The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #1081
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
To say that sachs did not care about april, is wrong, I mean he did mind her once she and vernon tried to stop him. Hench him pointing a gun at not just vernon, but her as well. He cared enough to go as far as even trying to kill her.
I'd hardly say shooting at someone to try and stop them, from stopping you, is caring about that person. He doesn't care about her because he's a garbage person, and killed her father. He doesn't care about her because he immediately gives her a tracking device so he can use her to capture the Turtles, and resurrect his 15 year old terrorist plan.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #1082
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior
 
Joey Kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
Because Sacks was suppose to be Shredder but the shoehorned in an Asian actor during post.
That's what I figured.

I'd like for all of the cut footage to come out so someone can do a fan-cut more along the lines of the original plan someday. Sacks as Shredder, Raph in his overcoat, the whole kappa thing--maybe the movie as they they originally envisioned it would have held together better than the theatrical version we got. Like how the fan-cuts of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey that cut the bloat added after PJ decided to make one book into a trilogy vastly improve it, or how the Phantom Editor made the Star Wars prequels watchable. Maybe it'll happen when the Blu-Ray is released.
__________________
Let's Talk Turtles: A retrospective on IDW's TMNT, year one
Let's Talk Turtles #2: Abusers and Mutants and Aliens, Oh My
Let's Talk Turtles #3: Matters of Outer Space and Feudal Times... I'm working on it :p
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #1083
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
I'd hardly say shooting at someone to try and stop them, from stopping you, is caring about that person. He doesn't care about her because he's a garbage person, and killed her father. He doesn't care about her because he immediately gives her a tracking device so he can use her to capture the Turtles, and resurrect his 15 year old terrorist plan.
I didn't mean caring about her in a nice kind of way, I just meant in a hey dont **** with me and my scheme way.

Last edited by ScrewtheMirageTMNT; 08-09-2014 at 06:44 PM.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #1084
Aaronardo
Stone Warrior
 
Aaronardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Inside your computer screen.
Posts: 985
You know, I love that all the people who are saying that it's just my opinion when...
1. They're mostly people who are forcing their own opinions on everyone to begin with.
2. This is the REVIEW thread. My sharing of my opinion is EXACTLY what this thread is for. So, I don't exactly see where they're coming from.
Besides, most people who say this is an abomination of a movie are the same people who were a) saying it was going to be terrible to begin with and thus walked in the movies with negative thoughts anyway and b) are saying "these aren't the TMNT I grew up with!" And if that's how you base your opinion, the only thing I can really say to you is to screw off.
(I know I'm late to make this response, but I'm going to say it anyway. Go watch the movie with an open mind and THEN tell me your opinion, please)
__________________
"Oh Turtles! Oh Turtles! Chew your gum properly."
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello (Heart of Evil)
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #1085
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
I like the movie very much but it's not perfect. I did a top 10 list in another thread, and I have it as the 10th best movie of the year.

My biggest gripe with the movie is that it's too fast, it's too short. There are a lot of things they could have fleshed out and didn't because they wanted to make it short. I still understood the plot and it wasn't confusing to me, so that's why I just don't completely believe people who claim it was a disaster.

I think what they left in, creates a unique bond between April and the Turtles who historically get in a lot of trouble together, and now that they have a close bond, it will mean something if she REALLY gets in trouble next film.

I hope in the next one Sacks kidnaps her and threatens to mutate her or something like that, forcing the Turtles to fight Shredder and hopefully some mutants we want from da past. I would kind of like it to get back to the 1990 scale of a secret war between the Foot and the Turtles, and not so much a plot to destroy the city.
I'm not actually saying it was a disaster. It was average. It was largely inoffensive to my die hard love of all things TMNT and there is no signal best origin story of TMNT so not including Hamato Yoshi is no big deal. This wasn't Last Airbender or Dragon Ball Evolution. It was as TMNT as any other TMNT film. I just feel it was not particularly well written or interesting. TMNT has pretty much never offered high quality cinema so I'm not dogging on it for that either. I know critics would have no reason to like this movie and the bit of charm present would fall flat for them. It's still a better story than Turtles III though that movie for all its faults was at least entertaining and had more heart.

I do hope this established connection to April leads to something worth while in the inevitable sequels and they take the time to flesh out Sacks and Shredder.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.

Last edited by Ninja Tiptup; 08-09-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #1086
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
Hey dude, where the eff am I saying that I'm stating facts, it's pretty clear here, we're all giving our opinions... Don't try and scold me because you can't understand someone is giving an opinion. Just because I have confidence in what I'm talking about doesn't mean I'm claiming it to be fact.
Oh floydbanks7, that has to be the most lame cover-up ever. Perhaps you should take some tips from a make-up pro. ha

I have to agree with the Shredhead. In several of your posts you explicitly claim your opinion as fact. Then you basically whip anyone who has a differing opinion. Countering by saying it is full of inaccuracies, sound familiar, and state your own opinion as fact.

I am guessing you either have amnesia or poor introspection skeels. Look within and realize you messed up. It is okay to be in the wrong as long as you take the responsibility to reconcile.


Back on topic. I enjoyed the movie as a fan. I feel disappointed as a critic. I really enjoyed Raphael but I didn't like how he converted to a wuss at the end with his lil speech. I think it is best that we just let Raphael be bloodthirsty.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #1087
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
Oh floydbanks7, that has to be the most lame cover-up ever. Perhaps you should take some tips from a make-up pro. ha

I have to agree with the Shredhead. In several of your posts you explicitly claim your opinion as fact. Then you basically whip anyone who has a differing opinion. Countering by saying it is full of inaccuracies, sound familiar, and state your own opinion as fact.

I am guessing you either have amnesia or poor introspection skeels. Look within and realize you messed up. It is okay to be in the wrong as long as you take the responsibility to reconcile.


Back on topic. I enjoyed the movie as a fan. I feel disappointed as a critic. I really enjoyed Raphael but I didn't like how he converted to a wuss at the end with his lil speech. I think it is best that we just let Raphael be bloodthirsty.
I didn't think he was a wuss at the end, I thought it was pretty heartfelt. I loved Raphael in this movie.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #1088
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
I hope the movie version of beebop and rocksteady are smarter than they are in the 80s toon. Should we see them. Raph giving a speech near the end of the movie isn't bad, it was nice, cause it was different. You do not normally hear him spout stuff like I love you when it comes to leo, mikey, and don. Little character moments in this movie make it better, it adds up with the other content in the movie that is good, I liked how we saw raph knitting and leo doing the splits while holding eggs?! with chopsticks. Them saying cowabunga after years of not saying it is a nice touch too. It is unfortunate that the kind of stuff I spoke of in this post is being ignored and not appreciated.

Last edited by ScrewtheMirageTMNT; 08-09-2014 at 07:08 PM.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #1089
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The True Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
Confusing yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
Yes you are apparently the only one who lacks reading comprehension, because even with your horrible attempt at making words makes sense I somehow understand what you are saying.


I offer opinions like EVERY other person here is doing. But when people say things like the turtles don't appear for 45 minutes, or April is the protagonist, I can use facts, because I saw the movie, and say no, they appear in the first 10 minutes, and no April is not the protagonist. I state an opinion and back it up with things that actually happened in the movie.

You attacked me by saying I'm stating facts. Then when I say I'm offering opinions, you turn around and say, well why even post an opinion with out facts. Which is it?

Again, I think (this is an opinion, see? I said "I think", so this won't be a fact, it's just my thought. Ok?) you are confusing confidence in my opinion and fact claiming as one in the same. I'm not just spewing the same phrases like a lot of people here do like "no plot, cliche villains, shredder was pasted in last minute" and offer no other explanations to their complaints.
Sigh...now you are using opinions correctly. Like I said I'm not saying you are saying facts its how you are wording it sounds like you are stating facts. But to be honest I'm just skimming what you say since you give little to no actual facts about your opinions. And the little facts you actually use you twist to make it suit you. Like I said before i RESPECT your opinion. What I DON'T RESPECT is how you word these opinions. Its like you want peopleto actually disagree with .Just food for thought.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #1090
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I didn't think he was a wuss at the end, I thought it was pretty heartfelt. I loved Raphael in this movie.
Yea but it was all a setup for a joke so it took away from the emotional punch. Plus it wasn't foreshadowed in any way.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #1091
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier
 
OrangeNinja1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 223
Red face

I really enjoyed this movie, as I've mentioned before. It's one of my top 10 favorites of all time (that's how much it blew me away).
Unlike many others, I saw a strong bond between each of the turtles and Splinter. Did anyone not hear Raphael's speech at the end? Did anyone not see how much the turtles wanted to save Splinter when he was fighting Shredder? The turtles saved each other multiple times and the turtle tot scenes established they were always close to each other.
Now, people hate the over-the-top action. It's a movie. The action is as goofy as the title. Movies provide entertainment and you'd been disappointed to expect anything more. The action was amazing even if it was over-the-top. Even in a normal 2-D screening, it almost felt like you were sliding down a mountain with the turtles and I normally don't feel that but that what action is for - to amaze you and make you enjoy the movie.
Another complaint - this movie is a product. Guess what? All movies are products. They are ALL for money. This movie felt no more of a product than others, and maybe even less. How about Star Wars? That is product! Back to the Future? Product! Face it, your childhood (the original TMNT movie and whatever else) is product! This movie had product placement, and a ton of great movies do and that doesn't distract from anything. You shouldn't be taken out of Karate Kid for the rest of the movie because Daniel's mother places a Minute Maid carton in perfect view of the camera.
Yet another complaint: April tried to feed the turtles pizza when they were normal. Um, she was obviously joking around. "Want some pizza?" The turtle would pull it's head in and she'd say "Guess not". I used to have a cat as a kid and I'd show it cookies and say "Want some?" just to joke around, just like April. I knew the cat couldn't have cookies and I knew she'd never bite them. Just like my cat didn't like people food, the normal turtles didn't see pizza as food. April wasn't seriously feeding them. Or did I forget a part where a tiny turtle actually ate some of it?
The worst complaint: the Turtles are ugly. Of course they are. They are mutant teenagers under a sewer, subjected to experimental chemicals. You want cartoony, lovable turtles? There are tons already, in cartoons!. Why make a live-action movie if not to utilize the highly advanced performance capture? The CGI was so good, it looked like April was actually standing beside real 6-foot-turtles.
And, of course, too much April. She's a star. She will have time onscreen, sometimes even to herself. Her main duty in the story is the bring about the introduction to the turtles and destroy the mutagen. She has purpose and her acting was not as bad as people say. Never did she take me out of the story (but she did breathe so darn loud).
Shaky cam? I only saw it at the very beginning, and wasn't it to get the effect that a news cameraman was filming it?
I didn't notice story-structure problems, but maybe I was just too invested in the good movie in front of me that I paid to see with my friends for enjoyment. If you go in looking for bad stuff, that's all you see. I went in thinking "Okay this will either be really bad, or just good," and it shocked me. Wow, it's awesome! Coming out of that theatre, that's what I thought, and I still do after reading so much negativity.
Anyway, those are my rebuttals to the many arguments against this movie. I loved this movie, but it does have a few minor flaws, but nothing bad enough to make me call it a disaster. I don't know, maybe I'll just be one of the few people on Earth that love this movie, but I'll remember it fondly and years from now I'll show it to my children, and I sure do hope they like it. But guess what? If they don't, so what. They are entitled to their opinions.
__________________
DON: We've got to find that bomb! And we've only got eight minutes to do it! RAPH: Excuse me; is that including the commercial break? - 1987

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #1092
Darthknuxward
Hench Mutant
 
Darthknuxward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Depths of Karzahni
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 View Post
The critics are having a field day with this movie, and I haven't read many positive reviews because the critics are obviously just trying to please the angry "fans" who have had it in for this movie since the beginning. They say this movie is shallow popcorn entertainment and that's it, but it is totally not. I loved this movie. While TMNT is definitely a summer blockbuster (explosions, "I'm going to take over the city" kind of villain) it has a huge amount of depth and the characters, especially Splinter and the turtles, all obviously care deeply about their friends and family. There is a good amount of scenes that are actually SAD. Raphael actually has a moment near the end where I nearly cried. I've always loved Raph, but he's never been my favorite turtle except in the 1987 show but that's barely Raph, but he was amazing in this movie. I think it's a four way tie for my favorite turtle this time around! The movie is just plain beautiful. It is funny (unbelievably, indescribably funny), with amazing special effects, great characters. The plot is thin, critics say, but I think the characters and the deep connections between them, and the way the story is told makes up for that. The plot doesn't take to much time to detail, and it opens up opportunities for amazing fight scenes and character growth. When the turtles show up 15-20 minutes in, that's where the movie really gets amazing, and they come in with a bang. The movie really shines with showing the turtles growing as a team. Everything that didn't work for this movie in promotion, just...works in the movie. Donnie's glasses = perfect. The turtles' designs = genius. Megan Fox as April = great (my friend didn't like her but I thought she was fine as O'Neil). There are adorable turtle tot snippets, and it made people in the theatre go "awww!" I went with my friends who have never been TMNT fans, and they came out of the theatre able to name which turtle has which color and which one is their favorite, something they've never been able to do even though I've told them for months which turtle is which and made them watch a couple episodes of the 2012 show and the 1990 movie. That made me realize: this movie is going to make a lot of new TMNT fans. The theatre I was in was nearly full (and at every joke the entire room broke into laughter - I'm not kidding) and I heard at that movie theatre all of that day's 3-D showings sold out. Outside of the theatre, a karate class was performing for people who'd just seen the movie and a guy in a Leonardo suit who was just a fan and not a paid employee was taking pictures with kids. Guardians of the Galaxy came out last week, and while I liked it sort of, it is a Marvel movie and it didn't even have anyone doing that! I've tried but I just can't describe how beautiful this movie is. I want to go see it again, right now! I want to shout at everyone who hated this before it was out "HA!". I don't know what movie those negative critics walked into but it wasn't TMNT. The only fault in this movie is that it is too short. Everything was great, even the "Shell-shocked" rap song in the credits sounded better with the credit animation that went with it. It was a miracle! Never before have I wanted a movie to have a sequel more.
This is all just my opinion. So if you hate it...fine. I personally like it better than all the previous TMNT films.
Wait what theater did you go to?
__________________
Insane? I prefer the term "creative", but I guess there isn't much difference between the two in the end, is there?

Quote:
Originally posted by The True Shredder
I give a rat's ass. I killed Master Splinter and will give you his rat's ass!

Quote:
Originally posted by snake
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

FEEL MY FREEZE!

I'm not quite dead.
Darthknuxward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #1093
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,629
http://www.washingtonpost.com/goingo...fd1_story.html

In The Washington Post Review the freelance Writer says their is 2 sequels planned for this movie.
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #1094
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
Oh floydbanks7, that has to be the most lame cover-up ever. Perhaps you should take some tips from a make-up pro. ha

I have to agree with the Shredhead. In several of your posts you explicitly claim your opinion as fact. Then you basically whip anyone who has a differing opinion. Countering by saying it is full of inaccuracies, sound familiar, and state your own opinion as fact.

I am guessing you either have amnesia or poor introspection skeels. Look within and realize you messed up. It is okay to be in the wrong as long as you take the responsibility to reconcile.


Back on topic. I enjoyed the movie as a fan. I feel disappointed as a critic. I really enjoyed Raphael but I didn't like how he converted to a wuss at the end with his lil speech. I think it is best that we just let Raphael be bloodthirsty.
When I'm literally stating moments of the movie, yes they are fact because they happened, and I'm using it as my ammo. When I said inaccuracies, it was in regards to you saying Shredder called the Turtles "HIS" children which certainly never happened. So.....Like I've been saying, I'm extremely confident in my opinions, and maybe some of you take that as me "forcing my opinion down your throats" but if you're going to call me on this, you should start calling other on it too. There are plenty of people here claiming this movie is bad as a fact. They're also claiming people who liked it as being idiots, and blindly following Michael Bay.

Raphael is my least favorite Turtle, but for me, he was the best one. I liked his speech at the end the first time I saw it, but didn't like it the second time I saw it. To me, it was every Raphael ever making that speech, but it didn't fit the Raphael of this movie, since we didn't get the same amount of tension between Raph and Leo as we do in the first movie.

PS. that is an opinion in case you're confused.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #1095
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,321
I agree. Aside from Raphael butting heads with Leonardo for one moment and Mikey implying that was a common occurrence and the moment when Raph said he'd go off on his own there was no definitive scene in which he wasn't a team player. He didn't get separated from the others because he stormed off after an argument or something. They all got attacked at the same time and he simply ended up not getting captured so he could go rescue them.

It would have been darn interesting to see that role given to Donatello. I'd have given this movie mad props if it tried that and did it well. At least I'll always have "Same as it Never Was".

Leonardo would have been fitting since he could be questioning his leadership throughout the ordeal. At the end he laments to Splinter saying it was his fault but it really was not his fault at all. The only bad on his part was choosing to watch Splinter get attacked instead of ensuring his brothers got away like Splinter asked him to. Even then you can't really fault Leo for trying to save Splinter.

Thankfully it was not Michelangelo, though it might have given him a moment to be serious you just know he would never shut up about getting into April's pants. If he was the turtle who got into the van when Vernon was implying he and April are adults who don't need excuses to see each other he would have popped up with "dude, lay off my girl" or something equally bro-tastic.

Nope it had to be Raphael, just like in every TMNT movie.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.

Last edited by Ninja Tiptup; 08-09-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #1096
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
You gotta be out of your damn mind if you think tmnt 2 and tmnt 3 are better than this.
Well, I guess I'm out of my mind, because I'd rather watch either of those than see this movie again.

TMNT 2 is very mixed, but has some solid moments. There's potential there, though most of it's squandered. The end is awful. But I'd rather watch that again than this movie.

TMNT 3 is equally incompetent as the new movie, in a very different way. It's cheap-looking and stupid, but that makes it bad in a way I can laugh at. Like an old B-movie. This new movie doesn't give me that. It's got serious money behind it, but still manages to be a dull, obnoxious bore from start to finish. It has little potential from a creative/ideas standpoint and spends a lot of money making a bad, forgettable story. That's much worse.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #1097
Bakushan
Foot Soldier
 
Bakushan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 181
Movie cleared 25m on Friday...

Get ready for a sequel folks.
__________________

Hi I am Jared! Add me on facebook! http://facebook.com/jguynes
Bakushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #1098
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
Nope it had to be Raphael, just like in every TMNT movie.
This is why I don't like Raphael, and this is also what I have problems with w/ EVERY TMNT movie after the first one. He just has to go off on his own. He is never a team player. I hate that. Just once I would love to see a movie where it's NOT Raph who they have to save, or be saved by. Your idea of having Donnie take Raph's place would have been great, oh man, it would have been amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
Sigh...now you are using opinions correctly. Like I said I'm not saying you are saying facts its how you are wording it sounds like you are stating facts. But to be honest I'm just skimming what you say since you give little to no actual facts about your opinions. And the little facts you actually use you twist to make it suit you. Like I said before i RESPECT your opinion. What I DON'T RESPECT is how you word these opinions. Its like you want peopleto actually disagree with .Just food for thought.
I'm not going to keep arguing with you, you make no sense. You are skimming what I'm saying? Then accusing me of something that you're not totally sure if I'm even doing because you're lazy? This little kerfuffle between us is over.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #1099
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The True Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 View Post
I really enjoyed this movie, as I've mentioned before. It's one of my top 10 favorites of all time (that's how much it blew me away).
Unlike many others, I saw a strong bond between each of the turtles and Splinter. Did anyone not hear Raphael's speech at the end? Did anyone not see how much the turtles wanted to save Splinter when he was fighting Shredder? The turtles saved each other multiple times and the turtle tot scenes established they were always close to each other.
Now, people hate the over-the-top action. It's a movie. The action is as goofy as the title. Movies provide entertainment and you'd been disappointed to expect anything more. The action was amazing even if it was over-the-top. Even in a normal 2-D screening, it almost felt like you were sliding down a mountain with the turtles and I normally don't feel that but that what action is for - to amaze you and make you enjoy the movie.
Another complaint - this movie is a product. Guess what? All movies are products. They are ALL for money. This movie felt no more of a product than others, and maybe even less. How about Star Wars? That is product! Back to the Future? Product! Face it, your childhood (the original TMNT movie and whatever else) is product! This movie had product placement, and a ton of great movies do and that doesn't distract from anything. You shouldn't be taken out of Karate Kid for the rest of the movie because Daniel's mother places a Minute Maid carton in perfect view of the camera.
Yet another complaint: April tried to feed the turtles pizza when they were normal. Um, she was obviously joking around. "Want some pizza?" The turtle would pull it's head in and she'd say "Guess not". I used to have a cat as a kid and I'd show it cookies and say "Want some?" just to joke around, just like April. I knew the cat couldn't have cookies and I knew she'd never bite them. Just like my cat didn't like people food, the normal turtles didn't see pizza as food. April wasn't seriously feeding them. Or did I forget a part where a tiny turtle actually ate some of it?
The worst complaint: the Turtles are ugly. Of course they are. They are mutant teenagers under a sewer, subjected to experimental chemicals. You want cartoony, lovable turtles? There are tons already, in cartoons!. Why make a live-action movie if not to utilize the highly advanced performance capture? The CGI was so good, it looked like April was actually standing beside real 6-foot-turtles.
And, of course, too much April. She's a star. She will have time onscreen, sometimes even to herself. Her main duty in the story is the bring about the introduction to the turtles and destroy the mutagen. She has purpose and her acting was not as bad as people say. Never did she take me out of the story (but she did breathe so darn loud).
Shaky cam? I only saw it at the very beginning, and wasn't it to get the effect that a news cameraman was filming it?
I didn't notice story-structure problems, but maybe I was just too invested in the good movie in front of me that I paid to see with my friends for enjoyment. If you go in looking for bad stuff, that's all you see. I went in thinking "Okay this will either be really bad, or just good," and it shocked me. Wow, it's awesome! Coming out of that theatre, that's what I thought, and I still do after reading so much negativity.
Anyway, those are my rebuttals to the many arguments against this movie. I loved this movie, but it does have a few minor flaws, but nothing bad enough to make me call it a disaster. I don't know, maybe I'll just be one of the few people on Earth that love this movie, but I'll remember it fondly and years from now I'll show it to my children, and I sure do hope they like it. But guess what? If they don't, so what. They are entitled to their opinions.
While I RESPECT your OPINION it is in no way a fact...okay? I saw you how you took a jab at people who didn't see what you saw. And that's great but know that other people have different opinions and they aren't wrong. Remember your greatest supporter is YOU.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #1100
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
When I'm literally stating moments of the movie, yes they are fact because they happened, and I'm using it as my ammo. When I said inaccuracies, it was in regards to you saying Shredder called the Turtles "HIS" children which certainly never happened. So.....Like I've been saying, I'm extremely confident in my opinions, and maybe some of you take that as me "forcing my opinion down your throats" but if you're going to call me on this, you should start calling other on it too. There are plenty of people here claiming this movie is bad as a fact. They're also claiming people who liked it as being idiots, and blindly following Michael Bay.

Raphael is my least favorite Turtle, but for me, he was the best one. I liked his speech at the end the first time I saw it, but didn't like it the second time I saw it. To me, it was every Raphael ever making that speech, but it didn't fit the Raphael of this movie, since we didn't get the same amount of tension between Raph and Leo as we do in the first movie.

PS. that is an opinion in case you're confused.
Oh shell nah. I remember the dialogue. Splinter was like "Go my children" and Shredder was all like
"Ha, you think they are your children"
Then when he had Splinter held at knifepoint he said
"Put down your weapons children."
Then near the end with the fight with Raphael
"Splinter taught you wrong" or something like that. Then at the final fight he said
"Enough. Your lesson is over" Am I imagining these lines!? Nuh uh I don't think so. It looks like you are the one with the inaccurate memory.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
reviews

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.