The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

2014 TMNT Figures

All of the 2013 figures are either out, or coming out in the next month or two...so I figured it's time for a new thread. Below is a complete list of figures released in 2014 (so far). This year looks to be very busy with four different TMNT toy lines going at once. They're color coded for your convenience!

Nickelodeon cartoon
Half Shell Heroes
Classic collection

2014 movie

Here we go...

NICKELODEON CARTOON

Basic figures:

Wave 7
Casey Jones
Kirby Bat
Mutagen Man
Squirrelanoid

Basic vehicles:

Assortment 4
Grass Kicker
Shell Flyer

Deluxe vehicles:
High Flyin' Blimp

Vehicles with figures:
Turtle Sub with exclusive Diver Donnie

Play-sets:

Z-Line Ninjas
Fire Escape Free Fall
Window Wipeout
Billboard Breakout
Water Tower Washout

(this list is currently incomplete, as we do not know of all of the 2014 toys yet. I will update the list all the time, whenever news on TMNT toys is revealed...so stay tuned!)

Last edited by Donatello19; 02-20-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Reputator
Foot Soldier

Guess this would be a good time to mention the oft-referenced Wal-Mart product list.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrijak View Post
Not really concerned about credibility. As I've mentioned here before, I'm a fan who's just excited to share news with other fellow fans. So believe me or not. I've posted this sort of thing before & been proven 100% right shortly after. If it helps, here's some screenshots from my computer at work.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Hard to say how many of those will make it out in 2014. It seems as though that list goes pretty far into the future, possibly the year after. Still, there's just as good a chance that all of them will.

The "LARP" figures are where I think this line starts to get into the whacky territory. Which, of course, is perfectly fine.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
miru
Mad Scientist

I wonder if we'll ever get a Build-a-Figure in the line. Traag, a proper-size Leatherhead, Justin, possibly Karai if they really think she'd never sell on her own...

Are comic book 2-packs a possibility (Marvel, Ben 10, Adventure Time, Sonic, DC, Star Wars, even such larger figures as TransFormers)?

Also, could Playmates make up characters just for the toy line like in the classic line (and to a much lesser extent the 2007 line)?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

i think build a figure would be a nice addition especially for a bigger figure...it would force guys like me to buy the whole set if i really liked the figure

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

It's a fast scene in the preview, but it looks like the Squirrelanoid figure is correctly human-sized. I don't know if I want more than one, but it's such a good sculpt I may have to reconsider.

Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
It's a fast scene in the preview, but it looks like the Squirrelanoid figure is correctly human-sized. I don't know if I want more than one, but it's such a good sculpt I may have to reconsider.

Nice find! Bigger than I thought it would be.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:25 AM   #7
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post

I know they are mutated squirrels or something but are these creatures also supposed to be an homage to the Pizza Monsters from the Original Cartoon?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
miru
Mad Scientist

There was a leak of a figure called Biotroid.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I know they are mutated squirrels or something but are these creatures also supposed to be an homage to the Pizza Monsters from the Original Cartoon?
The Squirrelanoids are based on the Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise. The Pizza Monsters were also loosely based on those, so that's probably about the gist of their relation.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

The Mutagen Man figure looks awesome! Really excited for this.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #11
weizie
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
The Squirrelanoids are based on the Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise. The Pizza Monsters were also loosely based on those, so that's probably about the gist of their relation.
Loosely? They looked like big yellow xenomorphs. Especially when you compare them to.some of the aliens Toys from the cartoon.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Okay, thanks for the reply. Also interested in the Biotroid leak! There are going to be so many new mutants in Season 2 of the cartoon it appears.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #13
raph27
Mad Scientist

So I was thinking over the list.... Just like my prediction that the new Mutagen Turtles are new versions of the transforming figures, I was thinking deep cover...that'll be like spy gear. But wait! Just like with the others, we already had that! Deep cover....hmmm.......what if it's the Nick version of UNDERCOVER TURTLES! You know, with the trenchcoats and hats! mind=blown
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #14
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I can't wait for Mutagen Man! Wish you could take him out of his containment suit this time around. I was never willing to break my 90's version when I was a kid just so I could get to the guts.

I really wish they'd make two packs like a pre and post mutation Dogpound two pack as well as one featuring Fishface. lol I'm probably the only guy who wants human versions of these bad guy mutants but ah well. Fun to dream.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #15
Shark_Blade
Emperor

No, no. I want Xever and Rad Brad as well. We can dream.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

vadernoooooooooo.gif

Newtralizer & Splinter v2 Figures Delayed

Quote:
We have had a number of you ask us what that status is for Playmates Toys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Newtralizer & Splinter v2 figures which we first showed you back in February during the New York Toy Fair. Originally these figures where supposed to be out by the end of the year, but after checking with the folks at Playmates Toys we have learned these two figures have been pushed back until Spring 2014. Newtralizer is a bounty hunter like character that really doesn't like the Kraang and first appeared in the Nickelodeon episode "Operation: Break Out." This second release of Splinter comes in a training type outfit and has a removable helmet. We will be sure to update you once we have a more specific release date for you.
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21152

I hope this means they are retooling Splinter because I thought it looked like a pretty weak figure.

As for Newtralizer... was anticipating his figure A LOT, I just hope this doesn't mean they are altering it to make it 'more afordable' to produce and thus cheaper/crappier. The figure looked GREAT in the previews.

I'm sorry but if they are expecting people to pay $9-12 for a tiny ass android Kraang or April, they need to balance it with some larger/more detailed figures like newtralizer. It's only right! Playmates, DO NOT skimp on newty!

All this aside, I wonder what the REAL reason for the delay is? Are they not confident enough in their 2014 figure lineup and need Newtralizer to strengthen it? Did they feel they already overcrowded shelves in 2012/2013 with figures and don't want to release these two yet to give some breathing room for the holidays? Or, as I speculated, maybe they are considering some alterations to one or both figures? Who knows.

Last edited by Zulithe; 10-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Wow, that really sucks. Can't say that I was TOO excited for them, but still.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Wow, that really sucks. Can't say that I was TOO excited for them, but still.
I was (and still am) -- Newtralizer has a great look to him, love a lot about his character... including his recently announced voice actor

I'm sure my fears of them skimping on the newtralizer figure are probably overblown... i mean, playmates must know what an important character this is to Ciro, they'd want to do right by him. Afterall they have him to thank for Nick TMNT being such a phenomenal success! We do know Ciro has a great love for action figures. He's posting pics of them on his facebook constantly!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
Reputator
Foot Soldier

I mean, how can you not be looking forward to Newtralizer? Aside from Cockroach Terminator and Leatherhead he's one of the more badass characters of the show so far.

Spoiler:
If he ends up being an ally as the rumors suggest, he's the perfect counterpoint to Tiger Claw.

So I guess that dwindles the remaining 2013 line-up down to the battle shell turtles, Shred 2, and Bytes. A little disappointing, but no one can say 2013 isn't/wasn't a great year for figure releases.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
raph27
Mad Scientist

It's a hell lot better than being cancelled like I originally assumed. NOW WHERES OUR SHREDDER PLAY SET?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 tmnt figures