The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #21
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Turtles Forever oddly brought me a sense of closure to my die-hard fan sensibilities. It was like, as soon as credits rolled, I felt like my era of TMNT was over, and I was able to let go and loosen up for whatever the future held for the franchise.

Soon after was the Nick sale and the PD movies... I would have been a lot less open minded about them had it not been for the sense of closure Turtles Forever gave me. I'll always have my TMNT, which begins with the Mirage Comics and ends with Turtles Forever. Everything after that (the Nick toon, the PD movies, the IDW comics...) I'm pretty lax about "getting it right."

So yeah, I'll always be grateful for Turtles Forever. It was the final chapter I didn't know I wanted
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:58 PM   #22
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You're in luck, because we're getting another big crossover soon.
As Mikey might say. THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!!.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:36 PM   #23
mikey22
Stone Warrior

99.9% loved this

.1 percent. Mikey old turtle cant live up a sewer cover! cmon now
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #24
Rise1184
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Turtles Forever oddly brought me a sense of closure to my die-hard fan sensibilities. It was like, as soon as credits rolled, I felt like my era of TMNT was over, and I was able to let go and loosen up for whatever the future held for the franchise.

Soon after was the Nick sale and the PD movies... I would have been a lot less open minded about them had it not been for the sense of closure Turtles Forever gave me. I'll always have my TMNT, which begins with the Mirage Comics and ends with Turtles Forever. Everything after that (the Nick toon, the PD movies, the IDW comics...) I'm pretty lax about "getting it right."

So yeah, I'll always be grateful for Turtles Forever. It was the final chapter I didn't know I wanted
This is pretty much how I felt! Thank you for sharing

"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #25
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I still have a soft spot for that crossover; it more or less redeems Back to the Sewer and the worst aspects of Fast Forward.

Slick character/environment designs all around, a surprisingly cool story, and one last roundup for the 4Kids gang. The only thing I could almost see as a flaw is not having the original FW vocal cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #26
chrisr291
Random Punk

The treatment of the 80's Turtles bugged me, but I don't think it was a bad movie overall. My favorite incarnation is the comic version so watching them dominate the 80 and 2k series put a smile on my face
chrisr291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr291 View Post
The treatment of the 80's Turtles bugged me, but I don't think it was a bad movie overall. My favorite incarnation is the comic version so watching them dominate the 80 and 2k series put a smile on my face
Agreed. I loved the scene especially where 2K3 Raphael falls in love with the Mirage Universe but then the Mirage turtles put him in his place.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #28
AquaParade
Banned

This movie speaks harder to me now that some time has passed and we can look back on that era of tmnt being truly over, with some perspective.

I still don't enjoy watching it, or even think it's partciularly well done, but it is a nice idea for longtime fans and the ending with Peter and Kevin is a great touch.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #29
eskater
Foot Soldier

I have nostalgia for this for plenty of reasons, I actually saw this movie for the first time overseas bootleg DVD. I didn't even know if was coming out due to limited access to the internet (I was just finding out about the Nick Turtles too). Not to mention I did grow up with the FW cartoon and did enjoy the 4kids Turtles (until the later seasons went off the rails). Plus for me it was the first time I saw an incarnation of the TMNT reference a multiverse for the turtles.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #30
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I watched it again recently and I think it's still a good film. Didn't like the way the 80s Turtles were portrayed but thought their replacement voice actors were decent enough. It was nice to see the 80s cast again for the first time in decades and awesome to see the Mirage Turtles in animated form. It was a great love letter to fans.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote