The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2015, 06:54 AM   #41
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
TBF to TigerClaw, I kinda attribute that to how he tends to post something official. So when he posts something that looks straight out of Deviantart, tumblr, etc. people will confuse it as official.
It's interesting that both myself and TigerClaw reposted the Twitter link and neither of us said there was any confirmation it was official art from a new show. Rather, we both just wondered if it might be.

And multiple people on this thread just see the picture and assume an official character model for a new spin-off show.

READ, internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post

I saw this today courtesy of tOkKa, looks like the official channel of one of the Nick animators. Maybe it's a tease for the O'Neil Files?
https://twitter.com/nasuslee_/status...302720/photo/1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Interesting, could this be what she will look like in this spin-off?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #42
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
What is going on.....? What is literally going on.....? Don't they know that this will be a bad idea?
Alright explain then how it's a bad idea.

I'd say it can work if not overdone, about time we learn more history on the characters. I'd personally would love a special on the Mutanimals, the Splinter and Shredder rivalry in more detail, and possibly a Casey story.

Okay, now I'm pushing it. In all seriousness, not a bad idea for a concept, just Tim Hill seems a bit concerning. He did do Rocko and Spongebob, two of the best of Nickelodeon though in Bob's case now one of the worst. That and with the Garfield film.... this might be either hit or miss in the writing department. I will admit though the fan art is decent.

Overall, I'm personally mixed on this. The idea has potential and it can configure for future character specials hopefully, but the writer is where I'm personally worried about. Guess we'll have to wait and see until more news is released.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #43
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sounds like it could be interesting as we can learn more about her. But I really hope the Turtles will be in it, too, and it won't just be about April herself. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:31 AM   #44
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Don't get me wrong. I am NOT against the art style. In, fact I actually think it looks beautiful. I just don't think April needs this much attention.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:41 AM   #45
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
Don't get me wrong. I am NOT against the art style. In, fact I actually think it looks beautiful. I just don't think April needs this much attention.
Ok, so you're saying you don't want her to get character development. So, it's a bad idea to have a spin-off based on the thing the show's lacking in. 87 April was always mutated and was just a damsel in distress, that's hardly any character development if I say so myself.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:44 AM   #46
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Sarah Jane Adventures was terrible. You'd actually want that?
Yup. I'll be the first to admit having serious issues with the series, but if this April O'Neil project can match or surpass its basic decency, imagination, character- and world-building, and ability to actually carry an emotional beat, then it will be exponentially better and far more worthwhile than the current Nick cartoon.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.

Last edited by The Big Bad; 08-29-2015 at 10:05 AM.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #47
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Eh, not really all that invested in April for a spin-off. Could be interesting though.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #48
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Okay.

So, my initial response was full of disapproval for the possible spin-off. Since I have calmed down though, I think I can express my response more clearly.

At first, I didn't know what to think when it came to this announcement. I was mixed with shock, disapproval, and optimism. But after I calmed down, I began to...warm up to it. The art style is really beautiful, and the director must know what he is doing, since he has had experience with making all kinds of shows.

I really hope this project will work out in the end. I really do.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:35 AM   #49
neatoman
Emperor

So there's no word on what the set-up or plot is? Just a title and a possible design for April? That's not a very good sign...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #50
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So there's no word on what the set-up or plot is? Just a title and a possible design for April? That's not a very good sign...
Why would there be a plot synopsis when they probably only just started this project recently? For all we know they're still writing out the story.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #51
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Why would there be a plot synopsis when they probably only just started this project recently? For all we know they're still writing out the story.
I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in 2017.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #52
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Interesting, could this be what she will look like in this spin-off?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNet80NUEAAJhUT.jpg
If this is real....(Which I kinda doubt...)

How old will she be in the spinoff? She looks a little older here...(but she couldn't be since she's wearing the same clothes...)
Old 08-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #53
jenna
Mad Scientist

i honestly don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand it might be interesting. On the other, it kinda smacks of a character that has been increasingly eclipsing the turtle characters for 3 seasons and needs her own spin-off so as to eclipse them further but in an environment where fans can't complain about lack of screen time for the turtles.

Maybe giving April her own showcase will shift some of the focus in TMNT from her and back onto the turtles?

I guess it'll be a case of "wait and see".
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #54
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
If this is real....(Which I kinda doubt...)

How old will she be in the spinoff? She looks a little older here...(but she couldn't be since she's wearing the same clothes...)
Who says she couldn't wear a different sized version of her clothes?
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #55
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurFlytle View Post
Who says she couldn't wear a different sized version of her clothes?
well she looks like 18-19....I don't know...I feel like that's the time to change clothes XD (since they look exactly the same)
Old 08-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #56
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
i honestly don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand it might be interesting. On the other, it kinda smacks of a character that has been increasingly eclipsing the turtle characters for 3 seasons and needs her own spin-off so as to eclipse them further but in an environment where fans can't complain about lack of screen time for the turtles.

Maybe giving April her own showcase will shift some of the focus in TMNT from her and back onto the turtles?

I guess it'll be a case of "wait and see".
I have been noticing in the last half of season 3 an unusual lack of screen time for April. Currently, her character doesn't have much to do, so that could be why. But maybe the writers chose to particularly not give her character much to do in season 3, as a big complaint in season 2 was the large amount of focus on her. Even Donatello's crush on her has been majorly downplayed lately.
Seriously, what is the last major thing April has done for the plot? I may be forgetting something big, but I only recall her returning Splinter to sanity in Return to New York. Of the last ten or so episodes, she hasn't been in Attack of the MegaShredder (if I remember right, but that episode is rapidly fading from my memory), Tale of Yokai, Turtles in Time, Meet Mondo Gecko, Clash of the Mutanimals,
Casey Jones vs. the Underworld, Battle for New York 1 & 2 (?), and the majority of Vision Quest or the Pig and the Rhino.
Maybe her lack of screen time is due to complaints & partly they are trying to minimize her focus in the original show to validate her for a spin-off/special.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie

Last edited by OrangeNinja1987; 08-29-2015 at 04:12 PM.
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #57
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Actually, April WAS in Attack of the Mega Shredder (she and Casey both helped pilot the turtle mech), Casey Jones Vs. the Underworld (short bit, but still), and Battle for New York (both parts) as well. She was also in Vision Quest, though she and Casey were only in that episode for a couple of scenes at the beginning and end. She wasn't in Tale of the Yokai or Turtles in Time, but that's because both of those were set in the past.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #58
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

We're getting an April spin-off? Didn't we already get one that was released on August 8th, 2014?
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:31 PM   #59
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

The title alone sounds intriguing. I'll be checking this out for sure, and hope that it does well. I'd like to see her making a name for herself and delving into her family history if they're picking up plot threads from the 2012 series. Too soon to tell though, so I guess I'll have to be patient. Man, I hate waiting.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #60
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Maybe the project will try to focus on her school life.

Tags
april o'neil, cybercubedthinksdeep, spin-off