The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 12:21 AM   #1
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Post Password problem --Urgent

I tried to help a friend of mine; his name is Donny's computer84. He absolutely can't enter into the forum. No matter what kind of password you have send to him, the site said is it the wrong one when its not. I'm getting frustrated because I'm not able to help him. If he re- register he will lose his current account. He and I were joined this forum back in November 2012.
Any suggestions Krang?

Last edited by Klunk1234; 07-02-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:05 AM   #2
Casey
Stone Warrior

I don’t mean to be a downer, but my roommate has been trying to get her account activated for over a month. I’m wondering how many other people are.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Someone really needs to gwt a line to Krang. He logs in to mark the Halloween adversary of this site and that is it. He does not even log on to fix usernames for people any more. Last new person he granted to register was 4 months ago. If one of the active moderators have an email to him its the best chance.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:29 AM   #4
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Someone really needs to gwt a line to Krang. He logs in to mark the Halloween adversary of this site and that is it. He does not even log on to fix usernames for people any more. Last new person he granted to register was 4 months ago. If one of the active moderators have an email to him its the best chance.
What about that Jester guy, one of the moderators? Is he still active? If Krang won't take his responsibilities, then it's time for him to go away so other moderator can take his place..
Old 07-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
What about that Jester guy, one of the moderators? Is he still active? If Krang won't take his responsibilities, then it's time for him to go away so other moderator can take his place..
Krang's not a mod, he's THE guy. I don't remember the specific title.

But nobody else has his abilities, so unfortunately, you're SOL for now.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Administrator is the word for which you're looking.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I hate autocorrect on phones. Anniversary not adversary.

Yes, its like assistant principals opposed to principals. They have some authority over others but are limited. Its like the assistant principal can give give a ban/suspension, but cannot give a ten day or longer. The three things the website administrator Krang can do that no moderator can do is 1. permanent ban users 2. change usernames 3. approve people attempting to register.

One thing that might restrain new registered users is the last time Krang approved a batch it did not go over very well. We had three banned members return under new aliases and maybe one other person who did not stick around along with Dan Slott himself who had to wait a full calendar season. Who knows if Mew Goku,and Commentator42 are among the users awaiting approval again? It would seem like Krang sees it in his email opposed to logging in here and it would not take long to do so I am not sure why the particular hold up, but the last time he did I can understand why.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I reached out to Jester and another mod. They sent emails too. How can you see the 4 months thing?
Old 07-02-2018, 09:21 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Administrator is the word for which you're looking.
That's the one! Gracias
Old 07-02-2018, 09:34 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I reached out to Jester and another mod. They sent emails too. How can you see the 4 months thing?
It has more than 3 months since the last person made a thread in the Introduction section.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
You realize Krang is the administrator and owner of this site right??? He has run this site since the beginning giving up his time and even money so that we can have this community right??? He unfortunately has not been around for the last year or two, but he probably got busy with life.

Unfortunately Krang is the only one who has access to everyone's accounts.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #12
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
You realize Krang is the administrator and owner of this site right??? He has run this site since the beginning giving up his time and even money so that we can have this community right??? He unfortunately has not been around for the last year or two, but he probably got busy with life.

Unfortunately Krang is the only one who has access to everyone's accounts.
I know that very well. Ok? But if he can't run this site anymore, at least he can have the Courtesy of let us know. He can't throw current members or potential new ones under the bus.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I know that very well. Ok? But if he can't run this site anymore, at least he can have the Courtesy of let us know. He can't throw current members or potential new ones under the bus.
Well, if he ever comes back, you be sure to tell him that.

I prefer to think of it as a gated community, keeping the Three Stooges out.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #14
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well, if he ever comes back, you be sure to tell him that.

I prefer to think of it as a gated community, keeping the Three Stooges out.
I did. I sent that message directly to him. Also, I sent a message to Jester to reach Krang out.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I did. I sent that message directly to him. Also, I sent a message to Jester to reach Krang out.
Good luck!
Old 07-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #16
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Good luck!
Thank you so much.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
They really don't owe anyone anything. The fact they still pay to keep this site running despite the fact its been nearly burned to the ground by people who shove their identity politics into every single thread is a miracle in itself. One I'm extremely grateful for, mind you. Jester & the other mods don't have their powers, either, & I'm not even sure they can be granted them as they are not administrators/site owners. Additionally, I doubt they want the additional responsibility as their real lives have proven busy enough to keep them from here in their current capacity as it stands.

Your "friend", eh? When y'all first joined, everyone was certain that was actually you on a dupe account, because you always posted at the same time, said similar things, & you even mistakenly commented on his profile using the wrong username, outing yourself. You explained this away by saying you were "brothers". Hmm... Anyway, I doubt anything can be done for him, it's not like Krang is just gonna open an account to someone who claims they're the owner, they'd need solid proof. They're not being "thrown under the bus" if the problem cannot be resolved.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #18
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Your "friend", eh? When y'all first joined, everyone was certain that was actually you on a dupe account, because you always posted at the same time, said similar things, & you even mistakenly commented on his profile using the wrong username, outing yourself. You explained this away by saying you were "brothers". Hmm... Anyway, I doubt anything can be done for him, it's not like Krang is just gonna open an account to someone who claims they're the owner, they'd need solid proof. They're not being "thrown under the bus" if the problem cannot be resolved.
I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Understandable that life changes, people get busy, and interests change... but he really should have maybe considered handing that access over to someone trustworthy who at least is still interested enough to stop by the site now and then.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #20
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Maybe just double check your junk/spam folder in email. Just in case an activation link snuck in. Idk
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote