The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #11
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Realistically though, it's not going to make any difference how many Razzies this movie gets (or Bayformers, for that matter): as long as it makes money, the studios will still keep pumping them out. At this stage of the game, I think we're going to end up with several Bayturtles sequels - I'll be shocked if there aren't a minimum of three Bayturtles movies.

There's still an audience segment that loves Michael Bay, and those people are who he makes movies for. The man's a squillionaire - he's not going away anytime soon, and studios are still going to keep paying him mucho bucks to keep pumping out movies which his fans will throw their dollars at.
Oh, that's all true. I'm not happy about it, but money talks. And considering Paramount keeps letting him pump out awful Transformers movies without stepping in for some quality control, I don't expect much will change on the TMNT front until the money dries up.

That said... Transformers 4's domestic take this year was down lot from the previous movies -- $107m less than TF3 -- and while BayTurtles did well, $191m domestic against a $125m production budget (and an undisclosed marketing budget) isn't exactly record-breaking. It's too soon to call it a trend, but it's possible the shine's coming off the Bay apple stateside.

Overseas, however? He's doing better than ever. It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out next round.