The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #21
SDCC
Foot Soldier

Hi guys!

Here's my review for #34. http://www.superdstuff.com/2014/06/tmnt-34.html

I've been here a couple of months now, but I always get so excited seeing Tom and the other creators/artists on the boards. Great stuff.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #22
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
I think it will be the base of Foot Tech Ninjas, after all the cloaking system Harold invented is pretty much the same as the one they used in 4kids...
I just read the issue. Let's just say... It all becomes very clear in the end. Loved it!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #23
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Read it too, but yeah, now I'd indeed reconsider who becomes
Spoiler:
Nobody
. (if that was a hint)

Liked all the Harold dialogues, it was awesome how Santolouco's art got synced up to Harold's ridicolous expressions. Angel was quiet tolerant by not kicking him in the face.
It was nice to see Metalhead first time in IDW, I like this design more then Nick's.
The story itself was pretty straightforward, and nothing unexpected happened, but it was a fun, and I enjoyed it.
Oh and the last page, it was nice to see 'them' finally back, can wait for next issue!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

I wonder if...

Spoiler:
Lindsey is forcibly mutated into something? Or Hob just wants her for her experience with the mutagen, without dangling that threat over her head? I always had a feeling she would be back, given that everyone else at Stockgen turned out to be important in one way or another.

Is #35 still coming out this month?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #25
pingclang
Stone Warrior

IDW just refuses to disappoint. Metalhead looks fantastic.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:24 AM   #26
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spoiler:
Metalhead and Nobody's costume? The question is will it be a costume that anyone wears? Angel? A disgraced cop with a heart of gold?
It seems Old Hob is using StockGen employees as mutant experiment guiena pigs. Wonder where this is headed in a few weeks.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #27
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Read it too, but yeah, now I'd indeed reconsider who becomes
Spoiler:
Nobody
. (if that was a hint)

Liked all the Harold dialogues, it was awesome how Santolouco's art got synced up to Harold's ridicolous expressions. Angel was quiet tolerant by not kicking him in the face.
It was nice to see Metalhead first time in IDW, I like this design more then Nick's.
The story itself was pretty straightforward, and nothing unexpected happened, but it was a fun, and I enjoyed it.
Oh and the last page, it was nice to see 'them' finally back, can wait for next issue!
Read the issue as well. Let's see if I can guess the next surprise.
Spoiler:
Lindsey ends up as Mona Lisa
Warboss74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #28
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:
Metalhead and Nobody's costume? The question is will it be a costume that anyone wears? Angel? A disgraced cop with a heart of gold?
It seems Old Hob is using StockGen employees as mutant experiment guiena pigs. Wonder where this is headed in a few weeks.
I'd bet it ends up being Angel given how often Hun has thrown her around. Kind of levels the playing field for her.
Warboss74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #29
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Man that issue was awesome! It felt so short though, I hope #35 still comes out at the end of this month.

I love how good Santolouco is at drawing expressions; Harold and Angel in particular in this issue had so many perfect facial expressions.

One thing I really liked about this issue and most of the time this series as a whole is that everyone's dialogue feels fitting for who they are (most of the time). In this issue, for example, Harold yelling "Dammit, girl!" at Angel felt very natural. It made me wonder though, what are the rules for what swear words the characters are allowed to say? I loved the Bebop and Rocksteady micro and all their appearances in the main series but when they say something like "we kicked their butts" it just totally takes me out of the moment. Are we supposed to believe that two guys like them really talk like that? They can't say ass? Is Viacom really that strict?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

If Metalhead is successfully repaired in time, and Nobody becomes a thing, then the turtles just gained two valuable new assets for the upcoming showdown with Shredder. I expect Splinter will take a more favorable view of Donnie's quest to stop the Technodrome once he realizes this.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #31
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full review of TMNT #34 at TMNT Entity.

Well, I'll give IDW their due: That was some clever misdirection in their solicits.

I was a bit irritated that the debut of Metalhead was spoiled months ago in their own previews and solicits, but because I spent the past four months anticipating Metalhead and didn't even stop to think that ANOTHER classic character might also be making their comeback in this issue.

So I went into this issue grouchy that a surprise had been spoiled only to be surprised anyway. So nice work there.

And nice work fro Santolouco, too. Those two-page spreads were gorgeous; the whole Metalhead fight was, really. The barroom brawl from last issue didn't do anything for me on the action front, but this chapter really picked up the slack.

The cliffhanger has me anxious, too. Loved it.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #32
corvus
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure Lindsey is gonna be forced to work on mutants, I just don't see her being one at any point. I mean, Mona Lisa? Come on!! thats about as likely as Ace Duck or Pizza face showing up(actually a really dark pizza face might be cool), The nobody suit is actually really unexpected, maybe Harold labels it that after what angel said. I see can see metalhead being stolen by stockgen, Harolds paranoia over them breaking into his place could be seen as foreshadowing.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #33
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

What a great issue! I continue to love this series and be so excited for each issue! Worth the wait, although I'm glad #35 is coming soon! Unless Diamond ****s up again!

Spoiler:
I was really happy for what happened with Angel although I don't know how she got into the Nobody costume so fast. Now that she's getting some development I think she is really fun and a nice contrast to April. I like how IDW is handling its diverse female cast. It was fun watching the interactions between Don, April, Angel and Harold, and Metalhead's design was awesome!

It's really cool to bring Nobody in, although it's hardly related to the original Nobody... seeing as this Nobody is not a cop, nor a guy...

The art is always very professional and the action is great, although I've had problems with the portrayals of the Turtles by Santolouco. In this issue, however, I thought Don didn't look too skinny and oblong-headed, except perhaps on the cover. I must admit that he looks naked without the knee wraps, as does Leo. I can only hope Mike and Raph look just as improved next issue!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #34
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
What a great issue! I continue to love this series and be so excited for each issue! Worth the wait, although I'm glad #35 is coming soon! Unless Diamond ****s up again!

Spoiler:
I was really happy for what happened with Angel although I don't know how she got into the Nobody costume so fast. Now that she's getting some development I think she is really fun and a nice contrast to April. I like how IDW is handling its diverse female cast. It was fun watching the interactions between Don, April, Angel and Harold, and Metalhead's design was awesome!

It's really cool to bring Nobody in, although it's hardly related to the original Nobody... seeing as this Nobody is not a cop, nor a guy...

The art is always very professional and the action is great, although I've had problems with the portrayals of the Turtles by Santolouco. In this issue, however, I thought Don didn't look too skinny and oblong-headed, except perhaps on the cover. I must admit that he looks naked without the knee wraps, as does Leo. I can only hope Mike and Raph look just as improved next issue!
I agree the art designs are leaving a bad taste in my mouth at this point. I just don't like the designs. I hate how Mikey's bandanna is cut off.
But I still like how the book is drawn overall.

I am curious if
Spoiler:
Angel will dawn the cape and cowl of Nobody, or if the real Nobody will show?
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #35
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I hate how Mikey's bandanna is cut off.
I too don't like this. When he looks more similar to his brothers (not tiny with buck teeth and a short bandanna) he looks less like the kid, more equal.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #36
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Re: Lindsey

Spoiler:
My guess is she's going to be creating Hob's mutant army for him whether she wants to or not.

Re: Angel

Spoiler:
I'm happy to see the potential for somebody to be Nobody raised in the book, but I'm not crazy about the idea of Angel being Nobody.

Other than that... this was a quick fun issue and Harold's my favorite of the original IDW characters outside Hob, but it's the next couple issues I've really been looking forward to.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #37
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
I think the reason why Angel is donning the Nobody motif is because she still wants to fight off crime in her neighborhood since she's no longer a Purple Dragon (at least I think ever since Hun took over).
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #38
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Re: Lindsey

Spoiler:
My guess is she's going to be creating Hob's mutant army for him whether she wants to or not.
Wow I can't believe I didn't put that together!!!! I think you are completely correct. Old Hob is quickly becoming my favorite original Idw character!!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #39
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Yeah, Hob's easily my favorite part of the new IDW stuff. He fills the whole anti-Mutanimal/Magneto role I never knew was missing in previous versions of TMNT. It's crazy to think he's such a late addition to the mythos... like how Harley Quinn didn't exist before Batman: TAS in the 90's.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #40
MaximeLoonatic
Hench Mutant

Spoiler:
For a moment I though that it was Irma... But she seems called Lindsey. ... .
MaximeLoonatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tom waltz