The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #181
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

Sure, but they share common money and other resources at some level. I have no idea which is more profitable.
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:04 PM   #182
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'm going to look more into Vol. 3 and try and figure out what the obstacles are. I'll ask about Vol. 4 too, I don't know.

I don't think anything is absolute. Things can change over time, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:09 PM   #183
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only obstacle I can think of is several Image owned characters guest star in the book like Savage Dragon and other Image superheroes, but I remember Erik Larsen (head of Image), saying that he would be OK with IDW reprinting the series.

Unless its because of the violence, but honestly, Image isn't *that* much more violent than Mirage. I mean the whole story with Don smashing his shell and becoming a cyborg seemed to be the inspiration for IDW's story with Don becoming Metalhead. Raph's face gets scarred but it gets bandaged up quickly and then he wears Casey's mask over it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #184
AquaParade
Banned

Thanks for looking into vol. 3, Bobby. It's a fan favorite.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:30 AM   #185
CyberCubed
Overlord

Speaking of Image, was Don's shell being smashed and put in Metalhead's body inspired by Don's shell being smashed and becoming a cyborg in the Image series?

It seemed too similar to be a coincidence. I know Tom likes to pull things from all the different TMNT universes and this seemed to be very Image inspired.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:56 AM   #186
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I think we've talked a bit about it before, but a Christmas/holiday issue being brought up in this thread got me thinking about it again, do you guys ever think about doing seasonal specials? Like a Valentine's Day special or a Halloween special? I've always loved that kind of thing, I'm disappointed I didn't get to draw the Jem holiday special and the Valentine's issue. Just think about how cool a TMNT Halloween special would be!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #187
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That would be awesome! The Halloween episode of the 4Kids series was one of my favorites. A comic like that would be fun.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #188
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Correct me if I'm wrong but that 2k3 episode was based on one of the Vol. 1 Tales issues. Wasn't that a Halloween issue?
Also there is that one short story about the guys breaking into the 2nd Time Around shop and the Turtles all being dressed in their Halloween costumes getting ready to meet April at a Halloween Party and they had to defend the shop. It was just collected in the Ultimate Collection 6 book. I believe its called "Don't judge a book"?
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #189
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Speaking of Image, was Don's shell being smashed and put in Metalhead's body inspired by Don's shell being smashed and becoming a cyborg in the Image series?

It seemed too similar to be a coincidence. I know Tom likes to pull things from all the different TMNT universes and this seemed to be very Image inspired.
It came from thinking about Fugitoid-- how Don and Fugitoid were friends and had the conversation about what happened to souls during teleportation in Krang War (a conversation that came completely from Tom, btw). It seemed odd to me that there was this mind-into-machine technology in the TMNT universe and it was relatively unexplored, and this seemed like a good time to do so.

But after the fact I did remember that aspect of Image and noted the similarity. I don't doubt that must have played a strong subconscious role. It was around the same time that we planning the 30th Anniversary Special, so it would have been fresh in my mind.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #190
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I think we've talked a bit about it before, but a Christmas/holiday issue being brought up in this thread got me thinking about it again, do you guys ever think about doing seasonal specials? Like a Valentine's Day special or a Halloween special? I've always loved that kind of thing, I'm disappointed I didn't get to draw the Jem holiday special and the Valentine's issue. Just think about how cool a TMNT Halloween special would be!
Not something we've actively thought about, they are kind of difficult to plan, but i'm up for it if someone pitches a good seasonal story. *Squints at Sophie*
Old 01-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #191
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but that 2k3 episode was based on one of the Vol. 1 Tales issues. Wasn't that a Halloween issue?
Also there is that one short story about the guys breaking into the 2nd Time Around shop and the Turtles all being dressed in their Halloween costumes getting ready to meet April at a Halloween Party and they had to defend the shop. It was just collected in the Ultimate Collection 6 book. I believe its called "Don't judge a book"?
Yeah! I love that short. It was originally published in TMNT & Other Strangeness. All the Turtles' costumes get ruined in the fight so they decide to just go to the party as themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Not something we've actively thought about, they are kind of difficult to plan, but i'm up for it if someone pitches a good seasonal story. *Squints at Sophie*
We can do a sappy mushy Valentine's issue featuring romantic pairings of Raph/Alopex, Koya/Bludgeon, Angel/April, and Sally/Lindsay. Or I'd introduce Mona Lisa and then everyone would hate me.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:34 AM   #192
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
We can do a sappy mushy Valentine's issue featuring romantic pairings of Angel/April, D
Whoa, Angel/April? Now there's a pairing I could go for.

I always figured that if Casey/April break up in this series, that Angel would be his "rebound" girl for Casey, since Angel and Casey have the whole childhood friendship thing going on. Not to mention Angel clearly likes Casey as you can tell by the scene at the hospital and show talks to him.

Never thought of Angel/April, but that sounds good to me.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #193
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm down with some sappy Valentines. So long as it's utterly saccharine and enjoyably gross, like a cake decorated with 90% marzipan.

At this point now, I'm confused as to what Bludgeon and Koya's relationship is. Is it sibling-y or romantic-y...or platonic close friendship? Either of those ways, someone will ship a bird and a shark. Someone that is totally not me. In no way what so ever. I do not chuckle thinking about Koya at a Foot Clan karaoke night belting Bette Middler's Wind Beneath My Wings mostly to Bludgeon.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #194
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Guys, can we keep the discussion to a minimum and try to keep the thread to questions only? It'd probably make it easier for Bobby to reply if he doesn't have to wade through us discussing and theorizing...

$0.02
Old 01-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #195
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Agreed with CKD,if you fail to comply you will be tomstoned by Leo656.

As for my question, was there always a set number of members of The Pantheon? I keep wondering if we have seen all of Kitsume's siblings yet.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #196
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

First, I just want to say i've looked a bit more into Image reprinting. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up as there is no official change in its status and won't be for a while yet, if ever.

But it does seem like it's possible, just depends on a couple factors i'm not at liberty to discuss, which look to be slow to move. I will continue to prod at it and keep folks updated if things develop.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #197
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

As for my question, was there always a set number of members of The Pantheon? I keep wondering if we have seen all of Kitsume's siblings yet.
No, that is something that has, and could continue, to change.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #198
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
First, I just want to say i've looked a bit more into Image reprinting. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up as there is no official change in its status and won't be for a while yet, if ever.

But it does seem like it's possible, just depends on a couple factors i'm not at liberty to discuss, which look to be slow to move. I will continue to prod at it and keep folks updated if things develop.
Thanks Bobby. Fan favorites are worth waiting for; just tell the reprint guys whenever they do make it happen, there's a group of us on here who will immediately preorder.

Any ideas when Volume 4 might start getting collected, as Volume 2 was finished last summer?
Old 01-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #199
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Thanks Bobby. Fan favorites are worth waiting for; just tell the reprint guys whenever they do make it happen, there's a group of us on here who will immediately preorder.

Any ideas when Volume 4 might start getting collected, as Volume 2 was finished last summer?
Not currently on the schedule, but could just be waiting until Adventures or Tales get further along. I believe the current thinking is that the market can only support so many TMNT reprints at a time.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #200
neatoman
Emperor

So are there any more crossover plans when your little collaboration with DC is over?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz