The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
Thorneyeagle
Foot Soldier

Potential for Omnibus?

Hey,

I have been away from the board for a while. Still purchasing the comics, though I admit I have become distracted and have not been keeping up with the issues I purchase.

Recently I noticed that they have been releasing hardcover editions of the comics (12 per book) versus the trade paperbacks with 4 issues. Any chance they might release something closer to an omnibus level? Something with like 50+ comics at a time?

Thanks for any insight. Sorry if this was posted before. I didn't see it.
Thorneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

This is a good question Most IDW series do not last this long so there is no reason from an omnibus from my understanding, but TMNT is one there longest if not there longest running series right now and could probably justify making an Omnibus or two.

I don't think they have announced any plans for an Omnibus, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility especially after they revived the Image series. Only time will tell.

Also this would be a great question for the "Asking the editor" Thread.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Personally, I'd rather not have anything compete with these 12-17 issue hardbacks. They're frickin' gorgeous.

And besides, IDW already has an unfortunate tendency of repackaging reprints over and over and over. Move on to the NEW material, like Image Volume 3 or even (dare I hope!?) Mirage Volume 4!
Old 01-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
Thorneyeagle
Foot Soldier

The new hardcover books do look nice. I guess I am just trying to be cost affective here. Maybe sometime down the line I will. Got to save for the 50 versions of issue #100 first lol.
Thorneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Personally, I'd rather not have anything compete with these 12-17 issue hardbacks. They're frickin' gorgeous.

And besides, IDW already has an unfortunate tendency of repackaging reprints over and over and over. Move on to the NEW material, like Image Volume 3 or even (dare I hope!?) Mirage Volume 4!
This is a really good point. They have already released the Hardcovers which do look amazing, I have been on the fence about getting them. I have all the singles so far and I can't justify buying the hardcovers without selling the singles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorneyeagle View Post
The new hardcover books do look nice. I guess I am just trying to be cost affective here. Maybe sometime down the line I will. Got to save for the 50 versions of issue #100 first lol.
Yeah Issue 100 is going to have several variants and I am thinking about buying one of the blank variants and hunting down Eastman to have him sign and do a custom sketch.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote