Nintendo's handhelds that did it. Nintendo rules Japan.

* 1: Game Boy Micro - 170,306
* 2: Nintendo DS - 72,167
* 3: Playstation Portable - 70,152
* 4: Playstation 2 - 24,396
* 5: Game Boy Advance SP - 11,147
* 6: Game Cube - 1,882
* 7: Game Boy Advance - 624
* 8: Xbox - 109
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #2028
Peanut
Second Gear

I'd still like to know what people are buying the PSP for...I mean...what does it offer? I don't see any games worth owning on it.

P.S. TMB, why don't you ever come on and get into our conversations? Damn you! We're talking about how much we rule!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #2029
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

And the PSP's sales boost goes to the fact they tossed a White unit out, and launched their Japanese killer ap. Sad sad PSP.

Does anyone else thing it's hilarious that it was beaten out fifteen year old technology?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #2030
Super Moderator

I wonder why people buy the PSP, too. In order to get a real use out of it, you have to buy a 1gb card for videos and mp3's, and that's another bunch of cash out of your pocket. It seems too expensive, and that's not even counting the games, which are terrible, anyway. I dunno. I guess people like it for something, and I'm not going to fault them for it.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #2031
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

PSP - $250
Sony 1Gig Stick - $125.00
One Game - $49.95
Spare Battery - $42.99

Total: $467.94

All that money to watch fu*king videos that Sony won't allow you to encode at full resolution. Ridge Racer is great, but it only goes so far.

If I wasn't a damn collector, I'd sell the fu*king thing, but there's nothing to buy at the moment so whatever. And I repeat, you CAN NOT ply fighting games to any extent on this D-Pad. I put Street Fighter in my SP and kicked the whole game's ass on the highest Turbo setting. I put Darkstalkers in my PSP and can't even throw a damn fireball. It's a crippled mess. Period. Not even good for watching videos (which would be great if not for the resolution limit.) Oh, and fu*k overpriced UMD's also. Too big as an Mp3 player (Game Boy Micro wins that one). No good games (DS wins that one)

I see no use for the thing until it gets good games, and quite frankly, I think the steam is running out. It had the gadget people's attention, but that's fading fast. By the time Mario Kart comes out, it's going to be a bitch slap fest for Sony. By the time PS3, and those Chibi Mega Man games hit, there will be three words in people's minds....

Sega Nomad 2.

I gave the thing a fair chance, but as of yet, it has failed to impress me whatsoever outside of Ridge Racer, which I admit is absoultely stunning, but that's not enough. DS had a drought, but came out of it with flying colors. PSP stagnated.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #2032
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Well I'll be damned. mario won the Gamefags character battle. He beat Chrono.

Satan will need a jacket this winter.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #2033
Peanut
Second Gear

He sure did. I probably should have mentioned it. Link also won the Tournament of Champions. The ToC went like this:

Mario vs Cloud
Cloud
vs ---------- Link
Link
Link vs Sephiroth

I'd like to know how an NPC like Sephiroth won the Character Battle, I think last year, anyways. He isn't even cool. Of course, it probably had a lot to do with no other Square characters being in the tournament after Mario clobbered Crono and Link whooped Cloud. That left Sephiroth all alone and the Square fan-boys took it upon themselves to alert every FF community they could to vote for Sephiroth, who still barely won. They did the same thing for Cloud this year.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #2034
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Only this year the Nintendo fanbase seems a bt more raring to fight than others, so Mario won. Good to know they kicked all those little Square fanboy's asses this year. Most of those little turds think that FFVII was the first Final Fantasy or refuse to admit that there were more before it. Hell, some I talk to think the Playstation was the first console. Those who are intelligent fanboys (eg. over the age of 14) seem to believe Square is the right hand of God and must go about their daily life in a Cloud costume.

Don't get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy with a passion, but those annoying little fanboy turds annoy the sh*t out of me and I enjoy seeing them get knocked down a notch every so often.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #2035
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Ok, I STILL haven't seen a backlit SP, but I found the OLD SP with The Original Series Zelda game packed in. Pretty sweet deal, but I'll hold off...
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:34 PM   #2036
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Ok, I STILL haven't seen a backlit SP, but I found the OLD SP with The Original Series Zelda game packed in. Pretty sweet deal, but I'll hold off...
That totally sucks, they had a whole bunch at a couple of my stores. Did you try out a Walmart? I haven't seen them in EB or anything, but they've been in other stores that carry games.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #2037
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Yeah, I've been to about 3 Walmarts and 2 EB games.(Within a 2 day time period) Maybe they just haven't hit here yet. *waits impatiently*
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:19 PM   #2038
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Hey, question for you MP guys...

I love the game. I can beat it on hard with the 'hint's' turned off. blah blah blah. But that's not enough. I'm getting into the whole sequence breaking stuff now.

here's the question: Has anyone been able to do the dash-jump trick to get the space jump at the begining of the game? From what I understand, you scan something out of range, dash, let go of the scanning, then jump. I tried it for 30 minutes tonight, can just coulden't get it to work. any tips? am i even doing it right?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #2039
Super Moderator

I've done it plenty of times. Yeah, you scan some brush that's out of range, hold it down, make sure you're at the bottom right part of the ship, do the side dash, then let go of the scanning, and turn yourself to the right. You should land on a platform and you can access the Space Jump Boots. It's pretty easy. You should watch a speed run of someone doing it in order to fully understand how to do it.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:35 PM   #2040
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Just did it. So freakin sweet. This game just got upped on my favorites list.