The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

View Poll Results: Banning of transgender people from the military
I am for it 3 16.67%
I am for it, as long as it makes the military more effective 0 0%
I am against it 7 38.89%
I am vehemently against it 7 38.89%
I would like to know more data 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #41
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
The military, in every portion of it, is like that line from the first MJB movie: only the best of the best fof the best. People who have any kind of illmess, sickness cannot and should not serve. Transgenderism still falls into the mentally unfit for duty. You join the military, its about the military and not you or your needs. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one. It has zero to do with anything else. Top of the line skils. Top of the line standards. No time off for endless sensitivity training. You join to become part of a machine to do one of two things, kill or be killed for your country. Feelings are irrelevant.
1. I would't really call most of the military "The Best of the best" if we're talking about special forces then yes.

2. There are other jobs in the military hell I have a friend whos job in the military is to make sure people get their checks.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 AM   #42
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
The military, in every portion of it, is like that line from the first MJB movie: only the best of the best fof the best. People who have any kind of illmess, sickness cannot and should not serve. Transgenderism still falls into the mentally unfit for duty. You join the military, its about the military and not you or your needs. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one. It has zero to do with anything else. Top of the line skils. Top of the line standards. No time off for endless sensitivity training. You join to become part of a machine to do one of two things, kill or be killed for your country. Feelings are irrelevant.
All true statements, although I still am not convinced that being trans falls too heavily in the mentally ill category. As some have pointed out being homosexual once upon was thought to be a mental illness in the DSM...but that's mostly unfounded. I still think the topic of transgender individuals serving is a serious non-issue and anyone who is seriously considering a ban on them is probably taking more away from the mission at hand than anyone who is for them serving.