The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #41
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I can't wait for all the ass shots, explosions, and pee & fart jokes in Michael Bay's Snorks reboot!

EDIT: Oh my god, someone already did it. And it was Dan Schoening, the artist on IDW's Ghostbusters (and TMNT/Ghostbusters)!

http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hph...18696245_n.jpg

Ok, I kinda wish it would happen, and based on that art. And just allow Bay to make it so horrific that it ends up hilariously bad. (No one is too attached to that one to take it's badness or comments on badness personal, right? lol)

Is it me, or does that Snork character look a little like 2014 Mikey... lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #42
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Bay should do Voltron its right up his alley.
Or Saber Rider & The Star Sheriffs
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #43
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
But Pokemon is still ongoing. The series is still on the air now and there are still games released for the franchise. Kind of hard to reboot or remake something that's still currently being made, and with like most Japanese animated programs, it gets a movie every year. I'm not sure how it is back in the states (movie stuff...I actually saw the first one in theaters back in like 1999 and I know movie 2 was in the movie theaters...I think...). But anyway, the show's been on since 1997 and movies have been put out every year since 1998.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Plus, Pokemon is owned by Nintendo. They don't let anyone get their grubby mitts on their property.
Yeah, but you'd think they'd want to make a live action film...

Then again,

Maybe not
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #44
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I'm curious as to who will do the voice actor for Megabyte should the reboot of Reboot ever happen since Tony Jay is deceased.
Well, if it's a full reboot, I guess recasting is a given. If it's a continuation... I dunno. It might be smartest to skip forward in time and write out the character. I can't imagine him performed by anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Is it me, or does that Snork character look a little like 2014 Mikey... lol
Oh, that had to have been on purpose.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #45
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I wonder what other 80's franchises there are which they could do?

The three that seem immediately obvious to me are:

Thundercats
Mask
Dino Riders

Probably others but I've got about 2mins until my lunch break finishes!
I feel like the studios would want to go for something that's pretty well-known (like, in the top 5 80's cartoons) so my money's on Bay being given Thundercats next... if they went for something outside of that, I could also see choices like C.O.P.S or Centurions, as well as the ones you've mentioned. Or Galaxy Rangers? I don't know that the later ones I've listed were that big a part of the toy market though (admittedly it can be hard for me to gauge given that I grew up in a country where the range of available toys from 80s shows was much smaller!)

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #46
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

i am pretty sure i said this before but remember back when transformers first came out in 2007 there was a list of 80s toons they wanted to make movies off of based on the success of TF

alvin, yogi, smurfs,rainbow bright and thundercats

where ones i remember

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #47
pennydreadful
trash

Well they've done Yogi and Smurfs... and Inspector Gadget. Jem's coming down the pipeline as a live-action and Ross Campbell is currently working on a Jem comic as well.

They did two Chipmunks movies as well... I dunno, it doesn't seem that most live-action 80's movie treatments have been hugely commercially successful unless they're in Bay's hands. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 01-15-2015, 04:43 PM   #48
Xav
Foot Elite

There actually have been three Chipmunks movies and a fourth is coming.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #49
pennydreadful
trash

Good grief. I'm guessing it's another one of those "negative reviews but still made mucho $$" film series? From everything I had heard, I thought they were perceived as pretty terrible!

Old 01-17-2015, 03:51 AM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, exactly. Just more movies in the "Kids Are Stupid, They'll Like What We Tell Them To" genre. My niece made me suffer the first two. It was actually her next big infatuation after TMNT. She fell out of TMNT and fell into... the Chipmunks movies.

Not only are they nothing at all like the original toons, which even while lighthearted still had some type of moral or message to them at times, they're not even very well-done kids' movies. Complete pandering trash. But everything has to have poop and fart humor now. "For the kids".

And I recently heard that someone else was working on both He-Man and Thundercats and that they're far removed from Bay, but I fear the damage has been done. This generation, starting with Transformers, has shown Hollywood the "right" way to do licensed films. "Buy the name, design the toys, make it loud, make it shiny, make it dumb, and watch the money roll in." It doesn't matter whether Bay physically makes the movies or not, his influence is everywhere. And we asked for it, and continue to do so. Every time someone says, "Who cares? It's just a movie, and (X) was a silly property anyway," we're further diluting things, and reinforcing the idea that "Crap Sells And People Are Stupid". Why we do so, willingly, is beyond me. Just Stop Going To See Bad Movies, and eventually they'll stop making them. They don't have any reason to Try Harder when people are fine being given junk.

I mean... Hollywood calls you stupid to your face as a day-to-day fact of life/business. I can't be the only person who finds that offensive and refuses to play along.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #51
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Ugh the Chipmunk movie. I had to suffer through the first one. Awful! Despite the Chipmunk Adventure movie having a convoluted plot, at least it was enjoyable. No toilet humor.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #52
Leo656
The Franchise

When I saw the Chipmunks movie, my niece just wouldn't stop gushing about how it was the best movie she'd ever seen... meanwhile, afterwards my poor sister was groaning to me in the kitchen out of earshot of her spawn, "You have no idea... it's EVERY DAY... and it's SO HORRIBLE! It's just such a sh*t movie, and she LOVES it SO MUCH! Two, three times a day... it's just... it's not even funny! Why are kids so stupid?! Why are MY kids so stupid?!"

I think she grew out of it but I'm not sure. But yeah, that was insulting even by "kids movie" standards. I couldn't contain my groan for the poop joke, even for the sake of placating my niece. That stuff is never funny. And yet, poop/fart humor is a staple of just about every kids movie nowadays. Simple Things For Simple Minds. I must have been a mutant, even as a kid I hated that stuff.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #53
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
When I saw the Chipmunks movie, my niece just wouldn't stop gushing about how it was the best movie she'd ever seen... meanwhile, afterwards my poor sister was groaning to me in the kitchen out of earshot of her spawn, "You have no idea... it's EVERY DAY... and it's SO HORRIBLE! It's just such a sh*t movie, and she LOVES it SO MUCH! Two, three times a day... it's just... it's not even funny! Why are kids so stupid?! Why are MY kids so stupid?!"

I think she grew out of it but I'm not sure. But yeah, that was insulting even by "kids movie" standards. I couldn't contain my groan for the poop joke, even for the sake of placating my niece. That stuff is never funny. And yet, poop/fart humor is a staple of just about every kids movie nowadays. Simple Things For Simple Minds. I must have been a mutant, even as a kid I hated that stuff.
Speaking of kids movies, apparently Paddington is freaking fantastic.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paddington_2014/

Which kinda sorta totally proves our theory. Kids movies don't have to be f*cking insultingly dumb to appeal to kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #54
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Despite liking Ren & Stimpy up to a point as a kid (it became too gross for me) I never was fond of toilet humor either. I hate fart and poop jokes, and was the same as a kid. It was never funny to me and still don't get how people find it amusing, but to each his own, right?

As for those Chipmunk movies, I don't remember it all that well...just that I felt it was bad, imo, and couldn't blame nostalgia for it. lol
Old 01-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #55
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Speaking of kids movies, apparently Paddington is freaking fantastic.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paddington_2014/

Which kinda sorta totally proves our theory. Kids movies don't have to be f*cking insultingly dumb to appeal to kids.
Damn right. Just look at (most of) the Pixar movies. A good kids' movie should still be a good movie, period. Anyone who says "it's a kids' movie" to dismiss criticisms clearly doesn't have enough respect for kids.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #56
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Damn right. Just look at (most of) the Pixar movies. A good kids' movie should still be a good movie, period. Anyone who says "it's a kids' movie" to dismiss criticisms clearly doesn't have enough respect for kids.
Yeah. Look at films like The Land Before Time and An American Tale. Both kids' movies that didn't treat us at the time like we were idiots.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #57
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Has anyone seen that movie yet?
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #58
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
It's just another dodge to defend a bad movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #59
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'know, re-reading all that, I'm gonna clarify, I DID occasionally get into that kind of "cheap" humor, in shows like Ren & Stimpy or Beavis and Butt-Head where the entire thing was over-the-top and low-brow and that was the entire point. It was funny in context and I loved those shows. But out of context, in places it's not necessary or doesn't fit, it's just Effin' Stupid.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:18 AM   #60
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Y'know, re-reading all that, I'm gonna clarify, I DID occasionally get into that kind of "cheap" humor, in shows like Ren & Stimpy or Beavis and Butt-Head where the entire thing was over-the-top and low-brow and that was the entire point. It was funny in context and I loved those shows. But out of context, in places it's not necessary or doesn't fit, it's just Effin' Stupid.
So what's high brow comedy?