The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Riddle of the Ancient Aeons
Leo hugging Raph, now we need Donnie to hug Raph next. 12 19.05%
Fugitoid murdering a Triceraton 17 26.98%
Donnie and Casey having a gap tooth arguement 5 7.94%
"Don’t make me smack you! You see this? This is my smacking hand! 27 42.86%
Yikes!!! Raph could of killed Mikey 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #41
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

IGN's review is up, and they gave this episode an 8.0
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...t-aeons-review
Old 01-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #42
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
IGN's review is up, and they gave this episode an 8.0
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...t-aeons-review
Already posted it on page 2.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #43
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

All we need now is another poll.

I'm still not understanding why the Turtles have been horrible in combat outside writing for plot plots. I can understand if the planet's atmosphere affecting their minds and focus, but how do they struggle this poorly? It's beyond a repetitious point in the series, they should have grown in combat by now, not be reduced in skill when time calls for it.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #44
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
All we need now is another poll.

I'm still not understanding why the Turtles have been horrible in combat outside writing for plot plots. I can understand if the planet's atmosphere affecting their minds and focus, but how do they struggle this poorly? It's beyond a repetitious point in the series, they should have grown in combat by now, not be reduced in skill when time calls for it.
Yeah I'll add one, when I can think of some catorgorys.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #45
Vicky82
Emperor

Just re watched it and you do see Fugitoid putting his arm back on.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #46
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Pretty great episode. I wonder if Donnie's last comment and April looking at that fragment of the Soul Star is gonna serve as some sort of foreshadowing?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:47 PM   #47
TLP
Hench Mutant

Somehow I knew they wouldn't get the black hole generator piece in time. *laughs maniacally*

ALL HOPE IS LOST, TURTLES! You lose AGAIN!

Yeah I know there's two more pieces left but damn, black holes are cool.

Last edited by TLP; 01-10-2016 at 02:55 PM.
TLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #48
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

This episode was ok for me. Didn't overly love it but didn't dislike it either.

But I enjoyed how some of the arguments brought up old insecurities and grudges like jealousy, bullying and favouritism.

The gap tooth one was a bit silly but Raph picking on Mikey, Leo pointing out Casey's lack of thought/sensitivity, Raph being jealous of Leo for being a daddy's boy, Leo accusing Raph of being jealous, I felt like we've dug a bit deeper into the guys.

The Leo vs Raph thing gets played out a lot but usually Raphael is all about 'why does he get to be leader', he's never really outwardly said it's because he feels Leo is the favourite child. That's a pretty strong accusation, regardless of the planets influence on their moods.

I thought the hug thing was a bit much though. Something to appease all the nutty shippers. Felt awkward.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #49
Vicky82
Emperor

This is one of those episodes you have to re watch a few times to understand whats happening.

There was Foreshadowing when Mozar said to his soldiers that he would throw them into the Tri Arena.

Last edited by Vicky82; 01-10-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #50
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Yeah since we'll see an episode of the Turtles in that arena pretty soon.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #51
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Excuse me but... am I the only one who thinks that the "intensity" of this episode is getting played up a bit much? I mean, yeesh, I can see where they were trying to go with this idea, and they kept bringing up great possibilities for character interactions (such as Leo and Raph, Raph and Mikey, or Donnie and Casey). The small interactions we did get were great and all, but I feel like this episode would've been hella better had they expanded upon these ideas more.

Do you realize how long I've waited for Mikey to go off on Raph the way he did in this episode? I thought that was going to make for a very emotional and powerful scene later in the episode, but we got nothing more. We got like 5 seconds of Mikey calling Raph out for all the torment he's caused him, and then... OOPS! Exposition! The story! (Which, by god, is not interesting at all. Gave up on it a few eps ago).

Raph going off on Leo? Um, YES! And when this interaction is actually happening, Raph says all the right words to Leo, it feels very genuine! For a whole 3 seconds. I mean, this should've happened earlier in the episode, so Raph and Leo could have a hard time talking to each other for most of the episode, and then have a powerful scene near the end where they make up. Had Brandon been on his usual game, he would've probably done something like that.

I mean, I see where they're trying to go with this episode, but all the interactions are so beyond rushed for them to have any sort of impact that the episode just falls flat on its face. (And the Leo/Raph hug was such an obvious ripoff of The Invasion, it might as well have punched me in the face. Not to mention that the interaction is, again, so rushed, that it comes clear out of nowhere. Had they done more with the idea, then the hug would've been heartwarming, but here, it just comes clean out of nowhere).

But hey, that's just me. Apparently a lot of people really enjoyed this episode, but this is just my two cents (as usual).
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #52
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Excuse me but... am I the only one who thinks that the "intensity" of this episode is getting played up a bit much? I mean, yeesh, I can see where they were trying to go with this idea, and they kept bringing up great possibilities for character interactions (such as Leo and Raph, Raph and Mikey, or Donnie and Casey). The small interactions we did get were great and all, but I feel like this episode would've been hella better had they expanded upon these ideas more.

Do you realize how long I've waited for Mikey to go off on Raph the way he did in this episode? I thought that was going to make for a very emotional and powerful scene later in the episode, but we got nothing more. We got like 5 seconds of Mikey calling Raph out for all the torment he's caused him, and then... OOPS! Exposition! The story! (Which, by god, is not interesting at all. Gave up on it a few eps ago).
I loved that Mikey stuck up for himself when Raph was picking on him but it was just the evil planet influence on him.

When Raph accidentally smashed Mikey's helmet you could see Raph was concerned for Mikey and I was hoping for a little bro moment between them, like a hug or an apology but sadly there wasn't.

I'm hoping we are going to have some more of Raph and Mikey interaction in the next episode, with the Turtles going into Mikey's mind, so we probably see some of Mikey's memories of Raph picking on Mikey and some brotherly moments between them when they were younger.

Last edited by Vicky82; 01-10-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Cool visuals, but average episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #54
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I guess that ending explains why Brandon Auman was so surprised when I asked him if we would have a Dark April plot months ago.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #55
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I guess that ending explains why Brandon Auman was so surprised when I asked him if we would have a Dark April plot months ago.
Let's just hope it's actually a f*cking plot this time, rather than written off as some filler episode, unlike... well, you know.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:35 PM   #56
aliena
Hench Mutant

I really liked this episode, but so far I've like all of them this season. I really thought for sure that this would be when Raph blamed someone for chipping his plastron, but maybe they are saving that for later.

Is this the actual first time that any Raph admitted to Leo that he was jealous of him because he felt Splinter loved him more? I never recall him saying it before, but I very likely could be wrong.

Why is it that they feel it's okay to kill off Triceratons so easily? I mean, that's the second one we saw die, and they have never killed off anyone before. Admittedly it was Fugitoid who did the killing.

April has grown on me a lot this season. She is finally acting like April and not some whiny brat.

I of course loved Leo telling Raph that he loved him. I think they were going to fight, but when their bodies met in the hug they snapped out of it. That's when Leo fought the anger back and said he loved him to snap Raph out of it. It did work like a charm. Is that the first time any of them actually said they loved the other out loud? Maybe Mikey has said it before to someone. Was way too short a scene though.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #57
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
I really liked this episode, but so far I've like all of them this season. I really thought for sure that this would be when Raph blamed someone for chipping his plastron, but maybe they are saving that for later.
I'm crossing my fingers that Raphs chipped plastron will get mentioned in the next episode.

Quote:
Is this the actual first time that any Raph admitted to Leo that he was jealous of him because he felt Splinter loved him more? I never recall him saying it before, but I very likely could be wrong.
Yeah it is the first time.

Quote:
I of course loved Leo telling Raph that he loved him. I think they were going to fight, but when their bodies met in the hug they snapped out of it. That's when Leo fought the anger back and said he loved him to snap Raph out of it. It did work like a charm. Is that the first time any of them actually said they loved the other out loud? Maybe Mikey has said it before to someone. Was way too short a scene though.
Yeah this is also the first time the Turtles have said "I love you"

Old 01-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #58
Powder
So tired of this place

Fun, but nothing to write home about. The Aeons blew my mind, though. What a cool ass species. I hope we see them again.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #59
picassotheninjaturtle
Thug

Wait, didn't Mozar mention Zanramon, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he the Triceraton emperor? Does this mean he's gonna show up later?
picassotheninjaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #60
ToTheNines
[sic]

It was a different Z name, not sure if he was even talking about the emperor.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, nick