The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #1
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

How Should the Turtles Wear Their Weapons?

What is your preferred manner in which the TMNT wear their weapons on their belts or store their weapons when not in use? Or do you even have a preference?

The way the weapons are carried on the belts provides an important visual element to each turtle.

Okay most incarnations have Raph and Mikey wearing their weapons on the front of their belts while Leo and Don wear theirs in back.

My preference is:

LEO: the Mirage version... 2 scabbards next to each other over Leo's right shoulder.

Donnie: the shoulder strap over the right shoulder with a holster/loop to hold his bo.

Mikey: I like some kind of loops or straps on the front of Michelangelo's belt to hold each "chuck" in place.

Raph: the 1990 movie belt with those loops for his twin sai was perfect.

I DO NOT LIKE when they are just tucked between the plastron and the belt.

When storing their weapons they should keep them together on a wall of their lair when not in use.

What say you guys?

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 10-19-2017 at 02:09 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I really like the holsters Mikey have in IDW for his nunchaku. I'm a bit indifferent when it comes to Donnie and Raph. Storing a whole bo in your belt is a bit silly, but when you need both hands I guess you make due.

Leo on the other hand... visually, having his swords on the same side looks better, but. Drawing swords from your back is near-impossible and having a shell would make it even harder, so Leo really should have the swords on a separate belt loop so that he can have them on his back and when action calls he can easily take them off and set the swords to his left hip so he can draw properly.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not too much preference. Only thing that bugs me really is that '87 Leo just has them tucked into the back of his belt, no strap, and doesn't have scabbards, so he looks like he's constantly at risk of slicing open the backs of his thighs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
When storing their weapons they should keep them together on a wall of their lair when not in use.
Heck, I want to see them store them more often. Too often they're still just wearing them around at home in some versions. Geeze, you're home! Relax!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I like it most when the turtles walk around holding their weapons, even if they are not using them.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

I kinda like the look of Leonardo with hip-stored swords but I don't know if that look is really consistent with ninja training / use of ninjato.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You would think maybe he would want to wear them in a more traditional way.

Although, given that he's often traversing city rooftops and they have to jump from one building to another (and other obstacles), maybe having them more secured on his back the way he wears them makes sense for him. Loose at his hip might be a liability in that regard.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #7
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not too much preference. Only thing that bugs me really is that '87 Leo just has them tucked into the back of his belt, no strap, and doesn't have scabbards, so he looks like he's constantly at risk of slicing open the backs of his thighs.[/I]
In season 1, he had mini holsters for his katanas. As did Mikey and Donnie for their nunchucks and bo staff respectively. From season 2 onwards, they got rid of said holsters. No idea why, though

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I like it most when the turtles walk around holding their weapons, even if they are not using them.
But how is that practical at all?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:31 AM   #9
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

As mentioned before I think its practical to have them store their weapons in their respective quarters or store them together hanging on a wall, but there is an aesthetic delight in watching the TMNT carry their weapons around in their belts all the freaking time. It just looks neat! But not practical at all.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #10
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

They are ninja, and a ninja's life is short and difficult. They have many enemies and must always be ready to fight, obviously.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #11
pferreira
Foot Elite

I don't mind as long as that particular iteration does it consistently otherwise it's jarring to watch.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

Aesthetically speaking, I was always partial to Leonardo's Playmates inspired X-straps. & Mike's gun-like nunchuck holsters are cool as heck. Beyond those, I don't have any real opinions on the subject.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:08 AM   #13
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

The more I think about it, I actually like Leo's swords to be in stored in scabbards that have the "X" formation on his back. More practical and it makes a great visual compared to the "//" version.