The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-09-2015, 03:15 AM   #1
Bravotello
Foot Soldier

Your saddest TMNT 2003 episode

Interesting thing I just came up with, What was the saddest TMNT 2003 episode. You can include Fast Forward and Back to The Sewer episodes as well but to make things interesting, here's the catch. The episode has to be an episode other then Same As It Never Was, since most of us find that one sad already XD.

Mine would have to be Modern Love-The Return of Nano. His first appearance was enough, but when I watched this one I actually cried. I always felt really bad for Nano and in this one especially. Harry was awful to him and only had any affection towards him because of the money Nano helped him steal and when Nano came back, the first thing he did pretty much was go look for him so he could try and have a family like he saw on the TV. It didn't take long for me to cry either, when he broke into the prison being all "Daddy! Daddy!" I was so sad ;;
Bravotello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:55 AM   #2
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Everytime they say goodbye to Miyamoto Usagi.

Ya can't have too much of good things they say..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #3
Bio_Ninja
Mouser

Exodus Part 2, i chose this because it is the final episode where ch'rell appears
Bio_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

For me, and I'm not trying to be snarky, but "Good Genes Part 2." After that, it was all downhill with 4Kids trying different new takes on the Turtles (Mystic Dragons, Fast Forward, Back to the Sewers) that never took off...

Really wish they'd stuck to their guns and stayed with the tone/direction of the first four seasons, with no outlandish kiddie appeal (FF, BttS) or DragonBallZ anime stuff (NinjaTribunal).
Old 10-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #5
Icebot
Foot Elite

Worlds Collide part 3, Professor Honeycutt's funeral (even though he came back in later episodes).
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
Bio_Ninja
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
For me, and I'm not trying to be snarky, but "Good Genes Part 2." After that, it was all downhill with 4Kids trying different new takes on the Turtles (Mystic Dragons, Fast Forward, Back to the Sewers) that never took off...

Really wish they'd stuck to their guns and stayed with the tone/direction of the first four seasons, with no outlandish kiddie appeal (FF, BttS) or DragonBallZ anime stuff (NinjaTribunal).
I COMPLETELY agree with you
Bio_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:21 AM   #7
Bravotello
Foot Soldier

I enjoyed the lost episodes and Fast Forward but I will agree that Back to the Sewer wasn't as good as the ones before it. The wedding episode was good though and the one where they go into the computer game!
Bravotello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #8
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Darkness within but for a different reason than you think since the episode itself isn't really sad.

When the Turtles get captured they are trapped and experience nightmares of their own personal fears some are obvious like losing the lives of a love one you care about (Leo watching Splinter die in his arms)(Don seeing Angel fall to her death) Or symbolic hidden fears (Raph being his own worse enemy plus a reference to Image)

I like to take the time to point out Mikey's nightmare, first it starts with him wondering around alone through the caves when he sees Leo he is relieved until Leo comes fourth and says he join the creature. I originally thought it was strange Mikey would dream of such a thing but then when I re watched the series it made sense. Whenever the Turtles do a team up solo adventure Mikey and Leo are togethor a lot and 2k3 Leo seems to tolerate 2k3 Mikey's childishness better than the other two.

Even when Leo was still suffering from PTSD he still helped Mikey in grudge match when everyone else even Splinter were satisfied with Mikey reaping what he sowed. So Mikey's deepest darkest fear is Leo turning his back on him comes into a whole new light when I see it again.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
SKX31
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Darkness within but for a different reason than you think since the episode itself isn't really sad.
It kinda is when you think about Volpehart. He was under Cthulthu-lite since the 1600s. With no real way of escaping. Yes, he got a relatively happy ending when the beast got defeated - and he died. But getting being under a deal with the devil - and the devil not even being stopped after its defeat? Yikes.

It is a deal with the devil, and he should've known there were consequences. But people fall for that all the time, so it is understandable.

He couldn't have known that it would return at the episode's end either. But it's still horrifying and a sad fate.
SKX31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:13 PM   #10
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post

When the Turtles get captured they are trapped and experience nightmares of their own personal fears some are obvious like losing the lives of a love one you care about (Leo watching Splinter die in his arms)(Don seeing Angel fall to her death) Or symbolic hidden fears (Raph being his own worse enemy plus a reference to Image)

I like to take the time to point out Mikey's nightmare, first it starts with him wondering around alone through the caves when he sees Leo he is relieved until Leo comes fourth and says he join the creature. I originally thought it was strange Mikey would dream of such a thing but then when I re watched the series it made sense. Whenever the Turtles do a team up solo adventure Mikey and Leo are togethor a lot and 2k3 Leo seems to tolerate 2k3 Mikey's childishness better than the other two.

Even when Leo was still suffering from PTSD he still helped Mikey in grudge match when everyone else even Splinter were satisfied with Mikey reaping what he sowed. So Mikey's deepest darkest fear is Leo turning his back on him comes into a whole new light when I see it again.

Wow. That's really amazing that you saw that. That's really kind of how I see Mikey, too- his fear is being alone in the philosophical sense, with his family pushing him aside or abandoning him. And especially so with Leo, as Mikey seems to look up to him so much.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
victory_angel
Foot Elite

the episode I found to be the saddest was Dragons Brew. Because the story is centered on a naval named J. Finn who was experimented on and mutated into a monster by Bishop. The very man he had trusted to be best man at his wedding.

He is released from stasis by Hun when the Purple Dragons hijack a shipment of supplies and weapons from Bishop.

The Turtles and Casey are trying to get him captured and contained so he doesn't hurt any innocent people.

Bishop wants to get him captured and contained or disposed because he's a government secret.

And all the poor guys wants it to return home to be with his wife and child. The ending shot with him clinging to that buoy out in the bay and sadly whimpering as he gazes longingly at the gazebo where he had been married really made me tear up. Whats even worse beyond that is that this episode hints at the possibility of a follow up...but nope. The Wife thinks her husband is dead, and the J. Finn is left to live the rest of sad and miserable life watching his wife and son from afar because they would only see him as the monster he has been made into.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #12
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
the episode I found to be the saddest was Dragons Brew. Because the story is centered on a naval named J. Finn who was experimented on and mutated into a monster by Bishop. The very man he had trusted to be best man at his wedding.

He is released from stasis by Hun when the Purple Dragons hijack a shipment of supplies and weapons from Bishop.

The Turtles and Casey are trying to get him captured and contained so he doesn't hurt any innocent people.

Bishop wants to get him captured and contained or disposed because he's a government secret.

And all the poor guys wants it to return home to be with his wife and child. The ending shot with him clinging to that buoy out in the bay and sadly whimpering as he gazes longingly at the gazebo where he had been married really made me tear up. Whats even worse beyond that is that this episode hints at the possibility of a follow up...but nope. The Wife thinks her husband is dead, and the J. Finn is left to live the rest of sad and miserable life watching his wife and son from afar because they would only see him as the monster he has been made into.
Yep, this was going to be my pick also. I always loved whenever that sad theme music that plays when he is clinging to that buoy was used in the series, but in this episode it was used particularly well.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #13
Jephael
That whack job behind you

The episode where Leo and Casey team up and they fight that gross looking mutant who was once a man with a wife and son. My my memory of that whole thing is a little fuzzy, but I remember seeing a flashback to the guy's wedding and Bishop was there.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #14
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
The episode where Leo and Casey team up and they fight that gross looking mutant who was once a man with a wife and son. My my memory of that whole thing is a little fuzzy, but I remember seeing a flashback to the guy's wedding and Bishop was there.
You must've skipped reading the two posts directly above yours.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #15
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Man Dragon's Brew was DARK. I remember watching it and feeling bad for that poor thing.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 AM   #16
Noxonius
Random Punk

''Same as it never was'' is easily the saddest one in my book...the whole episode has such a dark and cold atmosphere...
Noxonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #17
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Rogue in the House Part 2. Zog's sacrifice at the end was very sad.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #18
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
You must've skipped reading the two posts directly above yours.
Yea, I did. Whoops.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:18 PM   #19
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Probably Insane in the Membrane , It was really sad to see Stockmans hallucinations about his mother. The flash backs with his Mother and her eventually dying was pretty sad.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:01 PM   #20
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Probably Insane in the Membrane , It was really sad to see Stockmans hallucinations about his mother. The flash backs with his Mother and her eventually dying was pretty sad.
What I thought was really sad about 'Insane in the Membrane' was how much potential Stockman had at such an early age to be a great scientist... and he grew up to have a truly disgusting existence.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote