The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #21
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

For what I'd do for the next tmnt film, I would soft reboot the series, only vagely referncing thier battles with Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, and Krang.

Personally, I would just do a stand alone, live action adaptation of the TMNT adventures Archie comics story arc 'midnight sun'. I think it would make a good story (with a few modifications) and the way the white Ninjas simply vanish when 'killed' would allow for the TMNT to cut loose with their weapons in a gritty ninja battle. Ninjara/Alopex, Hothead, and Chien Kahn would give Playmates toys plenty of merchandise to peddle, and a finale where the TMNT, Splinter and Oyuki battle Chen and the white Ninja, while a Giant hothead and Noi-da-tarr trashed a japanese city kaiju-style would be epic.

Story wise, I'd remove April O' Neal from the plot, and also remove the Hiroshima/nuclear references. I'd begin with a brief flashback covering the turtles and Splinter/Hamato Yoshi's origin. Then I'd have the film start with Oyuki (here a ninja herself) come to America to tell Splinter/Yoshi that his old friend Fu Sheng had been kidnapped by the white ninja. The turtles and Splinter go with her to japan, and try to rescue Sheng from Chien Khan. Khan, along with his controlled lackeys hothead and Ninjara. (here ninjara, Hothead and Chen were all humans changed into anthros by Noi Da tarr's magic) The turtles, Oyyuki, and Splinter fight the white ninja all over Japan, trying to prevent them from assembling the artifacts that will allow Chien to open a portal to free his master. At the film's climax, Chen Kahn forces Sheng to complete the ritual that opens the portal and lets Noi Dat Tarr into our world. Ninjara and Hothead break free from Chen's control, and Sheng uses his powers to allow Hothead to grow to giant size. And a final epic martial arts battle to save the world begins.

At least, that's what I'd do for the next TMNT film.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 02-22-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:42 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Kind of hard to lose muscle..
That's actually pretty easy to do.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #23
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's actually pretty easy to do.
Lol, yeah. I can unfortunately attest to the fact that it's all too easy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw this on Facebook... Immediately made me think of TMNT. If a third somehow happened (or I guess another live action reboot), these repurposed globes are a MUST for the lair.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-11-2017 at 12:45 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Well, to make a hypothetical PDMT3 you gotta think like PD/Bay. You need a huge set piece to build the movie around, the first movie had a chase scene down a snowy mountain (right outside of NYC) featuring a huge truck and the second movie had a airplane chase/fight scene and fighting down a river in Brazil chasing a Mcguffin.

So you have to up the previous money shots. So, here's my set piece: A chase scene with spaceships ending in fighting on the outside of the Technodrome, in space.

Now we need a way to have the Turtles get to the set piece:

April does investigating reporter stuff that ends up getting her in a sexualized titillating situation. She's investigating Baxter and how he escaped all blame from the previous movie and is now trying to use the tech Kra(a)ng left so he can make a portal to Space/Dimension X.

And we need to introduce Irma, she's a nerd that is secretly hot, so through the movie she need to get out of her mousy nerdy shell and become a bombshell. not a important plotline, so I can be resovled more or less really fast, but we need a slo-mo reveal of the new sexy Irma (cue pervert joke from Mikey)

Bebop & Rockseady is loose, some high jinx there, have some explosions and cars flying around on either a highway with bridge arches or in middle of NYC. Turtles have to fight them by dropping heavy stuff in their heads, slamdunk a tank on them and end with a "my man" catch-phrase.

Baxter inadvertently aids the Turtles with the Portal to Space/Dimension X. Kra(a)ng is doing something that the Turtles have to stop him again, maybe getting to our dimension but ended up in space and is closing in on earth or whatever, have Donnie use technobabble to "explain" it (Mikey will say "in English, dude!" and Donnie will go "Bad stuff will happens")

Cue awesome Set Piece scene, lots of action (but not too technical in the Martial Arts department, just make it look kewl), lots of jokes and maybe some pizza.

Turtles enter Technodrome and have to fight Kra(a)ng and probably Shredder, we get a closer look at the "trophy room" but not too close, gotta keep some stuff vague, but that shape is totally something TMNT related to show that we making the movie do care for the fans.

Then the 'Drome is going to blow up, and a timer scene happens, getting in time to a portal back to earth before it all blows up. The Turtles flies through the portal ala Turtles in Time (we love you fans) and then they fall face first in the concrete in NYC. Mikey kisses the pavement and goes "yuck" cause the pavement is dirty, Turtles laugh and cue some sequel baiting (Shredder and Kra(a)ng survives in a escape pod arguing with each other)
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #26
sdp
-

No offence but the ideas so far are terrible or just trolling attempts, you can't "fix" the PD's TMNT movies, it is what it is. We already have a similar thread but at that point it was a "what do you want to see" since the possibility was still open for a sequel.

You have to go with the strengths that the PD's interpretation offers granted that's not a lot but it does have one: a live action TMNT film where anything is possible including the most out there stuff in any incarnation including sci-fi. I wanted a third movie since in this version there aren't any restrictions on what they can't do. I honestly think this will be the only time we'll ever see the Technodrome or Krang on a big screen live action interpretation so I'd definitely want to see more of this universe do while not the fan favorite it would give us maybe the only live action interpretation of crazy stuff.

So what would I do? Let's take a look at what we were left off after the first two movies:

Shredder could've recovered from his transformers armor/defeat in the first movie but I don't think he could ever be a legitimate threat in a fight after being disposed of by Krang in seconds, talk about burying the main villain so I don't see him being a big threat any more in future movies besides being someone who moves chess pieces around. Sachs was completely ignored in the sequel and he should've been there, I mean as much as you hate him they took an entire movie to make him a part of the universe so he should get some type of closure even if just to dispose of him but to ignore like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure Beebop & Rocksteady would be back in some minor way. The Technodrome and Kraang I just don't see them in a sequel, I mean what else could they really do that they didn't do in this film with Krang?Drome to make it different? Baxter Stockman was obviously set up to return big in a sequel and he'd probably mutate but I doubt he'd be able to carry a film by himself.

I'd want them to try something totally sci-fi/fantasy heavy and craziest TMNT stories out there that would never be able to be done in a more "realistic" TMNT movie as mentioned above. And I don't mean time travel, that's not that out there but doing a Triceratons/travelling through space for whatever reason and have much of it not set on earth, some ancient Japanese myth come to life with lots of magical stuff in it, or even better an all out mutant fest where we see all our favorite mutants all in one movie that we remember from the toys or even other incarnations, this could be done through mutagen or by travelling to another planet or going to another universe through a portal made by magic.

Like I mentioned the redeeming factor in this interpretation is they can do things that most grounded interpretations wouldn't be able to do so they needed to take advantage of that in a third movie and play to the strengths. yes April would continue to be Megan Fox doing what she does best. None of us care if the hulk turtles do outlandish stuff after all, the universe was already tainted since the first film. I don't want a "city at war" story or whatever realistic "let's try to save the story and make it like the vision that we wanted", It was already too late for that after the first film and that should be saved for a much better interpretation of the turtles on film. Have fun with what they inherited.

For those reasons above I really regret not having a third movie, we'll have to wait a long time before we get a reboot that we actually want/love (most of the fanbase, never for you Andrew; sorry) so why not go crazy with a sequel and do things that would never be done otherwise.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:53 PM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]

Well yours sucks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
a snowy mountain (right outside of NYC)
Which I can assure you does not exist.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Which I can assure you does not exist.
Hollywood tell no lies!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Stop with your fake news. Of course it exists. But it's not made of rock, it's the mountain of lies and poor choices by parts of the film industry. Mount Hollylies. Piled up so high, enough in elevation to receive snow any time of year.

I dunno, maybe a lot of Turtles stuff it just too much for these people to handle well. Maybe they need an easier topic to work on than aliens and enemy robo ninjas... Maybe go with something simple, like, I dunno... a natural disaster movie instead. *shrug*
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #30
sdp
-

So are the musical turtles VHS in continuity with the PD movies or just similar events happened in the PD universe?

I myself always included them in the CootS Your continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well yours sucks too.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #31
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So are the musical turtles VHS in continuity with the PD movies or just similar events happened in the PD universe?

I myself always included them in the CootS Your continuity.

I could imagine the Christmas turtles actually being the PD turtles after many years of alcohol abuse and aging, somehow gaining Jamacian accents in the process.

They finally made their hip hop album, years after defeating Krang and having nothing to do. Even B&R are mentioned in the "Special" so you could argue that they are from the same continuity.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #32
Wolfie65
Foot Soldier

In order for this scenario to work at all, I'll have to roll it all the way back to movie 1, which, with me as director and/or writer, would have been about the 'creation myth' of the Turtles, starting at the pet store.
Movie 2 would then have been about their first contact with the world outside the sewers, maybe their first experience with the Foot Clan.
Notice: No Shredder, no other mutants, certainly no Krang anywhere.
Very few people, and no human other than April Megan O'Neill-Fox (and a few Foot....) even knows they exist.
I would definitely try to keep that dramatic tension alive for as long as possible.
In movie 3, they might learn of the existence of that shadowy menace called 'Shredder'........
Wolfie65 is offline   Reply With Quote