The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #3781
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
don't care much for how the pacing of escalation is handled in the boom comics. I mean we are only 25 issues in and we are already doing a second story about a threat over more than one dimension. What is this? A marvel event?
Pacing has been my problem and while a pair of side issue #5 focusing on "the temptation of Zack" and "Billy invents the communicators" in #10 are interesting it prolongs the already dragging narrative. Aside from that I would have preferred Lord Drakkon have been Lord Zedd before he became as he know him. While I originally bought it to see the Green Ranger arc that kicked off the series and one arc lead to another,but i kept getting it. Its good, its just the pacing is driving me crazy.

On the positive side, I like the self-awareness such as with the monsters of the day and yet the stakes are up and not exclusive to Angel Grove. One thing when looking back at MMPR I don't have much interest in is the zord fights. There is minimal of that and optimum characterization expanding on the bland personalities of the original six while not making them out of character. Okay, so Jason being a reformed bully does not make sense,but aside form that its solid.

So is Saba "dead"? Or is a talking sword ever really alive? That was a cheap way of freeing Bizarro Tommy. If anything, I hope we learn why Tommy under his own free will took Rita's side and took a Ra's al Ghul approach of making the world better in a twisted vision.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:14 AM   #3782
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #3783
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
The foam shield is so distracting. I can't believe its one of those things I overlooked as a elementary school aged kid.

That still from the video is probably my favorite episode as well.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #3784
Storm Eagle
Saved by

T:APRM has been reissued yet a fourth time. It came out this Tuesday. It's another DVD release with the exact same special features as before, and still no Blu-ray. This is, however, the first to offer a digital copy.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers...=Power+Rangers

I saw that listing pop up on Amazon some months ago, and then it disappeared and came back on Wednesday, with cover art. When it did disappear, I saw listings for it on other retail sites which still have no cover art at the time I'm typing this up. So when it did come up on Amazon again, it had cover art both for the front and back, which specified inclusion of a digital copy. I would have posted about it before, but I didn't really want to say anything about it until I knew just what was going on with it.

Now that they've reissued T:APRM with a digital copy, and didn't bother putting it out on Blu-ray, I've got half a mind to just buy the digital version from Vudu. I also wonder why T:APRM is available digitally and not MMPR:TM.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:45 PM   #3785
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The future of Power Morphicon after this year is reportedly uncertain with its sponsor Toys "R" US going out of business.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #3786
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Anyone here has been following Hyper Force? How is it exactly?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #3787
Allio
Foot Elite

dropped it after episode one. I mean it's okay, just those types of things are more fun to play than to watch for me. Like golf
Old 03-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #3788
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Power Morphicon won't be affected this year despite what is happening with one of its sponsors, Toys R' Us.

Quote:
"Hey everyone,

A couple notes about ToysRus they are a sponsor of PMC. Not the only sponsor. PMC is a fan ran and funded convention. Your PMC memberships fund the convention. It is a very sad time with the issues surrounding TRU and we wish the family's of TRU the best in this very trying time for them and everyone involved. But again it will have no bearing on PMC coming up in August. I hope this answers the many questions and concerns you had about this.
Thank you,
PMC"
http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...-r-us-sponsor/
Old 03-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #3789
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
dropped it after episode one. I mean it's okay, just those types of things are more fun to play than to watch for me. Like golf
That's what I thought too when i watched the first episode, but I just have so many people rave about how awesome Power Rangers is on my Twitter timeline and see all the cool Ranger guests that come in and people saying it deserves to be in continuity that it made me wonder if I should check it out.

How does this hyper force show get more returning rangers that are awesome than the actual show?
Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 PM   #3790
Allio
Foot Elite

worked on a Power Rangers boom reading order

Spoiler:
>GoGo #1-4
>Annual'16: Only the Strong
>GoGo #5-8
*Ranger Slayer arc

*End of GoGo
*Green Ranger arc

>MMPR #1-4
>MMPR #6-9
>MMPR #10-15
>Annual'17: Search Party
>MMPR #16
>Annual'17: Forever Mighty Morphin Black
>MMPR 17 and 18
>Annual'17: Perfect
>MMPR #19-24

>Annual'18
*Shattered Grid arc

Listed down below are stories that fit into GoGo, but we are in about episode 6 of Go Goto really have a time place

>MMPR #10
Billy is currently going through an arc, so I can picture this taking place after the ranger slayer arc.

>mmpr#5
This seems like a story that would take place within a few episodes before the green ranger story arc

>Annual'17: Trini’s vacation
>Annual'16: A week in the Life…
>Annual'16: A Spot of Trouble
These three are very "status quo" stories. They fit like they could fit anywhere in GO GO Power Rangers

>Annual'16: What makes a ranger
Has to take place after Shattered Grid
Old 03-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #3791
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The Order, which was crowd-funded project that was going to star lots of alumni, hit a major setback. Some of the cast gave an update.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #3792
The Deadman
Foot Elite

March Madness the Power Rangers!

In celebration of the NCAA’s annual college basketball tournament, the Power Rangers are holding “March Monster Madness,” where 16 top villains from Power Rangers will face-off in a ‘March Madness’ style bracket!

Fans can vote via Instagram Stories on the official @powerrangers account starting today! The villains span all 25 years to find the top “worst of the worst.”

Developing…

Content from Power Rangers NOW: https://www.powerrangersnow.com/powe...ess-announced/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #3793
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The Order, which was crowd-funded project that was going to star lots of alumni, hit a major setback. Some of the cast gave an update.

Their way of communicating the setback is just sad..a four-way skype call? They that dirt cheap?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #3794
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ron Wasserman is involved with Power Rangers again, and JDF actually filmed a Lord Drakon mini-sode to promote Shattered Grid

Old 03-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #3795
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Saban and fans seem to love Lord Drakon a lot, I could see it become canon one day in TV continuity.

That was pretty cool, I like the idea even if Lord Drakon reeks of Deviant Art original character do not steal.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #3796
Allio
Foot Elite

Drakkon is like spidergwen. Sells on design alone
Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #3797
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Spoiler:
Lord Drakkon kills Tommy in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...hattered-grid/
Old 03-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #3798
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Spoiler:
Lord Drakkon kills Tommy in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...hattered-grid/
Spoiler:
Um...I did not see thst one coming! That is one form of suicide I never would have imagined. I don't see why he is not revived and everything restored at #30's end. I will drop the title if he isn't.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:52 AM   #3799
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've beginning to play catch up with this series so I can join in on the SG discussion beyond just the trailer

Having read the first ten issues....this book seriously suffers from ADD writing. It goes from status quo shake-up to status quo shake up with no fair warning or story build, the tv show has much better ways of serializing than this, and the filler issues are awkwardly placed, these are stunts you ought to do if the book is bi-weekly, not if it's monthly, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for people who wait a while for a new issue only to get nothing that contributes to the arc.

Don't get me wrong, the stories and character conflict are quite strong, I just have an issue with the pacing
Old 04-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #3800
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Gingaman was released in January of this year.

GogoFive comes out in three weeks, but those who preordered from Shout! Factory might get it as early as this week.

Now Mirai Sentai Timeranger is coming in July. It's the basis for Power Rangers Time Force, and it's scheduled for release on July 31st.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BXZTSNG...=Power+Rangers

There will probably even be room for one more this year. Come on Gaoranger.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers