Humans 10 50.00%
Mutants/Monsters 8 40.00%
Others 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Do you prefer the turtles fighting Humans or Mutants/Monsters

Me personally I find the fight choreography to be at its best when the Turtles fight humans, you really get a sense of two martial artist fighting with each other while not only using their strength but also their wit.
So what do you prefer
Old 10-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well obviously I prefer the Turtles fighting the Foot (and human Foot more than the robot versions), as well as human gangsters/mobsters that appear in virtually every incarnation.

However the Turtles also fight mutants, monsters, aliens and robots countless times in every series, even the comics. Usually if it isn't a human enemy it's a mutant, some kind of monster or creature, or the various aliens they fight...or just robots.

Mirage is filled with this stuff too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I prefer the turtle fighting humans and humanoid mutants like Bebop and Rocksteady as opposed to animalistic ones.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

"Other"

I like the extra-dimensional/mystical sorts best of all, I think.

When it comes to actual fight scene visuals/choreography, of course the ninja vs. ninja kung-fu stuff is coolest.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I prefer the Turtles fighting humans, but I do like seeing them fight mutants or monsters every now and then.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #6
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Humans make good canon fodder/mook fights, but other mutants , aliens, and mystical creatures make things more interesting. If it were just humans all the time, I'd probably lose interest.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #7
ABrown
Banned

Like I said in the "Do You Enjoy The Turtles Fighting Traditional Monsters" thread, I don't care who the turtles are fighting so long as said version is well produced and entertaining.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

In most episodes of the 1987-1996 series, they go up against one human, two (former human) mutants and one extraterrestrial. Accompanied by some robots to hack and slash! Can you ask for more?

I prefer a mix.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest the Turtles don't really have many recurring human enemies outside Shredder, Foot Soldiers, Karai, Hun and then random gangsters/mobsters.

Everyone else is either a mutant, alien, or robot. Even Baxter turns into a cyborg or fly 90% of the time.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:25 PM   #10
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I think really the key is balance. I like my TMNT to have a pretty even split between common criminals and crooks, sci-fi shenanigans, and mystical, magical matters. That's the trifecta that all TMNT series need to have, in my opinion. They fight gangs and criminal organizations, go to space and other dimensions, and interact with other mutants, aliens, gods, monsters, spooks, spirits, and whatever else they happen to come across.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Which is why I find it bizarre when some people complain the Turtles are fighting too many aliens, mutants, robots, or mystical/magical creatures or whatever.

It's almost like some people forget TMNT is based on sci-fi. You get into a sci-fi franchise, what did you expect? Literally the only "down to earth" aspect is Shredder and the Foot Clan, and even then everything else is based on science fiction.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #12
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Literally the only "down to earth" aspect is Shredder and the Foot Clan.
And street punks, as well as gangsters.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, that's also why I like it when gangsters/mobsters show up. Every TMNT cartoon and comic series always has "the mob" show up at some point, and I always enjoy those episodes.

I like seeing the Turtles fight organized crime. "We gonna pump you Turtles full of hot lead! It's curtains for you!"
Old 10-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The only human is Shredder but even he got ruined somewhat (2k3 being a robot controlled by Utrom *yuck*, and Nick got him mutated but at least it's at the end). So OT Shredder is GOAT.

But overall, I reckon a good balance of the two should do well.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #15
Overlord

Shredder in the original film series is a good down to Earth element. It's a shame it was never balanced with Krang, Utroms or Triceratons in the second film.

Other great down to Earth element that balances the science fiction are human April and Irma.

When it comes to Casey Jones, I prefer him just for down to Earth-stories with street criminals and gangsters. Seing him taking down characters like Triceratons is unnecessary.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #16
pferreira
Foot Elite

I went with mutants and monsters because their extra strength and power makes them more a danger.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:49 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

I guess mutants and aliens. vs. human fights are only good if said humans are as skilled as the Turtles... like the Foot and Shredder for example. That's why I don't like when the Turtles face a random middle aged mad scientist that's out of shape and could never stand his ground against the Turtles in a fair fight. That happened often in the FW series. I know it's a cartoon but the Turtles having close calls against a ****ING TOY CREATOR(Michelangelo Toys Around), a nerd who goes by the name Swatter and a mad Wax collector fanboy is kind of insulting to the Turtles and to the viewers. Oh and Donatello getting outsmarted by a family of hicks is also insulting. All the things mentioned here would be equivalent to The Rock losing against Hornswoggle or something. It makes the Turtles look foolish and not so good fighters. The FW series had this habit of making the Turtles underperform against physically inferior opponents, which was odd since they'd take down Shredder, Krang and Bebop and Rocksteady rather easily in most episodes.

At least against monsters, aliens, etc. they're usually facing a creature with superior physical strength and/or technology, making it realistic for them to struggle against them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote