Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that was my general thought.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #22
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Whatever it is, I'm excited for it, and I feel like even if it is in part about the Shredder in Feudal Japan it will also move the present day plot forward, maybe tie-in to Kitsune's plot to resurrect the Dragon Lord
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Sounds like it'll be a spiritual successor to Secret History. It was after all Santolouco who was on art duties the first time the resurrection angle was brought up, and then later on for that one mini, so it makes sense that he would get something to further explore Saki's character (in whatever way) and bridge his current, uh... "situation"... and whatever happens next on the road to #100, much like Secret History set up City Fall.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Sounds like it'll be a spiritual successor to Secret History. It was after all Santolouco who was on art duties the first time the resurrection angle was brought up, and then later on for that one mini, so it makes sense that he would get something to further explore Saki's character (in whatever way) and bridge his current, uh... "situation"... and whatever happens next on the road to #100, much like Secret History set up City Fall.
Yeah. It'll be interesting to see if any other characters end up involved... Karai and company? Probably not; she doesn't seem to have any idea (or interest) in her grandfather returning.

Regardless, should be great!
Old 02-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Come to think of it won't this be the 5 week event for this year then? We had Bebop/Rocksteady in 2016, then the Dimension X 5-parter in 2017.

If Mateus is doing a mini outside of Universe, it's probably another 5 issue event. Even if it's not 5 issues a month like the previous two were.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Maybe we will get a new Might Mutanimals Miniseries.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

Clearly not.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:50 AM   #28
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are there people here who really didn't instantly recognize the picture there as Movie 1 Shredder? Really? We're on a hardcore TMNT forum.

In any case, this doesn't sound like it's part of IDW's continuity to me, unless the way he phrased it is off. Sounds like a new spinoff series?
Funnily enough I don't think I've seen more than ten minutes of the first TMNT movie, if that. Never seen the second, third, or CGI one. After I stopped watching as a kid, I've never gone back to watch the Fred Wolf series. Never seen the 4Kids series, never watched the Nick show. I've only read a handful of Mirage issues and none of the other comics besides IDW. I've seen half of The Next Mutation now, watching an episode or two a couple times a week in bed since it was put on Netflix. I became a fan of TMNT as a kid and then when I wasn't actively watching the show all the TMNT characters just rattled around in my head over the years until I found the IDW comics and sought out a place to talk about them, which is how I found this forum. IDW is to me the best iteration of the franchise, with the best take on the origin and some of the best characters. Long live IDW!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #29
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Funnily enough I don't think I've seen more than ten minutes of the first TMNT movie, if that. Never seen the second, third, or CGI one. After I stopped watching as a kid, I've never gone back to watch the Fred Wolf series. Never seen the 4Kids series, never watched the Nick show. I've only read a handful of Mirage issues and none of the other comics besides IDW. I've seen half of The Next Mutation now, watching an episode or two a couple times a week in bed since it was put on Netflix. I became a fan of TMNT as a kid and then when I wasn't actively watching the show all the TMNT characters just rattled around in my head over the years until I found the IDW comics and sought out a place to talk about them, which is how I found this forum. IDW is to me the best iteration of the franchise, with the best take on the origin and some of the best characters. Long live IDW!
You may really enjoy the first movie then! I say give it a go.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #30
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

I would love a short series from him that continues right after the 1st movie...

Saying that because of the Shredder pic I guess.

That would be cool. Like a made up story arc in between TMNT and Secret of the Ooze? That could be interesting.

Who knows!
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #31
AquaParade
Banned

Secret History Foot Clan Workprint Edition

Anyone own the SHOTFC Workprint hardcover? I just ordered the deluxe version, because I'm a sucker for nice hardcover's that come in a slipcase.

Now, I like the story enough, but I probably wouldn't have ordered this book if it weren't for how beautifully consutrcted it looks, from the slipcase to the cover art.

Anyone have an opinion on either version of the hardcover?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #32
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I wonder if it's something to do with the films... IDW mini-series doesn't necessarily mean it's tied into the main continuity.
Man I hope so. It's been a dream of mine that Nick would put together a team to write a comic series or a TV program about the Turtles of the 1990 Movie universe. Whether or not that would include the other 2 films, I don't know, but it doesn't matter. A series of any kind birthed from Barron's vision of TMNT would be wonderful.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

He already confirmed it's part of the IDW series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:40 AM   #34
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Anyone own the SHOTFC Workprint hardcover? I just ordered the deluxe version, because I'm a sucker for nice hardcover's that come in a slipcase. Now, I like the story enough, but I probably wouldn't have ordered this book if it weren't for how beautifully consutrcted it looks, from the slipcase to the cover art. Anyone have an opinion on either version of the hardcover?
I own a black label version of it, it is very nice indeed, can't complain about the quality of the book or the presentation. Even better value now I see the red label is half price heh. Managed to get the edition that came with this artwork...!

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1225257
Old 03-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Giving Secret History of the Foot Clan a re-read...I'm going to say that this might be a "sequel" of some kind. To answer some of the questions that Secret History didn't.

Who wrote the book, for instance?

Why is Saki being called "the Dragon Lord" when he...really isn't the Dragon Lord? Kitsune's father is. Unless his soul is the Dragon Lord's, hence why Kitsune had it bound to Saki's form for all time to prevent reincarnation and making it easier to perform the resurrection she wanted. Without having to track down some other dude somewhere down the line. It would fit into Mike's "same player, different game" analogy.

What did Krang want in Japan? I assume Kitsune didn't hand him Burnow - and he wanted a specific area of Japanese land during Tatsuo's time. But I'm not sure if we ever learned what it was for. (For that matter, we never really got the "whole story" on how and when he got control of Burnow). Was Japan his Plan A before the "incident" with Saki, and Burnow Island was his Plan B?
Old 03-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Giving Secret History of the Foot Clan a re-read...I'm going to say that this might be a "sequel" of some kind. To answer some of the questions that Secret History didn't.

Who wrote the book, for instance?

Why is Saki being called "the Dragon Lord" when he...really isn't the Dragon Lord? Kitsune's father is. Unless his soul is the Dragon Lord's, hence why Kitsune had it bound to Saki's form for all time to prevent reincarnation and making it easier to perform the resurrection she wanted. Without having to track down some other dude somewhere down the line. It would fit into Mike's "same player, different game" analogy.

What did Krang want in Japan? I assume Kitsune didn't hand him Burnow - and he wanted a specific area of Japanese land during Tatsuo's time. But I'm not sure if we ever learned what it was for. (For that matter, we never really got the "whole story" on how and when he got control of Burnow). Was Japan his Plan A before the "incident" with Saki, and Burnow Island was his Plan B?

About that though, Oroku Saki being her husband and fsther of unknown children yet her father's soul is in Saki's body is incestuous and creepy in a mystic sort of way.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:40 PM   #37
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh, the fridge horror on that situation .

I mean, it does seem like Kitsune has a bit of a Daddy's Girl complex, since she seems to be the only one of her siblings that wants him to come back to the mortal plane...but girl, you need to take a couple steps back and re-evaluate your plan.

Though, they are on a similar level to gods, and when you look at how rampant incest is in various mythologies (not just Greek and Egyptian), she probably isn't really batting an eye at it.

Saki, should he have been able to learn any of her plans, would probably be repulsed...and feel way more used than he already does.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-01-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote