The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 06:34 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Time for Rise of the TMNT subforum

We're getting more and more new threads, as more about about the Rise of the TMNT series is revealed to public, it's time for the series to get its own subforum.

Also, maybe the MWS series subforum should not be called "general TMNT" anymore.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
Ninjinister
無問題

There is no MWS subforum. General TMNT is for everythimg TMNT that isn't covered by the other parts of the forum.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

But what I want more now is a Rise of the TMNT subforum.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

To talk about what? John Cena? We don't even know what they look like yet.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To talk about what? John Cena? We don't even know what they look like yet.
John Cena, April O'Neil as an African-American teenager, and Raphael being a hulking Bayturtles brute.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
We're getting more and more new threads, as more about about the Rise of the TMNT series is revealed to public, it's time for the series to get its own subforum.

Also, maybe the MWS series subforum should not be called "general TMNT" anymore.
You are so impatient.

There is only just 1 thread with all the news about the new show in it, there is no other threads apart from the April one with that picture that turned out to be fake.

Anyway it's up to Krang and the Mods to decide if this needs a subforum, and we got about 8 months until the new show starts, so be patient.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ask Krang to make a new forum. He made the Nick section around early 2012 before Nick show came.

Definitely when we get designs and trailers we should get a new forum for Rise.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
Chris
Mad Scientist

Not got strong feelings either way but is there any reason why the Nick board can’t be used for all Nick cartoons? Judging by the 2K3 boards it’s not like the Nick/2K12 board will be generating a lot of new conversations if Rise gets its own forum so why not just keep using this one for all Nick discussion?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #9
sdp
-

So April will look like Kat, Baron like Cena and Raph like bayturtles ?
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Not got strong feelings either way but is there any reason why the Nick board can’t be used for all Nick cartoons? Judging by the 2K3 boards it’s not like the Nick/2K12 board will be generating a lot of new conversations if Rise gets its own forum so why not just keep using this one for all Nick discussion?
Yeah I agree, The 2012 toon discussion threads will just be pushed back when the new show starts. So I think it's pointless doing a sub forum

If they want to look up old threads from 2012 show, they can just use the search bar. If they want to talk about the old show they can still create a new thread, it's not going to get confused with the new show, as long as they don't make the title confusing.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Unlike the case of the PD subforum which would've clogged a the tmnt movie forum which started in 1999, threads on the Nick forum won't be overshadowed by discussion of Rise since the Nick forum started in 2012 and doesn't have too many threads.

I'd say keep it how it is.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #12
sdp
-

Rise will be cancelled after 1 season because no one will be able to grasp the awesomeness of magical TMNT fighting full metal alchemist mutants in mystic NYC with Baxter's daughter.

A shame.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #13
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Rise will be cancelled after 1 season because no one will be able to grasp the awesomeness of magical TMNT fighting full metal alchemist mutants in mystic NYC with Baxter's daughter.

A shame.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #14
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The meet the voice cast video did offer the titles of two of the episodes because you can see one is over Omar’s shoulder and later zoomed in on in the video. While Brandon Mychal Smith flashes the other title at the camera at a couple of points in the video.

These titles are for episode 10 and 11 respectively.

10 is titled Mutant Melee

11 is titled Fast and the Furriest

Last edited by victory_angel; 01-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah I agree, The 2012 toon discussion threads will just be pushed back when the new show starts. So I think it's pointless doing a sub forum

If they want to look up old threads from 2012 show, they can just use the search bar. If they want to talk about the old show they can still create a new thread, it's not going to get confused with the new show, as long as they don't make the title confusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Unlike the case of the PD subforum which would've clogged a the tmnt movie forum which started in 1999, threads on the Nick forum won't be overshadowed by discussion of Rise since the Nick forum started in 2012 and doesn't have too many threads.

I'd say keep it how it is.
Another vote for just using this one as is.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:49 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Each new TMNT series should have its own forum. The only reason the comic section is all the same is because Mirage/Archie are over and there's not much to discuss about them besides reprints.

Rise of the TMNT is not Nick's Ciro's 2012 series. From what we know so far the 2018 is shaping up vastly different and I don't want it confused with the 2012 one.

We should definitely have a new Rise forum. It's known as the rules of the road and the laws of the land. It's just the natural order of things.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Not at all, just because it's also made by Nick doesn't mean it shouldn't get a new forum. This forum will stay for the 2012 cartoon, and Rise should have its own forum.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
We're getting more and more new threads
You sure? Not including this one...I count three. And one has sat cold for about two weeks.

Sure, it needs it at some point in the coming months (unless other are right and it works as is) and may very well get it, but personally I don't really see too much of a rush on a subforum until we at least start getting a wealth of new info, starting with the Turtle designs. What designs have we even seen... The logo, not-actually-'Rise'-Donnie, and not-April.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #19
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To talk about what? John Cena?
Ha, I'd rather talk about that hot piece of @$$ that he's engaged to.

But to answer the question, no. A separate forum is definitely NOT necessary at this time. On TFW2005, Prime and Robots in Disguise still share a sub-forum.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #20
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You sure? Not including this one...I count three. And one has sat cold for about two weeks.

Sure, it needs it at some point in the coming months (unless other are right and it works as is) and may very well get it, but personally I don't really see too much of a rush on a subforum until we at least start getting a wealth of new info, starting with the Turtle designs. What designs have we even seen... The logo, not-actually-'Rise'-Donnie, and not-April.
We’ve sort of seen the titles of two of the episodes

Episode 10 Mutant Melee and Episode 11 The Fast and the Furriest